legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky tried on Wednesday to pump the brakes on the continued hysteria surrounding his preseason debut.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Trubisky said of Mitch Mania. “I don’t pay attention to it.... it was just a small sample. It was the first game, and you’ve just got to continue to be consistent in reproducing it. That’s why we’re out here working and practicing.”

Practice is where Trubisky can identify the majority of his flaws. Trubisky had no trouble with the vanilla scheme of Denver's second-string defense last week. But on the practice field, Trubisky often is shown looks he’s never seen before.

“[At practice], I’ve been taking the wrong drop a couple times, [and I’m working on] getting the correct Mike [linebacker call] down so we have it blocked correctly,” Trubisky said. “[I’m working on] just being more efficient. The game was actually pretty clean; it’s more in practice.”

Saturday's game against the Cardinals is an even bigger test for Trubisky, who is expected to play sometime after the Bears pull starter Mike Glennon.

Arizona coach Bruce Arians won’t be bashful about showing stuff in the preseason. Don’t be surprised to see the Cardinals go after Trubisky, who’s working on blitz recognition in practice but didn’t face much extra pressure in the Broncos game.

“I’m picking it up,” he said. “It’s tougher in practice than it was in the last game just because I don’t think in the preseason they wanted to throw a lot at us or show a lot, per se. But in practice I’m seeing a lot of different blitzes, and I think game-planning on a week-to-week basis will help in picking up the blitzes and everything.

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago-bears/post/_/id/4706033/bears-qb-mitchell-trubisky-knows-hes-far-from-a-finished-product

laputan

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;hsM0CwqGrBs]https://youtu.be/hsM0CwqGrBs[/video]

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, he is really layin it on thick with the aww-shucks shtick.

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
I think realist is an accurate assessment.

It's not like hes denying that some good things happened. Instead, he recognizes how much he needs to grow to compete at a high level. Notably the difference between preseason games against vanilla 3rd string defenses as compared to starting defenses that are scheming for your tendencies week in and week out.

Happy to hear he has humility, maturity and this perspective.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think realist is an accurate assessment.

It's not like hes denying that some good things happened. Instead, he recognizes how much he needs to grow to compete at a high level. Notably the difference between preseason games against vanilla 3rd string defenses as compared to starting defenses that are scheming for your tendencies week in and week out.

Happy to hear he has humility, maturity and this perspective.

If Trubisky still has a ways to go, imagine how far behind Glennon is.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's a realist so obviously he'll never post on this message board

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
"Saturday's game against the Cardinals is an even bigger test for Trubisky, who is expected to play sometime after the Bears pull starter Mike Glennon."

So does that mean #2 or #3, both are sometime after Glennon.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
"Saturday's game against the Cardinals is an even bigger test for Trubisky, who is expected to play sometime after the Bears pull starter Mike Glennon."

So does that mean #2 or #3, both are sometime after Glennon.

He will be coming in at #4, behind Glennon, Sanchez and Shaw.
After his performance Thursday, Fox said he would be moving Trubisky down the depth chart.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
nice I didn't see that. I know he practiced with the 2s and vs some of the 1s in practice recently. Maybe he'll get bumped to #2. that'd be nice.

I wish the reporter would've worded that better.
Does give me hope it's as #2 though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yogi.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On a more serious note, not excelling in practice is not a big deal. That's when you learn, see what you can get away with and expand the envelope.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
their 1st string vanilla is harder than our 1st string vanilla

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
the defense he was playing against doesn't matter. Trubisky was pinpointing throws against guys that had good coverage. He was avoiding the rush and making very accurate throws on the run.....