Grasu's Future...

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny stuff. Leno is a terrible left tackle. HE can effectively block maybe a third of the pass rushers in football but against anyone average to great, he looks like turnstile at a train station.

Sounds like someone is just seeing his draft status. Fact is anyone with half a brain can see Leno isnt great but also isnt terrible. Hawk is Hawking again.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like someone is just seeing his draft status. Fact is anyone with half a brain can see Leno isnt great but also isnt terrible. Hawk is Hawking again.

His obsession with the Leno hate is deserving of a Leno Hate sub-forum. I say create it and confine him there. Very old and tired narrative from that guy.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That was college it is a lot of good college tackles that project as guards in the NFL, see Klye Long at Oregon. Wing span, hieght and a lot of other factors come into play at the NFL level. Bears have a PB center to QB the OL why make him an avg to below avg tackle? Use a backup that has already played in the NFL as a tackle instead of weaking 2 positions.

I'm checking Google to see if they have a translation app for your post.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
ANother thing, were our two tackles different with Cutler over center? OR were they the same stiffs in all of the games?

Pretty sure Leno and Massive started all year didn't they? Were either of them hurt? Can't remember....

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Why do you say this? Kush is only 2 years older then Grasu and has looked good going against other NFL players. Plus as you said the G position is more a position of need! I would that the exact opposite is true. I would much rather try to develop Kush then Grasu, because he is better to start with and plays a position that is almost a immediate need of a new starter because of health and age.
I want to develop both. And Kush is already mostly developed, but Grasu is not. If Grasu looks good, we need to see what we have with him. Hopefully preseason will show us plenty.

Whitehair (2nd Rd) was drafted to play G. Grasu (3rd Rd) was drafted to play C. IF they can both play well, surely they will play their primary positions soon enough.

As I said, if Sitton, Long and Whitehair are all healthy, they'll probably stay where they are. During a game, if Sitton or Long go down, Kush would likely jump in at G. But being Long and Sitton are both fragile these days, we're going to want to get Grasu established at C as soon as possible -- if he's playing well (with Whitehair to G).

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want to develop both. And Kush is already mostly developed, but Grasu is not. If Grasu looks good, we need to see what we have with him. Hopefully preseason will show us plenty.

Whitehair (2nd Rd) was drafted to play G. Grasu (3rd Rd) was drafted to play C. IF they can both play well, surely they will play their primary positions soon enough.

As I said, if Sitton, Long and Whitehair are all healthy, they'll probably stay where they are. During a game, if Sitton or Long go down, Kush would likely jump in at G. But being Long and Sitton are both fragile these days, we're going to want to get Grasu established at C as soon as possible -- if he's playing well (with Whitehair to G).

I think I see what you are trying to get at, but I just don't agree with it. First of all how do you know Kush is mostly developed?

OG Kush went to a really small school in western PA and was drafted in the 6th Rd by the Chiefs. After, two years with KC he started 1 game and was cut in 2015. He signed and cut by TB, CAR, and HOU before STL signed him in November where he played in the final 6 games never starting one. STL cut him in September and the Bears signed him immediately. 6 teams in 4 years and never been unemployed more then 2 days. How is this guy mostly developed? This guy has had his dreams crushed 5 times already and only started 1 time before the Bears had him start 4 games last year.

The goal should be to get the best 5 players out there if there is an injury to a OG then Kush should fill in for him. We know that 00Whitehair plays at a probowl level at center. We also know Kush plays at least good to average at the OG position next to Whitehair. What we don't know is how Whitehair is going to play at OG and if Grasu has improved from horrible at center.

The best you should hope for is that Grasu progressed from horrible to average. With Kush, maybe he can progress from average to good. The only time Grasu should be playing is if Whitehair is hurt. Any other injury we should be putting OG Kush in the mix.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Funny stuff. Leno is a terrible left tackle. HE can effectively block maybe a third of the pass rushers in football but against anyone average to great, he looks like turnstile at a train station.
Funny stuff. You haven't got shit clue about real life.
Joe Thomas 3.8 sacks/16 games, Andrew Whitworth 4sacks/16games, Joe Staley 4.5, Trent Williams 6.5, Donald Penn 7.3, Charles Leno 5.1

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny stuff. You haven't got shit clue about real life.
Joe Thomas 3.8 sacks/16 games, Andrew Whitworth 4sacks/16games, Joe Staley 4.5, Trent Williams 6.5, Donald Penn 7.3, Charles Leno 5.1

Exactly! Leno is not a bad LT, but he may be the worst OL starting for us. With that said, if they stay healthy they could easly be a top 5 OL. Jordan Howard is going to be a monster in FF!

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Grasu is going to have to deliver a "Monster Camp" to make the 53. Not sure if he can, but wish him the best.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Grasu is going to have to deliver a "Monster Camp" to make the 53. Not sure if he can, but wish him the best.

Who is he competing with as backup center?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Kush can play center also

I thnk you are right, the depth chart from ourlads have them in this order:
C 65 Whitehair, Cody 16/2 55 Grasu, Hroniss 15/3 57 BOGGS, TAYLOR U/Arz 64 Kush, Eric W/LA

I cant wait til this Saturday when we get a good idea of the official depth chart. I am mostly interested in the WR and Secondary chart.

Who will be our 2 outside and slot WR on Saturday?? who our the 2 Saftys on Saturday?? I don't even know who the two outside CBs are... so many questions

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think I see what you are trying to get at, but I just don't agree with it. First of all how do you know Kush is mostly developed?

OG Kush went to a really small school in western PA and was drafted in the 6th Rd by the Chiefs. After, two years with KC he started 1 game and was cut in 2015. He signed and cut by TB, CAR, and HOU before STL signed him in November where he played in the final 6 games never starting one. STL cut him in September and the Bears signed him immediately. 6 teams in 4 years and never been unemployed more then 2 days. How is this guy mostly developed? This guy has had his dreams crushed 5 times already and only started 1 time before the Bears had him start 4 games last year.

The goal should be to get the best 5 players out there if there is an injury to a OG then Kush should fill in for him. We know that 00Whitehair plays at a probowl level at center. We also know Kush plays at least good to average at the OG position next to Whitehair. What we don't know is how Whitehair is going to play at OG and if Grasu has improved from horrible at center.

The best you should hope for is that Grasu progressed from horrible to average. With Kush, maybe he can progress from average to good. The only time Grasu should be playing is if Whitehair is hurt. Any other injury we should be putting OG Kush in the mix.
Well, you've also painted yourself a picture... Grasu was drafted by Pace/Bears in the 3rd, and Kush has been with 5 teams in a few years. Pace is going to give Grasu ever opportunity to succeed with the Bears. And he should. Kush is seen as a lucky backup... not contending for a starting position against Sitton or Long... rather a straight up backup. I hope they both Grasu and Kush succeed. But there's people on this forum who want to cut Grasu now... they don't even want to see how he plays now. Very strange. The Bears organization isn't holding a 'grudge' against Grasu like folks on this forum.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Grasu makes the team one way, if he can provide depth at guard as well as center. If, as the Bears have stated, he has added some good weight that helps his power/anchor, he already had good ability to get to the next level. Grasu isn't beating out Whitehair and Whitehair is not going to be starting at any tackle position without a rash of injuries. Sitton Whitehair Long is a dream interior line, why do Bears fans bitch about position A and once the Bears have a stud at position A, want the Bears to move him to position B and reopen the weakness at position A.

Hey maybe Whitehair can play safety once his C days are done.

I hate this too. If they are playing good, fucking leave them there. Like when we moved Kyle Long to tackle - he sucked and secretly hated it. And we weakened 2 spots by doing that. Now the team is talking about moving him to LG and Sitton to RG. Not as drastic but it's still different blocking angles and you're just asking to regress from last year.

We also did that with Chris Williams back in 2009. We played him at RT, then moved him to LT where he got injured, then moved him to LG, then released him a couple years later because he sucked. I think partially because he never got set in one position in his first couple years in the NFL.

As for Grasu, it's basically a battle between Morgan, Boggs, Richardson and Grasu for 1 backup center/guard position. Whoever makes it out of those 4 will determine where Kush plays (backup center or guard). And they will try to get Morgan or Grasu on the practice squad if they don't make the 53 since they're Pace's draft picks.

baredown

Liked Posts:
But there's people on this forum who want to cut Grasu now... they don't even want to see how he plays now. Very strange. The Bears organization isn't holding a 'grudge' against Grasu like folks on this forum.

Amen. What's even stranger is that Grasu was a developmental type of draft choice. He was recognized as undersized & under-strengthed when the Bears drafted him. The various draft analysis services were pretty uniform in saying that he needed to bulk up and hit the weight room really hard before he'd be physically ready to compete at the NFL level. They were also fairly uniform in saying that if he were able to add bulk & strength, he could become a quality center, given his athleticism & agility. Instead of having that first year to develop, he gets thrown in the starting lineup very early, due to Montgomery's injury. Surprise, surprise, he gets overpowered. Now, a bunch of people here have decided he can't play, even though they've seen nothing about his play since his rookie year. Maybe "strange" isn't the right word; "silly" is probably more accurate...

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Personally can't understand why anybody would be down on a midget center with a torn ACL?