Mitchell Trubisky still stuck at 3rd string

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It has been one preseason game.......

Wait and find out what they do for him in the next game....

I think it's unreasonable to say trubisky is the starter after 1 preseason game but I don't see how a player that needs more experience is going to benefit from 3rd string reps with players that might not even make the team. Give the man 2nd string reps and when it comes to game time have Sanchez as the #2 if trubisky 'isn't ready.'

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's unreasonable to say trubisky is the starter after 1 preseason game but I don't see how a player that needs more experience is going to benefit from 3rd string reps with players that might not even make the team. Give the man 2nd string reps and when it comes to game time have Sanchez as the #2 if trubisky 'isn't ready.'

Trubisky got the most in game reps than either Bears quarterback. Practice is important and they may want Trubisky to become comfortable with things before increasing his workload. There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to training. Give it another preseason game and see what happens

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
He SHOULD still be 3rd string. If he has a bad half against the 1's everyone on here will be calling him a bust. Settle down people, it was one half of the first preseason game.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I want him at #2.
Them adamant that he's #3 is going to make me start thinking they are thinking they messed up and drafted a backup at #2. I'm all for bringing a QB along slow but what I saw was a QB who could play in a regular season game. Practicing with the #2s is a better place for that than practicing with the practice squad.
But if they're really determined he stays at #3 the whole year maybe he has issues we didn't see.

(Trying to get the "they screwed up" narrative going so they move him to #2 to show they didn't.)

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He SHOULD still be 3rd string. If he has a bad half against the 1's everyone on here will be calling him a bust. Settle down people, it was one half of the first preseason game.

If they won't move him to #2 he must be a bust.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I hope so. I'm putting up a billboard with flashing lights outside of his bedroom window.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They said from day #1 they were not going to rush him. Eventually it'll work itself out, not like the Bears are making the playoffs anyways

Every team in history has said that.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're right...he's a bust!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Myk

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Neck monster needs the reps to prove to everyone that he actually knows how football works

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
No problem with this at all.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
really wanna see trubisky throw to kevin white. dude needs to be out there.

didnt really see the point of victor cruz playing so much last week....perhaps to give trubisky a set of veteran hands to throw to, but white needs to get some damn reps.

Likely wanting to have some confidence in a decision to keep Cruz or not.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
From the notes on practice, Mitch is still working things out. All the small intricacies of playing QB at this level. Those small things can get magnified and turn into big mistakes on the field.

I am the biggest Trubisky fan of all but I understand the kid needs to keep getting reps and iron out those things first. I think we can all see what he is capable of doing once he is fully comfortable running a pro offense.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
The schedule doesn't help him. Its a shit bed waiting to happen.

This. Even if he does improve, hard to see how we reach the bye week with more than a couple of wins. At which point you may as well go to Trubisky anyway.