Glennon, yall are quick with the picthforks

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
The pick 6 was very bad, no doubt. The bad snap wasn't his fault. Other than those 2 plays it was an inexperienced QB struggling against a top 5 NFL defense.

I want Biscuit too, but willing to let it play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Glennon ridiculous contract made us miss out on good players. If it wasn't for drafting trubisky you would be looking at a team with a shit direction. Pitchforks now? Anyone with half a brain laughed at that contract day one

And anyone with a full brain figured out that contract created a perfect smoke screen and fooled the entire league into thinking the Bears where not going QB high in the draft.
Seriously this point has been brought up over and over by posters. People still complaining about his contract or the signing in general sound like morons

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I wonder about that too. I see people wanting Trub to start and expecting no rookie mistakes that even the great ones had their first seasons.

Exactly. Trubisky played half a preseason game, he did well in that half a preseason game, he showed qualities that typically only good qbs show. But it was half a preseason game. People are acting as if he did something spectacular. Be excited about what he showed, but don't act as if he's guaranteed to be good now. Let's just wait and see and let him get oh, I don't know, a season or two under his belt before we act as if we know what he might become.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
He better light it up in the next preseason game

the last thing Bears fans wanted to see after a decade of Cutler was a pick 6 on the first possession

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
When Cutler is your QB, you start to think anyone is an upgrade. Pace was looking for a higher floor with the Glennon signing. He just wanted someone who could stay healthy, dump off a few passes, and make less mistakes..basically manage the offense and win low scoring games. Plus, signing Glennon set up things nicely to sneak in and snag Trubisky.. If the Browns got the inkling we would sign him they would have made their move.

In the end..no regrets with the signing, but Glennon needs to step aside if he isn't as good. I think it is obvious though to everyone who is currently a better player...

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
When Cutler is your QB, you start to think anyone is an upgrade. Pace was looking for a higher floor with the Glennon signing. He just wanted someone who could stay healthy, dump off a few passes, and make less mistakes..basically manage the offense and win low scoring games. Plus, signing Glennon set up things nicely to sneak in and snag Trubisky.. If the Browns got the inkling we would sign him they would have made their move.

In the end..no regrets with the signing, but Glennon needs to step aside if he isn't as good. I think it is obvious though to everyone who is currently a better player...

Glennon is not better than Cutler. People really exaggerate on Cutler here.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/09/stephon-gilmore-disappointed-deal-wasnt-reached-with-bears/

Gilmore wanted to come here. Pace foolishly made it rain on giraffe instead

Holy shit...

What did you expect him to say? It's in his best interest to have a bidding war. Of course he wanted the Bears to bid more, it's more money in his pocket.

Did you expect him to say, hey Bears, don't bother offering more money, I'm cool with what I've got offered now?

Even IF he actually wanted to play here, Glennon's contract had dick to do with the Bears not upping their offer.

It's like numbers are a foreign language to you.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Hard not to subscribe to mob mentality when their vet QB played like Cade McNown and their rookie played like a vet. The former's throwing mechanics were outright atrocious.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Glennon is not better than Cutler. People really exaggerate on Cutler here.

Overall, yes, but here is the thing. On a good day Cutler is better than Mike Glennon on his good day, but also, Cutler's bad day far exceed Glennon's. Glennon may get 1 TD, 1 interception each game and Cutler 4 YRs one game and then 4 interceptions the next. The staff knew what they were going to get with Glennon: mediocre consistency, Health, and possibly untapped upside.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We missed out on Gilmore for one over $500000. Go back to the threads around FA period we ended up with bums on one year deals cause pace couldn't seal the deal with any of his top targets except giraffe

You know what would be cool?? If you could give us any facts on any of that but you can't cause all you can come up with is tweets or articles from media people which we all know in no way are facts.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The pick 6 was very bad, no doubt. The bad snap wasn't his fault. Other than those 2 plays it was an inexperienced QB struggling against a top 5 NFL defense.

I want Biscuit too, but willing to let it play out.

So i'm not sure this was ever said on here but supposedly one of our WR's ran the wrong route on that pick 6 and if he would of ran the right route C.Harris (the CB that had the pick 6) would of never been in that area of the field.....not trying to say it still wasn't a bad pass and just relaying what was said about that.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get it, Trubisky looked good. Great. Outstanding! He's the future and I can't wait.

BUT,

Glennon was targeted by Pace this off-season, you know the same guy who evaluated Trubisky. If he's been looking at Glennon and saying he has skills then I'm willing to give him more than a few series in one preseason game before declaring he's garbage. There's multiple preseason games for a reason just as there's a reason Glennons contract only guaranteed 18.5 million....

So sit back and enjoy the fact that the only thing preseason games count for is evaluating players and hopefully Glennon will show us exactly what Pace saw in him. A serviceable veteran and a promising Rookie would be great for this team to build on.
Glennon when Mitch threw the TD to Cruz.

8913927918ca050cc40e808951bdaefe.jpeg

Why the long face?

Reactions: Myk

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Glennon? Trubisky? Umm, I think you guys are forgetting who really should be the starter: Markus Julio Sanchez!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
In the least Glennon will be good for jokes.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If it doesn't work out at qb gelnnon could be a secret weapon blocking fg and pat as well as knocking down hail Mary's at the end of games