***OFFICIAL*** Kyle Long roster bubble thread (igt)

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last time I watched his stream he was into Playerunknown's Battlegrounds. Game is pretty lit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would hope not. Dr's have got much better about making people wait for hours. I'm saying the drive to and from the appointment can take some time and you have to plan for that so show up early if you don't run into traffic. Is he too famous for traffic too?

Hey, they are in Chicago and Long is a Republican. It was the evil Rahm deadfish Emmauel who orchestrated the huge traffic jam to keep him from getting to his appointment, hoping that his foot would gangrene and then blame Trump for a failure to give him enough money to fix all of Chicago's traffic problems.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
First, I did not say that you mentioned cutting Long, I stated "people." That comment was directed at those individuals who did state that.

Second, injury's happen and are extremely difficult to avoid as again they are playing football and not duck, duck, goose. If you somehow know how football players can completely avoid getting injured, you could make millions, if not billions.

Third, Long did in fact have surgery in the offseason, on his ankle. He was also planning to have surgery on his shoulder until he had an adverse reaction to the medication he was prescribed per his father Howie (you know the hall of famer and current NFL analyst) in the Tribune. The Tribune is also quoted as saying "It's possible Long will have the shoulder repaired next offseason, but other players have played numerous seasons with torn labrums. Right now, his focus is on getting the ankle back to 100 percent, and that will be an extended process." So do you want to tell me again how he is refusing to have surgery?

Fourth, as of July 28th Kyle long was cleared to practice and was in fact doing so as one of his fights was in the huddle. Tough to practice against guys in full pads while in street clothes. Just because he was in street clothes for the first preseason game does not mean he is not practicing and in fact they expect him to start week one.

Fifth, a quick google search will find the following "Because the labrum has a rich supply of blood, some labral tears heal on their own. For some types of labral tears, physical therapy may be helpful. This is especially the case if the tear is associated with impingement where the rotator cuff rubs on the labrum." Per the Sun Times "Long, who had an arduous recovery from the surgery, decided against having an operation of his left labrum, which was torn early last season. He said his shoulder used to pop out of joint but that his body healed itself."

Sixth, the Kruetz comparison was simply based on the aggressive alpha personality and obviously not toward anything else.

In conclusion, the inability of some of this fan base (this time I am directing it at you) to know and understand the facts before they share their opinion on this board is what is truly mind-blowing.

This is one of the worst posts I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

When Long misses time with yet another injury, or (even worse) plays inadequately through an injury, what will you say? Quote more fluff pieces from years prior?

The fans lose. The baers lose. Kyles twitter feed wins. This is A okay with baers fans. Quite the self loathing group.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Welcome back.

Thanks. San Diego was a blast. Unfortunately, I forgot I traded in my s6 active for a non waterproof version, and tried to take it snorkeling so I could snap some quality dolphinpunch selfies. I just picked up a new phone this afternoon, so we are back in business.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The board isn't the same without the Novak.

Haven't heard the word dorkchop lately

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
All joking and grudges against Long aside, anyone have an opinion on how Long the team can rely on Long and Sitton(with age and injuries under consideration?)

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
The board isn't the same without the Novak.

Haven't heard the word dorkchop lately

I used "Dorkchop" at work and totally claimed it as my own. Sorry, Novak, it's just too awesome.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
All joking and grudges against Long aside, anyone have an opinion on how Long the team can rely on Long and Sitton(with age and injuries under consideration?)

Long needs to show he can comeback at 100% from these injuries.....If he can't we are in trouble at the guard position. My guess is Pace will be looking at getting another guard after cuts.

Grasu is not good enough at the center position to reliably play it week in and week out.

Long is 28 so if he can come back at 100% then hes got another 5 years

Sitton is 31 so another couple years I guess for him

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey, they are in Chicago and Long is a Republican. It was the evil Rahm deadfish Emmauel who orchestrated the huge traffic jam to keep him from getting to his appointment, hoping that his foot would gangrene and then blame Trump for a failure to give him enough money to fix all of Chicago's traffic problems.

Hey, wouldn't impeaching Trump be like taking the reins away from Putin?
[video=youtube;y3z841UJiVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3z841UJiVk[/video]

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
Long needs to show he can comeback at 100% from these injuries.....If he can't we are in trouble at the guard position. My guess is Pace will be looking at getting another guard after cuts.

Grasu is not good enough at the center position to reliably play it week in and week out.

Long is 28 so if he can come back at 100% then hes got another 5 years

Sitton is 31 so another couple years I guess for him
I agree that Long will need to be 100% before returning but I thought that Grasu looked ok in the first two preseason games. He seems to have fully recovered from his injury last season. If you have him at center, Whitehair & Sitton at guard until Long is fully healthy, that seems like a pretty strong interior line to me. Although I will say the depth worries me.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

dawags

Liked Posts:
I've re-watched games specifically watching Grasu and I'm just not seeing the same things many of you are. He' s fine pulling or on pass rush with guard help but one on one he's often pushed 5 yards or more into the backfield and knocked on his butt a couple times. He reminds me of the latter years of Kreutz with no push and I worry about our goal line and short yardage running game with him at center. I would rather see Pace pick up a beef block veteran guard off the waiver wire at cut time if Long isn't at least 90%.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if Long never plays another snap for the Bears.

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've re-watched games specifically watching Grasu and I'm just not seeing the same things many of you are. He' s fine pulling or on pass rush with guard help but one on one he's often pushed 5 yards or more into the backfield and knocked on his butt a couple times. He reminds me of the latter years of Kreutz with no push and I worry about our goal line and short yardage running game with him at center. I would rather see Pace pick up a beef block veteran guard off the waiver wire at cut time if Long isn't at least 90%.
After you posted this I went back and rewatched myself.

I did see him get beat twice on the first drive. Once when the defender grab hold of him and used him as leverage to make a tackle on the second offensive play. Then on the fourth play of the first drive, he dosen't get out to block for the screen pass fast enough.

With 5:59 left in the second quarter he doesn't get out to the second level quick enough to get a block on the linebacker Scooby Wright. At the 3:54 mark he doesn't see the DE come back though the middle because he is engaged helping Whitehair with the DT.

So for bad plays in the entire first half last week. The first one was the only truly bad play. The other three can be excused away as inexperiance, lack of playing time, youth, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if Long never plays another snap for the Bears.

Overreach. Don't be a dum fuke cuk, clarence. Even though I know you're facetiously trolling this thread not too dissimilar to how a package handler would troll his fugly supervisor by pretending to agree with his every word so that the sup doesnt realize that min wage dorkchop is chiefing doobies back by the box compactor.

Long will play at some point this season, and probably suck and get injured again (based on the historical precedent he's set) then be traded or cut after this season. And the baers will undoubtedly be better for it.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Overreach. Don't be a dum fuke cuk, clarence. Even though I know you're facetiously trolling this thread not too dissimilar to how a package handler would troll his fugly supervisor by pretending to agree with his every word so that the sup doesnt realize that min wage dorkchop is chiefing doobies back by the box compactor.

Long will play at some point this season, and probably suck and get injured again (based on the historical precedent he's set) then be traded or cut after this season. And the baers will undoubtedly be better for it.

giphy.gif

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
delivers-jpg.30063