IST: Cubs @ Giants

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He was lucky but come on , loafing to 1st base is exaggerating a bit..

He fast but not that fast, where he can watch for a split second, loaf to first and make it around the bases in 16 seconds...lol

He did what most every hitter does when they think they cranked one out..
He watched as he took a couple steps towards first then started running...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Watch the replay again. He Barry Bonds it. He was ignorant on the field he played on and where he had hit the ball. While it was hit well, it was not well for this park. He showed poor decision making. He got lucky that his speed bailed him out, but in no way should he be let off for what he did.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I am not saying Baez isn't more showboat than he should be. Just saying Castro was the flat out dumbest player baseball-wise I ever saw.

I would not call Castro dumb, distracted is what I would call Castro. I'm not sure what it is with Baez, but it needs to stop.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I would not call Castro dumb, distracted is what I would call Castro. I'm not sure what it is with Baez, but it needs to stop.
It never going to stop because it become what most young players do now in all sports...

Young players today are just following up on what they saw players before them do and the young players after will imitate them with the bat flips finger pointing fist pumps ball watching etc etc..

Only way to stop it or control it is if MLB steps in like the NFL did with the celebrations/taunting, NBA did with tainting, but I doubt that happens..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Watch the replay again. He Barry Bonds it. He was ignorant on the field he played on and where he had hit the ball. While it was hit well, it was not well for this park. He showed poor decision making. He got lucky that his speed bailed him out, but in no way should he be let off for what he did.
https://youtu.be/Bcoafb40VDk

Here the homerun, I watched a few different replays and they all show the same thing..

We see Javy take 2 steps towards first and nothing afterwards, so unless you have a view of him loafing to first...

I would have to guess he started running after that to make it around the bases in 16 seconds..

So, if you wanna criticize him for taking 2 steps towards first to watch over running right away..ok.. but then you need to do so with everyone that does that whether the ball makes it out or not...

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We need Kyle Schwarber back, he is the real number 3 after Bryant and Rizzo and we are playing without him basically all season long

chibears55

Liked Posts:
We need Kyle Schwarber back, he is the real number 3 after Bryant and Rizzo and we are playing without him basically all season long
You get him today against a tough LHer, don't know why ..
Guy struggling all year, sit him against easier LHers this series and start him against one of the tougher ones..

Plus Jay Rizzo and Heyward sits

Zobrist and Avila starts..

Already not liking our chances today, especially since we still don't know what were gonna get from Hendricks.

7e7cedf291f68f99f207e0aab8f755ba.jpg

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It never going to stop because it become what most young players do now in all sports...

Young players today are just following up on what they saw players before them do and the young players after will imitate them with the bat flips finger pointing fist pumps ball watching etc etc..

Only way to stop it or control it is if MLB steps in like the NFL did with the celebrations/taunting, NBA did with tainting, but I doubt that happens..

The NFL stopping celebrations int he end zone is bad for the game.

The environment argument is awful, don't use it. Trout doesn't do it.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
https://youtu.be/Bcoafb40VDk

Here the homerun, I watched a few different replays and they all show the same thing..

We see Javy take 2 steps towards first and nothing afterwards, so unless you have a view of him loafing to first...

I would have to guess he started running after that to make it around the bases in 16 seconds..

So, if you wanna criticize him for taking 2 steps towards first to watch over running right away..ok.. but then you need to do so with everyone that does that whether the ball makes it out or not...

Here's your video. You see him slow out of the box. Then you see him not hitting full speed until he is in his rounding of first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcoafb40VDk&feature=youtu.be

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You get him today against a tough LHer, don't know why ..
Guy struggling all year, sit him against easier LHers this series and start him against one of the tougher ones..

Plus Jay Rizzo and Heyward sits

Zobrist and Avila starts..

Already not liking our chances today, especially since we still don't know what were gonna get from Hendricks.

7e7cedf291f68f99f207e0aab8f755ba.jpg

This is so dumb to play Willson. If you need him to take a day off from behind the plate, then do so. Joe is so wrong when he does this.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The NFL stopping celebrations int he end zone is bad for the game.

The environment argument is awful, don't use it. Trout doesn't do it.
I said most, which is true..
For every trout there a whole bunch that do..

Could also say majority of Latin American players too

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I said most, which is true..
For every trout there a whole bunch that do..

Could also say majority of Latin American players too

take a look at the White Sox. They don't generally speaking.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hard to say on that vid if he was admiring.

Well the avg speed running to 1B is 4.2. So 16 sec is pretty avg over all. If he was show boating then his run time must be above avg

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Although he hasn't given up alot of runs in most these starts but Hendricks has only gone 5 or less in 5 of last 6 starts..

Need to get better from him or Lackey may move ahead of him in (IF they make it )playoff rotation..

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Time for the Cubs offense to come out of their funk!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
So, yeah. The guy carrying this team is hurt.

Can we have the real Kris Bryant back now, please.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, you can bid adieu to Contreras for at least a month. At least football season is starting....

This shit is really getting old.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, you can bid adieu to Contreras for at least a month. At least football season is starting....

This shit is really getting old.

Yeah thank God we can enjoy Mike Glennon :shot: fucking Micheal Jordan, it's his fault i like Chicago..