Plant based diet in the NFL

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've read that if you can eat 51% raw food per day your white blood cells don't get "activated". So, in theory, your immune system becomes stronger and is more ready to attack. Something about breaking down processed and cooked foods.

I've done that "diet" and I felt amazing fwiw.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
As a family that spends lots of time in woods hunting, meat is a standard in my diet and I'd have it no other way. I spent lots of time on the water too and fish are a staple with my family also.

I'm going to try that when I staple my check to the tax forms.

I've read that if you can eat 51% raw food per day your white blood cells don't get "activated". So, in theory, your immune system becomes stronger and is more ready to attack. Something about breaking down processed and cooked foods.

I've done that "diet" and I felt amazing fwiw.

Interesting. A thing with IBD is to always cook vegetables and fruit, what you can't eat raw may work cooked. The general rule of treatment for autoimmune is to weaken the immune system (more modern is to target parts of the immune system that are over active to weaken).

Antobears

Liked Posts:
For what it's worth, consider a low-carb-high-fat diet (LCHF) to be healthy. Many so-called vegetarians or vegans go out and order a salad with salmon and broccoli. That is a perfect LCHF meal, however, I would add plenty of butter for the salmon. Many vegetarians cut out most processed foods, bread, sugars, etc. and their health improves a ton. But is it from avoiding meat or from avoiding many sources of insulin-inducing carbs? There are healthy ways to be vegetarian and unhealthy ways. But IMO pure meat is the most healthy and nutritious food to eat.
Definitely at my healthiest (as a grown up) on LCHF diet.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Japan has the longest life expectancies in the world, and the Japanese eat a lot of vegetables and far less red meat. When Japanese people emigrate to the U.S. and change their diets to our meat dominated diet, their life spans are substantially reduced.

Did you factor in the deaths due to drive by shootings by ghetto thugs using illegal obtained weapons due to the lack of adequate gun control laws?

Or auto accident deaths since they drive more and Asians are seriously the worst drivers ever?

:troll::troll::troll::troll:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you factor in the deaths due to drive by shootings by ghetto thugs using illegal obtained weapons due to the lack of adequate gun control laws?

Or auto accident deaths since they drive more and Asians are seriously the worst drivers ever?

:troll::troll::troll::troll:

iu

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Arian Foster went vegan for one season and proceeded to have one of his worst years as a pro. He blamed it on his diet. I remember this b/c I drafted him in my fantasy league that year. :mad:

Reactions: Myk

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
dsc_3350_550.jpg

ill take that over..

th

everyday of the week and twice on sunday red meats amazing idgaf about eating a plate full of weeds

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Arian Foster went vegan for one season and proceeded to have one of his worst years as a pro. He blamed it on his diet. I remember this b/c I drafted him in my fantasy league that year. :mad:

We can only hope the same thing happens to Rodgers

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Japan has the longest life expectancies in the world, and the Japanese eat a lot of vegetables and far less red meat. When Japanese people emigrate to the U.S. and change their diets to our meat dominated diet, their life spans are substantially reduced.

As I said, this is an individual choice, and if people want to eat a lot of red meat, it's their decision.

I never said eating vegetables was bad for you. They are very healthy to eat. its just ONLY eating vegetables is the problem. And the Japanese are not vegetarians they eat tons of pork beef chicken and fish.
The problem with switching to an American diet is that we eat a lot of processed foods loaded with preservatives and who knows what other chemicals are in it. The diet in Japan is all based on fresh vegetables and animal protein.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
dsc_3350_550.jpg

ill take that over..

th

everyday of the week and twice on sunday red meats amazing idgaf about eating a plate full of weeds

I'll take both. Small portion of the meat and a large salad. Both are delicious.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I never said eating vegetables was bad for you. They are very healthy to eat. its just ONLY eating vegetables is the problem. And the Japanese are not vegetarians they eat tons of pork beef chicken and fish.
The problem with switching to an American diet is that we eat a lot of processed foods loaded with preservatives and who knows what other chemicals are in it. The diet in Japan is all based on fresh vegetables and animal protein.

I like how all these players and nations are being passed off as "vegan"....partly. Vegan is no animal products PERIOD. No leather shoes, no pets, no fish bladder in your beer, no animal tested makeup.
They're not even vegetarian with some meat, fish or fowl. That's like being partly virgin.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not a fan of veganism for the main part of 99% of vegans have to continually let you know that they are vegans and how much better they are than you lol.

[video=youtube;z0O_VYcsIk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

napo55

Liked Posts:
I'm not vegan, but funny how angry some folks are towards vegans.