Hroniss Grasu raised from the dead

Washington

Liked Posts:
Before I'm ready to anoint Grasu the starting C role over Whitehair, who was amazing there last year, I need to see Grasu play against some #1s. It is hard not to remember how he struggled against stronger players his rookie year. I believe he's stronger now, but I'd have to see it. Constantly moving people all over the line is not good for continuity/chemistry.

I must add that Grasu's play on Thu was better than I expected to see and had to be a huge confidence boost for him.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Best case for our online long term is for Grassu to bear out Whitehair, move Whitehair to Guard, and then Long to Left Tackle. Long will need time so do it this offseason, but we need to put him where he's got the biggest impact on the game.

Reactions: 1ke

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best case for our online long term is for Grassu to bear out Whitehair, move Whitehair to Guard, and then Long to Left Tackle. Long will need time so do it this offseason, but we need to put him where he's got the biggest impact on the game.

??? Long already failed at tackle & Whitehair was a successful center last year. How would moving Whitehair to guard & Long to tackle strengthen the Bears OLine? Grassu gives the Bears depth that's all a backup center.

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
??? Long already failed at tackle & Whitehair was a successful center last year. How would moving Whitehair to guard & Long to tackle strengthen the Bears OLine? Grassu gives the Bears depth that's all a backup center.

We also need to accept the fact that Long is developing something of an injury history... Since we have depth at G, losing him at G is sustainable. But if we were to count on him at T, I think we would have a huge hole if he went down.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It's more of a 2nd chance in your mind, you're judging him, basicly saying he's done from his poor play as a rookie.

He played poorly in 15, and he played only acceptable, in the second half of a preseason game. Again if you watch the game he was pushed around on a couple of plays, and we all know that the quality of opponent in the second half of a preseason game is.

He still has done jack to prove he deserves a spot on the team.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This season much like the rest of the spots on this team are for building for the future.

Grassu being decent is obviously only good news. And it will time out nicely with Fox getting fired and Sitton getting old.

When the team is good, the line should look something like this......

LT - - - Whitehair - - - Grassu - - - Long - - - RT

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

IT is bullshit that Long failed at Tackle. He spent most of his time trying to help the weak ninnies on the offensive line that he had to work with. Plus, because of the stupidity of his coaching staff he got to play right tackle without one rep in pre-season. Long's problem has been the idiocy of the coaching staff for their moving him all around the line because of the weaknesses of that line. That is on them, including Pace and Fox.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Im pretty sure the bears best oline is still
Leno-Sitton/long-whitehair-long/sitton-2nd half massie.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
This season much like the rest of the spots on this team are for building for the future.

Grassu being decent is obviously only good news. And it will time out nicely with Fox getting fired and Sitton getting old.

When the team is good, the line should look something like this......

LT - - - Whitehair - - - Grassu - - - Long - - - RT

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I think we're away off from being able to pencil Grasu in to any long term plans.

Kyle Long is 30 next season and has been hurt a lot recently. I know that he didn't play a lot of football prior to the NFL and that he's a genetic freak but these things take their toll.

I'm actually not that high on the offensive line both in the short term and going forward. When you look at it what do we actually have?

- a decent LT in a contract year - big season ahead for Leno and being realistic it could go either way.
- two good but ageing and increasingly injury-prone guards in Leno and Sitton.
- I liked Kush a lot so that's a big loss for me - hope he comes back. Morgan is intriguing but so was Fabuluje.
- a good C/G that had an outstanding rookie season.
- a potentially decent back up C that can't play any other position and hasn't proven anything on the field.
- Massie at RT with little depth behind him - here's hoping he continues to improve.

It's obvious we'll need to continue investing in the tackle positions, possibly with a high pick in the next draft. I like that Pace continues to spend draft capital on the line even if his record is patchy so far.

It's not a bad unit by any means but it's not a strength either.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I go back too far, I liked what Boggs did at center, being the Kruetz guy of always being downfield to extend a hand to his running back. He lost his spot to Grasu, so I even though Grasu did well, Boggs did too.

Right now they are moving Long to the left side to protect his shoulder. Great player, great lineage, but I dont know if he can remain healthy enough to not need two extra guards. Its already looking like they will need to keep an extra running back here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That didn't stop some of our posters from calling him a wasted pick, too small, a bust, and so on. Just shows that most of us know very little.

Well the smart ones on here already knew that...lol

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He played poorly in 15, and he played only acceptable, in the second half of a preseason game. Again if you watch the game he was pushed around on a couple of plays, and we all know that the quality of opponent in the second half of a preseason game is.

He still has done jack to prove he deserves a spot on the team.

This is quite funny. How much do Fox and Pace pay you for talent evaluations.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Our interior Oline is pretty strong but our tackles not so much. I'm willing to bet that will be a focal point next offseason

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I have been saying this since the beginning. He was a 2-time All-American for a reason. He was drafted in the third for a reason, and Pace wasn't out to lunch on his evaluation. Grasu was looking very good before the SF turf took him down, and he looked pretty good in the game against the Broncos. If he comes all the way back from the injury then it would definitely be in our best interest to have him starting at C and Whitehair starting at G. Maybe that doesn't happen this year but next year Sitton is likely gone.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
I have been saying this since the beginning. He was a 2-time All-American for a reason. He was drafted in the third for a reason, and Pace wasn't out to lunch on his evaluation. Grasu was looking very good before the SF turf took him down, and he looked pretty good in the game against the Broncos. If he comes all the way back from the injury then it would definitely be in our best interest to have him starting at C and Whitehair starting at G. Maybe that doesn't happen this year but next year Sitton is likely gone.

pretty much this....long term, our interior should be whitehair/grasu/long. they'll let the tackles play themselves into new contracts or replace them via draft.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kyle was not good at RT but with more seasoning may actually be better at LT. He's a lefty and would do better with the outside rush on the L but not this year with that ankle and shoulder.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
why are people ready to start Grasu....he basically sucked when he played in actual games that counted....he may eventually make it, but before Kush got injured he was a bubble guy....