Bears claim Aguayo

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is the land of great kickers bros butler gould..many many more the history and kicking culture will be sure to help this kid turn it around

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
It seems like Aguayo's biggest problem was mental. His college career shows that he has all the physical capabilities to be a successful kicker.

Here's to hoping a change of scenery will do the kid well.

Maybe, but some think otherwise.

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/teams-nfl/nfc-south/tampa-bay-buccaneers/2017/03/01/robert-aguayo-self-scouting/

“As opposed to many right-footed kickers, who tend to struggle from the right hash and miss off the right upright due to lagging hips, Aguayo’s move is so aggressive and confident that he has the opposite problem. Many of his misses are outside the left upright due to improper timing of his skip-step and too much hip clearance, as it brings him too far in this direction too quickly…"

Muscle memory can be a hell of a thing to try to overcome.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
I don't know, we need a kicker but even if he improves I wouldn't trust him in a high pressure playoff situation. He's gone so mental that he can't even make an extra point anymore.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Sometimes there is a reason you got let go I don't see why the bears are kicking the tires here. They had a good young kicker and they let him go for this ? Just not a good move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes there is a reason you got let go I don't see why the bears are kicking the tires here. They had a good young kicker and they let him go for this ? Just not a good move

Ya, its amazing how they let the better kicker go. Its especially amazing how people on a message board know that said released kicker was the better one of the two. Not like the coaches have inside info or anything. Dumb bastards.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Ya, its amazing how they let the better kicker go. Its especially amazing how people on a message board know that said released kicker was the better one of the two. Not like the coaches have inside info or anything. Dumb bastards.

Oh I am sure there is a reason but us dumb bastards don't give a shit

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
FYI. I was jikingly calling the coaches the dumb bastards.

Yeah I know however if this guy turns out to be the out next kicker.... I am good being a dumb bastard lol

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

A guy (unproven) that didn't last a week is a good young kicker?

:aj:

KCCO

Liked Posts:
SUPER move by our SUPER Bears to get us to the SUPERBOWL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
a leg less man is better then Barth. The Aguayo era begins today lmao

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Take the "A" and replace it with "C"
Take the "G" and replace it with "U"
Take the "U" and replace it with "T"
Take the "A" and replace it with "L"
Take the "Y" and replace it with "E"
Take the "O" and replace it with "R"

Coincidence?

tfh-018.jpg

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aguayo could come here and not have the pressure of being a 2nd rnd pick, clear his mind and kick like he did in college. :bearbang:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are you sure that they'll have to pay his remaining salary?? I don't know for sure but thought the Bucs have to pay the rest of it.

Of course they do. He's not free or guys would all be claimed by the Browns and re-released. Bucs are responsible for any original signing bonus but we assume his salary unless he clears waivers.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I can't say I've noticed the Buc's kicker ever but can he really be any worse than Barth? So we have another Barth for a year. Just pretend it's Barth missing kicks any other kicker would make, except Aguayo.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe, but some think otherwise.

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/teams-nfl/nfc-south/tampa-bay-buccaneers/2017/03/01/robert-aguayo-self-scouting/

“As opposed to many right-footed kickers, who tend to struggle from the right hash and miss off the right upright due to lagging hips, Aguayo’s move is so aggressive and confident that he has the opposite problem. Many of his misses are outside the left upright due to improper timing of his skip-step and too much hip clearance, as it brings him too far in this direction too quickly…"

Muscle memory can be a hell of a thing to try to overcome.

Amateurs fight a fade. Pros fight the draw.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Aguayo could come here and not have the pressure of being a 2nd rnd pick, clear his mind and kick like he did in college. :bearbang:

Just the Bear's history of kickers being their leading scorer and having a #2 pick QB to outscore. On a field known for its unpredictable winds. No pressure.

Maybe they figure the wind will blow his kicks in since he misses to the wrong side.