He did well against scrubs....

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
With all due respect Bigtime D, he was put in for a two minute drill just before the half and did a fantastic job of marching his team down the field. He did not have the number one offence to work with either, so this should also be taken into consideration and duely noted as well. He did well with rollouts easily throwing incredibly accuratley with ease, as many sports analysts have written and talked about on radio programs. Also on tv.

Secondly: composure. I kind of made fun of someone the other day for saying that Deshawn Watson had the composure of Tom Brady, against scrubs of course right? Well that all being said Mitch Trubinsky had both Tom Brady's composure moreso than Watson in his debut, but also had that ability to extend a play with his feet and throwing on the run of an Aaron Rodgers, which no one wants to actually say, but he had it. Against scrubs is fine I guess, but if you have those abilities and talents and pure athleticism you had better look like that against scrubs! And he did, which I believe, and I think a lot of fans and legitimate analysts will agree in their belief, that he can look like that against starters, especially surrounded by his own starters on offence!

It's TRUBISKY!! TRUBISKY.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I know I'm in the definite minority here... not being a 'Ra Ra for Trubisky' type.

I've been around these boards for many pre-season games... and in many of those games we've seen players who played very well vs. 3rd stringers and other players who won't be collecting paychecks on any given Sunday. And we're always reminded of the fact that they performed well vs. inferior talent... not the starters. The real test never comes until they can face the regular season players.

What made Trubisky's first outing any different than recent QBs like Garoppolo and Clausen, seeing that their performances in their first games were not to dis-similar?

It's simple really, his accuracy. All the throws he made were accurate in such a way that they would have been complete against any level of competition. The throws were such that no one else would have caught the ball or made a play on the ball but the receivers.

He made Deonte Thompson look like a freaking stud. He elevated the play of those around him. This wasn't Kyle Orton Caleb Jamie or a David Fales debut, this was pure dominance and confidence.

For one game Trubisky looked every bit as good as Aaron Rodgers. He exceeded expectations in a big way. Now he just has to go out and do it consistently game in and game out with more plays and game planning added into the equation.

He looked fantastic, now we look for replication.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
The OP is still butt hurt we didn't draft Adams who he wanted. He might be butt hurt too that Adams either didn't play in the 1st game or he registered zero stats.

It's preseason but this much I know - Trubisky has shown more promise in the preseason than Adams has.

Way to get your guy Pace versus taking a safety with the 3rd pick.
Adams sat out.. he's dinged up.

And yes... I make it no secret I wanted Adams+Kizer or Adams+Peterman. FYI both Peterman and Kizer also did well in their preseason debuts.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Look, since nobody else will say it, it's going to be up to me: Trubinsky will end his career with 75,000 yards, 500 TDs, 12 MVPs, and 9 Super Bowls. It's a fucking lock, and last Thursday tells me so.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
the difference for me is the eye test. he was hitting guys in stride. putting the ball in perfect place where the WR only had a play on it. Dealing with pressure and then throwing 20 yard strikes....

...Mitch Trubinsky had both Tom Brady's composure.... but also had that ability to extend a play with his feet and throwing on the run of an Aaron Rodgers....

It's simple really, his accuracy. All the throws he made were accurate in such a way that they would have been complete against any level of competition.

Valid points and truth being told... some of the things I had noted about him. When I watched him and compared him to past QBs, who I mentioned, that did well in thier debuts.... the difference to me was that he looked and played like he belonged on the field vs. the others who played and deid well out of sheer desperation. There was no desperation in his actions... just confidence.
I wanted to see what others had taken which tells them that he has the 'it' factor.

and just because I would have rather another combination of draft picks... I don't hate the pick... esp as long as he turns out to be good... I just feel until proven different, and time will tell, that we would have been a better team going a different direction with the picks. But I do think he has the chance to be an excellent QB for us.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
It's simple really, his accuracy. All the throws he made were accurate in such a way that they would have been complete against any level of competition. The throws were such that no one else would have caught the ball or made a play on the ball but the receivers.

He made Deonte Thompson look like a freaking stud. He elevated the play of those around him. This wasn't Kyle Orton Caleb Jamie or a David Fales debut, this was pure dominance and confidence.

For one game Trubisky looked every bit as good as Aaron Rodgers. He exceeded expectations in a big way. Now he just has to go out and do it consistently game in and game out with more plays and game planning added into the equation.

He looked fantastic, now we look for replication.

He looked fantastic, now we look for replication

I suppose you mean game TWO? When 'actual' comparisons and tendencies can be made.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know I'm in the definite minority here... not being a 'Ra Ra for Trubisky' type.

I've been around these boards for many pre-season games... and in many of those games we've seen players who played very well vs. 3rd stringers and other players who won't be collecting paychecks on any given Sunday. And we're always reminded of the fact that they performed well vs. inferior talent... not the starters. The real test never comes until they can face the regular season players.

What made Trubisky's first outing any different than recent QBs like Garoppolo and Clausen, seeing that their performances in their first games were not to dis-similar?

Did you think he was playing with the Bear first unit? Uh, no. Some of the guys out there with him won't even be in the league in September. Admittedly, a small sample size but he just looked like an NFL QB.....avoiding sacks, throwing on the run, throwing balls accurately with some touch, going through reads, not eye-balling a receiver....just stuff that comes naturally to good NFL QB's.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Valid points and truth being told... some of the things I had noted about him. When I watched him and compared him to past QBs, who I mentioned, that did well in thier debuts.... the difference to me was that he looked and played like he belonged on the field vs. the others who played and deid well out of sheer desperation. There was no desperation in his actions... just confidence.
I wanted to see what others had taken which tells them that he has the 'it' factor.

and just because I would have rather another combination of draft picks... I don't hate the pick... esp as long as he turns out to be good... I just feel until proven different, and time will tell, that we would have been a better team going a different direction with the picks. But I do think he has the chance to be an excellent QB for us.

I understand being skeptical until proven otherwise. We've been burned on QB promises enough.
But he did look like a real QB no matter who he was playing against and with.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

It's good that you've come round to the pick because I know you absolutely HATED it on draft day. I saw some of Peterman and he looked alright without any of the athleticism Trubisky showed.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, Prope is one astute SoB! Bravo ��

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adams sat out.. he's dinged up.

And yes... I make it no secret I wanted Adams+Kizer or Adams+Peterman. FYI both Peterman and Kizer also did well in their preseason debuts.

I guess you will just have to deal the HOF Trubisky. I like the Trubisky and Eddie Jackson combination better so far.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I guess you will just have to deal the HOF Trubisky. I like the Trubisky and Eddie Jackson combination better so far.

Trubinsky and Jackson play on different sides of the ball. They can't be a combination.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There's a report out there that because of his performance on Thursday, he has stolen Kate Upton away from Verlander.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, Prope is getting Special person... I love it!!