Was trading jimmy a mistake?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
There are reports that kyrie wanted to go to the bulls before they traded jimmy. One of the biggest problems with this FO is that they could never make the big trade or convince the big FA to sign. Now we had a guy that wanted to be with the bulls and recruit and we traded him away. Would they have been better off keeping him and trying to convince super stars to come here or are they better off just starting from scratch?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If we kept Jimmy we wouldve probably ended up with Ky---le Lowry.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Kyrie is an entertaining player, so don't get me wrong. But Kyrie + Jimmy isn't going to move the needle much. It just puts us back into rebuild in 2019.

The bigger mistake was not trading him to Boston.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Everybody who was screaming "trade Jimmy and tank" doesn't get to say what if?. You made your choice in real time and if you saw the Irving move coming you should have said so.

Keeping Jimmy would still have seen Wade opt in, so the next decision would have been to keep Rondo or not, then it would have been who to pick at 16. That would have meant resigning Mirotic. There would have been no concern about how Lavine would come back, no wondering if Dunn was being held back in Minn, or if Markkanen was, only hoping the 3 stars didn't break down and would Valentine and Zipser provide enough improvement off the bench.

There was no looking into the crystal ball and seeing Irving demanding a trade and nothing now that's more than a fantasy that he would have come to the Bulls. And that would have had to have happened before they needed to make the call on Rondo.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
The mistake was hiring Paxson and Gar Forman to run the team.