Hroniss Grasu raised from the dead

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Raised from the dead only to have Long kill him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
why are people ready to start Grasu....he basically sucked when he played in actual games that counted....he may eventually make it, but before Kush got injured he was a bubble guy....

Fan prescribed wishful thinking.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Another botched snap and he will be starting center.

It makes sense to move Long to LG for injury, but I do wonder if they aren't interested in Sitton moving to RG and getting comfortable because of the versatility it opens. Whitehair is best as a LG, thats what he was drafted to play.

If Grasu slid into center, that puts Long to RT in competition with Massie, may the best man win.

Probably not something we will see unless injury, for now I like the beef block, get the big hogs in all over 320 except Leno.

He's an absolute must keep. Sitton isn't getting any younger though clearly still a good player. Long spends far too much time injured for my liking. If Grasu keeps improving we have much better flexibility due to Whitehair's ability to play either position. Personally I'm really pleased for him.

Hopefully Morgan turns it another solid Pace draft pick and we could be looking at a Whitehair, Grasu, Long,Morgan inside 3 eventually.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Grasu is the prince that was promised. He is defeating Whitehair mentally, causing him to lose confidence in his snap and eventually force him to bend the knee at LG. Then use three dragons to burn Kyle Long and his twitterarmy so hard he'll have no choice but to go into hiding.

Reactions: DC

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yes he did. And when he did, he showed us he sucks.

Well, 2015 he was grossly undersized. He hasn't shown us that he can be overpowered so effortlessly with the added weight. I don't have high hopes for him, but we don't really have the depth to release him just yet.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Well, if they are seriously thinking of moving Whitehair out of center and starting Grasu there, it better happen this week so they can assess Grasu against #1s and give Whitehair time to get used to his new position. It sure seems like this coaching staff moves guys around the OL nilly willy more than I am used to seeing. I know Grasu is a one trick pony on the OL. Thank goodness Whitehair is a better athlete. I still feel that moving Whitehair out of Center is a mistake.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
KEEP WHITEHAIR AT CENTER.

Why when someone looks phenomenal at a position does Meatard nation what so desperately to see them moved?

Also, playing LT at KSU and in the NFL is two ENTIRELY different things.

I don't know if i've seen definitive evidence that Grasu will never be a quality starter in the NFL, but what I have seen has been HIGHLY suggestive that he just doesn't have the physical makeup to dominate in the trenches. Could he be workable with his added muscle with Larry Allen and Gene Upshaw flanking him, sure. Do I think we have those type of guards or need to move an already very good, young C to test that....no.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Hard work paying off good job Grasu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to see the kid come on this year. It would allow the Bears to slide Whitehair back to Guard (his natural position) if Sitton leaves in two years or to slide Whitehair over if Long struggles with his recovery from the ankle surgery or the labrum becomes an issue. However, it may be a tough pill to swallow to see Whitehair moved out of the center position after the job he did last year. The only problem I have with Grasu is that he was projected to only be a center coming out of college. I would really like to see the Bears get him some reps at guard as well to see if he can do it as he will most likely be a back up this year. He was serviceable as a rookie when thrown into the fire and was looking quite improved last preseason before that freak injury. Whitehair has way more talent but also has the ability to play several positions well on the O-line. The more beef block the better.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Not sure why everyone is hating on Grasu. It's not like he would be the first rookie to ever get better after 2 years of professional strength and conditioning. Having multiple, good offensive linemen and trying to figure out where to put them is probably the best problem to have, outside of 2 good QB's.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Hope this guy is serviceable this year. It would be nice to get some return from Pace's first draft.

With White Injured, Goldman injured, Grasu injured, Langford Injured and ineffective, Amos ineffective, and Who the hell is Fabuluje

I would love to see someone from that class turn the corner into a consistent productive piece of our team. The best bet is for Goldman and Grasu, I am not holding my breath for White anymore.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He looked good on Thursday night.

He really did. He looked like he could handle backups without issue.

Would like to see him get a little run with the 1s. Maybe pull Sitton a series earlier than everyon.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hope this guy is serviceable this year. It would be nice to get some return from Pace's first draft.

With White Injured, Goldman injured, Grasu injured, Langford Injured and ineffective, Amos ineffective, and Who the hell is Fabuluje

I would love to see someone from that class turn the corner into a consistent productive piece of our team. The best bet is for Goldman and Grasu, I am not holding my breath for White anymore.

Cam Meredith
Bryce Callahan

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure why everyone is hating on Grasu. It's not like he would be the first rookie to ever get better after 2 years of professional strength and conditioning. Having multiple, good offensive linemen and trying to figure out where to put them is probably the best problem to have, outside of 2 good QB's.

This is true. OL is a depth position. You will play backups at some point in a season because of injury.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Cam Meredith
Bryce Callahan

Yea, I am happy we have found some UDFA's that are sticking. That is an important talent as a GM to find guys like that. I just wish we were seeing more from the 1st draft overall. Honestly other than Goldman there hasn't been much to cheer about.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would love to see the kid come on this year. It would allow the Bears to slide Whitehair back to Guard (his natural position) if Sitton leaves in two years or to slide Whitehair over if Long struggles with his recovery from the ankle surgery or the labrum becomes an issue. However, it may be a tough pill to swallow to see Whitehair moved out of the center position after the job he did last year. The only problem I have with Grasu is that he was projected to only be a center coming out of college. I would really like to see the Bears get him some reps at guard as well to see if he can do it as he will most likely be a back up this year. He was serviceable as a rookie when thrown into the fire and was looking quite improved last preseason before that freak injury. Whitehair has way more talent but also has the ability to play several positions well on the O-line. The more beef block the better.

They should have left Long at right tackle and if they had done that, have Whitehair play left tackle which he did in college and did well.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's an absolute must keep. Sitton isn't getting any younger though clearly still a good player. Long spends far too much time injured for my liking. If Grasu keeps improving we have much better flexibility due to Whitehair's ability to play either position. Personally I'm really pleased for him.

Hopefully Morgan turns it another solid Pace draft pick and we could be looking at a Whitehair, Grasu, Long,Morgan inside 3 eventually.

How quickly some of you dismiss Long. He made three pro bowls and has gotten fucked three times by asinine coaching staffs in a short career. It is amazing to me how fickle a lot of Bear's fans are and how naive they are about what makes up a good football player. Long has heart and speaks his mind. So did Marshall, Forte, and Jeffrey. Play with heart and speak your mind and you are shit canned. So some of you want to shit can Long because his ankle got hurt as well as his shoulder. Guess what, perhaps those injuries might have not happened if the assholes in Chicago had actually put some other good players around him.

So we have two shit offensive tackles and a good inner core assuming Long can play(at another new position no less). So when Leno or Massie miss their blocks and the guard or center and tight end have to cover for them, who do you blame for the loss? Your naivete is profound.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is true. OL is a depth position. You will play backups at some point in a season because of injury.

I gotta say that the two second team offensive tackles play very well against Denver.