TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Cubs Win
Brewers win 3.5 GB
Cards Win 6 GB

Magic Number reaches single digit

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I want this win tonight badly. That will allow the team to only really have to split in Milwaukee and then go into St. Louis with a magic number of 3 (or 2 if Pittsburgh can actually win tonight) with 7 to play. In other words I'll feel pretty good if they can go out and beat Blake Snell. Expect a heavy RH lineup tonight.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I want this win tonight badly. That will allow the team to only really have to split in Milwaukee and then go into St. Louis with a magic number of 3 (or 2 if Pittsburgh can actually win tonight) with 7 to play. In other words I'll feel pretty good if they can go out and beat Blake Snell. Expect a heavy RH lineup tonight.

Same here. Milwaukee is on fucking fire, and it looks like their sweep may have possibly woke up the Cubs. Getting healthier doesn't hurt either.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Whew.. thanks Pirates

Cubs Lose
Brewers Lose 3.5 GB
Cardinals win 5 GB

Magic Number 8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And now we go to Wisconsin

TL1961

Liked Posts:
One nice thing about that magic number: On a night we played poorly, it still went down!

I would really love to grab the first one in milwaukee to ease any jitters. Then the second, and third....

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm calling it, this all ends Sunday

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs start a 4 game series at Brewers tonight..

Cardinals finish with Reds tonight then at Pirates over weekend...

Big weekend, let finish these teams off

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Getting Closer......

Cubs Win
Brewers Lose 4.5 GB
Cards win 5 GB

Magic Number 6

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Almost There.....

Cubs Win
Cardinals win 5 GB
Brewers Lose 5.5 GB

Magic Number 5

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Winning the first two games makes this weekend a bit anticlimactic.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Wasnt all bad today

Cubs lose
Brewers win 4.5 GB
Cardinals lose 5 GB

Magic Number 4

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Their in the room

Cubs win
Brewers lose 5.5 GB
Cards lose 6 GB

Magic Number 2

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Cards are smart they will tank tomorrow so the Cubs eliminate them. After that there is no reason for the Cubs to go balls to the wall so the Cardinals might see some secondary pitching to rest the pitching staff. They could take the next three and then battle it out with Milwaukee to overtake the Rockies, who I think are about to blow their season.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Cards are smart they will tank tomorrow so the Cubs eliminate them. After that there is no reason for the Cubs to go balls to the wall so the Cardinals might see some secondary pitching to rest the pitching staff. They could take the next three and then battle it out with Milwaukee to overtake the Rockies, who I think are about to blow their season.

Even if the Cubs win tomorrow, they only drop the Cards out of the NL Central Race. They don’t lock up the Central.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even if the Cubs win tomorrow, they only drop the Cards out of the NL Central Race. They don’t lock up the Central.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but it puts the magic number at one. The Cards really don't have a hope that they will somehow be able to pull out the division. I suppose it could be possible if they win all four games and then the Cubs only win one of the last three while the Cards run the rest of the table against the Brewers. I suppose seven in a row is possible but it would be difficult at best, especially with the Brewers also trying to run the table. Either way if the Cubs win two out of their next seven they have the division. The Cardinal's only hope is that they lose one game out of four to the Cubs while the Brewers lose a couple to the Reds and Colorado keeps playing lousy baseball. It isn't statistically impossible for them to do it but it would be very difficult. The Cubs will probably take one of the four games to knock them out. That would leave the Brewers having to run the table completely, with three of the games against St. Louis.

The Rockies face the Marlins and the Dodgers, both teams capable of taking the series from Colorado, especially the way the Rockies are playing. If the Cubs take the first game and then rest staff for the next three it is conceivable that the Cardinals take those three, maybe the Brewers take two out of three from the Reds and then the fight will be between the two of them for second place in the NL Central. Milwaukee would have to win two more games (St. Louis 3) than the Rockies to tie the division but Colorado's last three are against the Dodgers. This could make for some exciting baseball at the end of the season.

I just can't see the Cubs not winning at least two more games out of the last seven or one of the other teams managing to run the table completely to take this from Chicago. The only way the Cards could take the title is for them to win four against Chicago and two against Milwaukee while the Cubs win one or less against the Reds. The Cards haven't shown that they can do this. Milwaukee has to pretty much win out and then hope Chicago can't win more than one game or lose one and hope Chicago completely tanks for seven games. I don't see either event happening.

I guess anything is possible but it isn't likely. The only hope the Brewers and Cardinals have is overtaking Colorado at this point.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:

If the Cards try to win, and they do, the same still holds true the next day. And the next....
MIt makes no sense whatsoever for them to allow the Cubs a win.

Not that they are good at preventing it from happening. ?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs at Cards for 4
Brewers home against Reds

Split with cards or 1 win and Brewers lost will wrap up the central and another division title..

Enjoy the week