Are the Bears preparing for a season without Kyle Long?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Long's father, Hall of Famer Howie Long, hinted on Tuesday that his 28-year old son's recovery from ankle surgery is going slower than expected.

"He's got to get it under control," Howie Long said on "The Rich Eisen Show."

"It's one of those things where you're coming back from injury and you're switching positions and maybe you're not where you want to be right now. He's getting his first live action since the surgery. I've seen it up close and personal in our own house."

Fox seemed to agree that Long's physical and mental state contributed to Monday's outbursts.

"There was some remorse there," Fox said. "He was embarrassed for himself and for the team. Those things happen. Our guys, we've got a bond and he's one of our family members and he'll be treated as such, like any kind of thing that happens in a family. Guys adapt and respond and I think everything's fine.

"I think any time a player's injured, they get something that they love taken away from them. It's been a minute, there's some pain and suffering that goes along with it and I'm sure those are things. But we have a lot of resources here, Kyle knows he's loved here, by his teammates and by everyone in the building. He'll get through it and we talked about that and I think he feels confident in that."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20361510/two-days-fights-chicago-bears-og-kyle-long-misses-practice-getting-ankle-re-examined

Hoge and Jahns podcast:

http://wgnradio.com/2017/08/17/hoge-and-jahns-episode-105-pressure-builds-on-mike-glennon/

"This was not a typical fight, this was something much different than that."

The way Hoge/Jahns described it was very disturbing. He basically became unhinged. He was fighting his own O linemen, and guys just don't fight their own position group. He was fighting with the defense after every play. The entire scene was bizarre, and no one could turn away like a train wreck. People watched in shock as it all unfolded. Football wise, he was terrible out there. It seemed as if he wanted to get kicked out of practice. They think he was actually suspended, rather than the doctor excuse.

APzm9Di.png

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe I'm reading between the lines to much, but sounds like something more serious then his ankle injury is going on. Women troubles, addicted to pills? Maybe he has just that much rage about his injury. :shrug:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think we should be discussin long till novak gets back from California

Is he coming back?

This got me thinking...

Which number is higher?

1. # of CCS posters banned during the season?

or

2. # of Baerz injured for the season?

Seems like a decent bet right?

And the Bears are in trouble if Long is out the whole season. This is not good.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Speak for yourself.

shit at the end when the locker room was revolting i was missing wanny and dick jauron not to mention lovie, tragically flawed though he was. at least i could stomach the games he coached.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Was there any news of Kyle Long practicing since being excused wednesday? Barring his recent injury history the OL misses what he brings to the table I'm sure.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Was there any news of Kyle Long practicing since being excused wednesday? Barring his recent injury history the OL misses what he brings to the table I'm sure.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CHIBears/comments/6ueetb/some_notes_from_practice/

Bellamy, McPhee, Long not practicing.
Long and Grasu were laughing and joking around. So if they were fighting at practice, it's not ongoing.
A bunch of little kids were yelling and trying to get Kyle Long to notice them, it was during practice but Long turned towards them and gave them a smile and big wave, that made them all really happy.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Too many video games and not enough rehab..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts: