Mitchell Trubisky still stuck at 3rd string

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
sHjs267.png

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Baers are determined to keep trubisky on the bench.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Here is hoping that it plays out like it did last week where Mitch gets the whole second half at a minimum.

I would like to see White playing with Mitch to see if there is any chemistry there. We aired it up a lot with Mitch and he made Thompson (and Bellamy - yikes) look star-like.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
So if Mitch plays lights out again they can promote him to second string. If he was already the #2 and outplayed Glennon again everyone would be calling for Mitch to get the nod in game 3.

This just gives The Bears more time to stick to their narrative.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Believe they're sticking to their guns about wanting to bring Mitch along the right way. It's also a lot to do about keeping Glennon out of his head.

Strong feeling Glennon is going to shit the bed regardless... Hope I am wrong, but don't have much confidence there.

DWBear

Liked Posts:
I'm cool with Trubisky staying with the 3rd String in his second preseason game. It was exciting to see him play well, but at some point he's going to make a few rookie mistakes. And at that time; half of the message board will scream bloody murder. I think we all need to temper our excitement when he does well, and our disappointment when he makes mistakes. I'm excited about this kid's potential, but giving him time to grow is a good idea.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I'm cool with Trubisky staying with the 3rd String in his second preseason game. It was exciting to see him play well, but at some point he's going to make a few rookie mistakes. And at that time; half of the message board will scream bloody murder. I think we all need to temper our excitement when he does well, and our disappointment when he makes mistakes. I'm excited about this kid's potential, but giving him time to grow is a good idea.

So much this.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Believe they're sticking to their guns about wanting to bring Mitch along the right way. It's also a lot to do about keeping Glennon out of his head.

Strong feeling Glennon is going to shit the bed regardless... Hope I am wrong, but don't have much confidence there.

The schedule doesn't help him. Its a shit bed waiting to happen.

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't say that I agree with this but as it was just one preseason game, I am ok with it. That said, if he plays the way he did last week while Butt fumble and The Neck play bad, I would want to see him moved up to the second spot for week three. I am hopeful that Glennon looks better this week and I don't much care about Butt Fumble as I still think he is just there to be a veteran buffer in case Glennon goes down so they don't have to throw Mitch in without a full week of prep.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think it's ok. Sanchez should only get 1 series.

Glennon most of 1st half
Sanchez one series
Trubisky rest of game (whether that's from the end of first half or from start of 2nd half).

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This is Arizona's third preseason game, Trubisky could very much see the 1st string defense and at worst will see the #2s.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah I hear you, but what does any of them know about bring a QB along the right way? Pace and Fox never developed a QB, They either bought one in FA (Manning) or traded for one (Brees).

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Yeah I hear you, but what does any of them know about bring a QB along the right way? Pace and Fox never developed a QB, They either bought one in FA (Manning) or traded for one (Brees).
Good points. I really don't know. Have to have some sort of faith in the staff I assume. Hard to do (next to impossible actually) as a Bears fan. Especially when speaking of the QB position and development over the many many years.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has been one preseason game.......

Wait and find out what they do for him in the next game....

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Does it matter where is he at on the depth chart? Everyone knows he is our best talent at the position.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
really wanna see trubisky throw to kevin white. dude needs to be out there.

didnt really see the point of victor cruz playing so much last week....perhaps to give trubisky a set of veteran hands to throw to, but white needs to get some damn reps.