IST: Cubs vs Nationals

chibears55

Liked Posts:
These guys kill me with the big hacks..

Yea we can use a HR but take decent cuts, don't hack away at pitches no where near plate...

Terrible game once again with the bats...

Can't do shit against Rourke, hate to see if they had to face Gonzalez Scherzer or Strasburg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
That at bat right there shows how bad Baez is offensively. i think you have to choose either Russell or Baez and play them at a defensive premium position of SS because they play like one. Maybe you get away with moving people around, and Madden likes to anyway, and eventually LF and 2B will naturally filter out. Right now they have surplus.

Russell has actually put together a great season.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
That at bat right there shows how bad Baez is offensively. i think you have to choose either Russell or Baez and play them at a defensive premium position of SS because they play like one. Maybe you get away with moving people around, and Madden likes to anyway, and eventually LF and 2B will naturally filter out. Right now they have surplus.
For me...

Only positions secured for next year is C. Contreras 1B. Rizzo 3B. Bryant

All other positions it wouldn't bother me if they traded any of these players in Baez Russell Happ Schwarber or Heyward and replaced them ...

Obviously that won't happen but I hope management can see that they need to limit the big hacking pull hitters from lineup and mix in a couple guys who can spray ball around and just get on base...

Why I wish Almora would play more, just to see if he can eventually be such player.. we already know he can bring it defensively

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
34a1bf284a28526af444d9af0bccadbc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Edwin Jackson tomorrow
Probably get shutout by him

Some guy named Eric Fedde making his 2nd career start..
Might get 1 off him

[emoji53][emoji53][emoji53]

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Edwin Jackson tomorrow
Probably get shutout by him

Some guy named Eric Fedde making his 2nd career start..
Might get 1 off him

[emoji53][emoji53][emoji53]

I don't mean to be rude, but you are a tad over reactionary.

Fall in love with an early seaon batting average. Abandon WS champs over three game losing streak.

Breathe.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whoever said pick Baez or Russell at short....that's been done. I think Russell is on the DL....that's the only reason he's not out there at SS.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Fall in love with an early seaon batting average. Abandon WS champs over three game losing streak.

Breathe.

Hey, I've gotten past it. That's who he is. Kind of a mentally rough way to get through a season....but to each his own. I try to keep in mind that it's just a game.

****EDIT****

Unless we are talking walks and/or bad umpiring....that will piss me off any day of the week.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Breathe.
Lol..
Don't take everything so seriously..

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Hey, I've gotten past it. That's who he is. Kind of a mentally rough way to get through a season....but to each his own. I try to keep in mind that it's just a game.

****EDIT****

Unless we are talking walks and/or bad umpiring....that will piss me off any day of the week.

"Mentally rough". That's excellent and true. In the end it's not our business, it's just how our friend here gets through the day. For myself I try to do the opposite, I look for positives and try not to let the ebbs and flows of a long baseball season steal my baseball joy. I have enough stress in my life, baseball is my escape.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Today, in a battle of epic proportions. The great Edwin Jackson will face John Lackey. Can't wait.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
"Mentally rough". That's excellent and true. In the end it's not our business, it's just how our friend here gets through the day. For myself I try to do the opposite, I look for positives and try not to let the ebbs and flows of a long baseball season steal my baseball joy. I have enough stress in my life, baseball is my escape.
Wow..

Lighten up guys..you take things too literal and serious in here....

Guess I should of found what is it a green color...

You know ha ha now watch the bats struggle against shit ass Edwards and some rookie this weekend..

Wow.. now were getting into the mental stage...lol

Guess some of you haven't been through the real bad years of the Cubs and don't know how to joke about them to lighten the mood, and I'm not talking about the rebuild years....

If you need to know , my life don't circle around how the Cubs play..lol

Great when they win sucks when they lose, move onto my life and wait til the next game...

I'll talk about them, give my opinion, joke about them but in the end their the ones making millions playing a game and entertaining me for 3 hours..

Ok... let move on from over analyzing me now...LmAO

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Today, in a battle of epic proportions. The great Edwin Jackson will face John Lackey. Can't wait.
*Green Colored [emoji6]

Watch it turns into the 1-0 game that Greinke/Quintana was suppose to be

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Finally Got someone in LF that can hit ...... ?????

Think this is first time they actually had 7 guys in line-up hitting over .250
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guess some of you haven't been through the real bad years of the Cubs and don't know how to joke about them to lighten the mood, and I'm not talking about the rebuild years....

Whoa. Just blatant exposure on how very little everyone here knows about everyone else. I'll just put it this way, you can figure out the math....I was at Wrigley Field watching games when Ernie Banks was the shortstop and Tony Taylor was the second baseman.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Whoa. Just blatant exposure on how very little everyone here knows about everyone else. I'll just put it this way, you can figure out the math....I was at Wrigley Field watching games when Ernie Banks was the shortstop and Tony Taylor was the second baseman.
I said some of you and it goes both ways...lol

My life don't get turned upside down over a cubs lost...

I'll express my disappointment or excitement of a game, player, season, etc..on here or when talking with a buddy about them but that as far as it goes...lol

Seriously, whether it on here or wherever you're at watching , everyone that a die hard fan of a team going to say shit when they play bad or just lose..lol..it natural
Get over it and move on to the next game and happy when they win ..ugggh when they lose..
Next game... etc. Etc etc

Don't mean you don't enjoy the game and stuff.. just a normal reaction of being a fan of a team..

Ok.. thought we moved on from this a while ago..

Go Cubs

By the way.. not as long as you...cub fan since mid 70s..
So, took a little while before I got to see a good cubs team in 84

Til then my highlites were watching Kingman hit homers and great players on other teams [emoji2]