IST: Cubs vs. Diamonbacks

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is an ebb and flow to each season. Right now the bullpen sucks. They will get it together collectively. Be patient. Cubs are right in the hunt.

Yeah, I hear ya but they really make their own problems when you walk people especially with the wind blowing out....Edwards walking the first two guys he saw then having both of them score is just inexcusable at the major league level. None of these guys are rookies anymore. That being said, it pretty much goes hand in hand with how the game's being called. Guy behind the plate today was brutal. If baseball wants to speed up the game, get those goofs out from behind the plate and let today's technology take over. No B&S arguments, fewer ejections and no more of these old bastards thinking they are the show...not the players.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I hear ya but they really make their own problems when you walk people especially with the wind blowing out....Edwards walking the first two guys he saw then having both of them score is just inexcusable at the major league level. None of these guys are rookies anymore. That being said, it pretty much goes hand in hand with how the game's being called. Guy behind the plate today was brutal. If baseball wants to speed up the game, get those goofs out from behind the plate and let today's technology take over. No B&S arguments, fewer ejections and no more of these old bastards thinking they are the show...not the players.

I have a hard time dogging on Edwards when he pitches so well most of the time. Sometimes his command just leaves him and I have no idea why. Often his next appearance will be flawless. It's a hole in his game that I hope gets closed up eventually or he'll never be the closer we all expect him to be.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not just that...

Over the years I've heard different players talk about the importance of getting consistent AB and how much easier it is to stay focus knowing you're in the line up ever day over playing one day and then sitting for a couple games...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Where was all this last year when Maddon did this all the time??????

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Javy Baez can make highlight reel defensive plays, but until he makes routine plays consistently, he won't be a full time starter. And won't be the asset he could be.

There's at lesat one iPad that seconds this.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Where was all this last year when Maddon did this all the time??????
But he didn't....

This was his main starters most of the season, once Baez settled in at 2B and Soler struggled and was on DL most of time...

C. Montero Contreras Ross

1B Rizzo

2B Baez

SS Russell

3B Bryant

LF Zobrist

CF Fowler

RF Heyward

Soler played 86 games

LaStella Cogs Almora

All used off bench and played less then 50 games...

Szczur played in over 100 but he was their main PHer and late OF defense for Soler/Zobrist

So, People think he shuffled the lineup alot last season, but he really didnt..

He had the 3 catchers..
And
Soler played LF whenever he wasn't hurt or struggling, he played in 86 total games..

This year..

He shuffling around 2B, SS, LF, and CF
between Happ Zobrist Baez Russell Schwarber Jay and somewhat Almora

That 6/7 guys showing up to the ballpark everyday not being able to have a regular routine and stay in a groove with the bat...

Late Edit:

2016- 6 of the starters above played over 140 games, Fowler (125) would of been 7th but was injured..

2017- with 55 games remaining.If he continues the shuffle.. only 2, Rizzo and Bryant will play in over 140 games this year..Heyward (77) would of been a third but he was DL and missed games..

So, he basically has 3 guys settled in at a position this year over 7 last year..

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm going to disagree, but not pursuit further.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm going to disagree, but not pursuit further.
Lol..

Don't know what you're disagreeing to..
Just laid it out for you on how it played out last year...

But ok.....