Hroniss Grasu raised from the dead

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hroniss Grasu was a dead man walking at the start of training camp. He looked destined to be cut by the end of preseason. However after his respectable preseason game 1 performance, combined with the Kush injury. It looks like Grasu is on solid ground now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He never has got a real chance to show what he can do for us with him always being injured.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another botched snap and he will be starting center.

It makes sense to move Long to LG for injury, but I do wonder if they aren't interested in Sitton moving to RG and getting comfortable because of the versatility it opens. Whitehair is best as a LG, thats what he was drafted to play.

If Grasu slid into center, that puts Long to RT in competition with Massie, may the best man win.

Probably not something we will see unless injury, for now I like the beef block, get the big hogs in all over 320 except Leno.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It makes sense to move Long to LG for injury, but I do wonder if they aren't interested in Sitton moving to RG and getting comfortable because of the versatility it opens. Whitehair is best as a LG, thats what he was drafted to play.

If Grasu slid into center, that puts Long to RT in competition with Massie, may the best man win.

Probably not something we will see unless injury, for now I like the beef block, get the big hogs in all over 320 except Leno.

Put the bong down.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Hroniss Grasu was a dead man walking at the start training camp. He looked destined to be cut at the end of camp. However after his respectable preseason game performance, combined with the Kush injury. It looks like Grasu is on solid ground now.

Umhhh, he may have been a dead man walking with some of the posters here, but realistically he was (and still is...) a fairly high draft choice that was projected to take a couple of years to develop and has been hurt instead. The thought that the Bears would cut him simply because Whitehair had a terrific rookie year at C is just plain dumb. Grasu's still on his rookie contract. Absolutely no reason the Bears wouldn't keep him if he's healthy.

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
I am not so honed on my oline expertise but what about whitehair at RT, he played LT I believe at KSU his last 2 years

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umhhh, he may have been a dead man walking with some of the posters here, but realistically he was (and still is...) a fairly high draft choice that was projected to take a couple of years to develop and has been hurt instead. The thought that the Bears would cut him simply because Whitehair had a terrific rookie year at C is just plain dumb. Grasu's still on his rookie contract. Absolutely no reason the Bears wouldn't keep him if he's healthy.

He could have been cut for poor performance. He did not look very good before he was injured. So coming off of injury & playing poorly in his 3rd year could get him cut. Not sure why you think that's not possible. Players have been cut while under thier rookie contract before. But with a better performance & a hit to the depth chart things look brighter for him.

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:

Move a star guard to Tackle where he's struggled and bench an elite center? okayyyy

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He could have been cut for poor performance. He did not look very good before he was injured. So coming off of injury & playing poorly in his 3rd year could get him cut. Not sure why you think that's not possible. Players have been cut while under there rookie contract before. But with a better performance & a hit to the depth chart things look brighter for him.

Judging him on his rookie performance isn't a reasonable body of work to go on.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Leno-Sitton-Grasu-Whitehair-Massie

Get Long healthy.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It'd be nice if he could stay healthy long enough to truly assess what he brings to the table. At worst, having depth along the interior isn't the worst thing in the world.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was a guy that played center a few years for the Bears at 290 and made the Pro Bowl more than once. He was not real good his rookie year.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm still not sold, there was a couple of plays that he got pushed around.

Kush getting hurt forces us to give him a second chance.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still not sold, there was a couple of plays that he got pushed around.

Kush getting hurt forces us to give him a second chance.

It's more of a 2nd chance in your mind, you're judging him, basicly saying he's done from his poor play as a rookie.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Best OL the Bears probably have is...

Leno-Sitton-Grasu-Long-Whitehair

I'd even wager that Whitehair should be the LT and Leno the RT.

Long needs to stick at guard. It's not like he is a pup anymore, and Bears can't waste time trying him at tackle again.