Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 45 to 66 of 81
  1. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is not the least bit factual, unless you consider 17th place in attendance big time support. That's from 2005 which was a magical year that they may never reproduce.

    http://scorecenter.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance?year=2005
    Not FACTUAL? They have lost 40+% of their paid attendance since 2006. That is on Reinny and no one else. He is a skin flint miser. Until he is gone, the White Sox are doomed to fail.

    Happened to look at the batting averages of this team today. Seems like short stop, second base, 3B, are amongst the bottom feeders in baseball. And CF ? Are you kidding me? Catching is really bad also position wise. That is probably a bit of a problem for the future don't you think?

    Pretty much everyone here is enamored with the pitching staff potential BUT...... although the potential in its starting pitching is looking positive, the loss of quality relievers is awful.

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The progression of Reiny's ownership world in the modern world did this. The Bulls are the same way. They are currently in this state as well, and attendance will dip dramatically next year.

    They only briefly recovered because they won the lottery, and then went all-in to support an MVP, found Jimmy along the way and had a competitive run, but mismanaged, run into the ground, and never had a real chance. Bad luck too.

    The owner has to go, so they can run these teams with actual accountability before we even have a chance, and can repair things with the fans.
    Absolutely true. What Reinny did to the Bulls was a crime. He had a terrific coach and players who busted their tails for him like no other coach could have. And what does Reinny do? listen to two assholes and fire the guy but worse yet, bad mouth Thibs to the press. And the White Sox? This bozo saw what the Cubs did and expects the same for himself. But White Sox fans are different than Cubs fans who don't give a shit if their team is good or bad. They will come out anyway.

  4. #47
    Senior Member Diehardfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Burbs
    Posts
    5,214
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not FACTUAL? They have lost 40+% of their paid attendance since 2006. That is on Reinny and no one else. He is a skin flint miser. Until he is gone, the White Sox are doomed to fail.

    Happened to look at the batting averages of this team today. Seems like short stop, second base, 3B, are amongst the bottom feeders in baseball. And CF ? Are you kidding me? Catching is really bad also position wise. That is probably a bit of a problem for the future don't you think?

    Pretty much everyone here is enamored with the pitching staff potential BUT...... although the potential in its starting pitching is looking positive, the loss of quality relievers is awful.
    You missed the point and that's on me. I was only referring to the part where you claimed Chicago will support the Sox if they win. 2005 clearly proved that was not the case.

  5. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You missed the point and that's on me. I was only referring to the part where you claimed Chicago will support the Sox if they win. 2005 clearly proved that was not the case.
    You and I will then agree to disagree. I think that the problem is Reinsdorf and his lack of committing to building a championship contending team. Build a good team and fans will go out and enjoy themselves watching it. Reinsdorf doesn't do that. Now he is trying a bullshit ploy that has many folks thinking that the Sox will do what the Cubs did. All this was is a salary dump and dreamscape for glory in the future.

    I also am not trying to piss people off about talking about Vegas potentially being in their future. They are going to get a team in the very near future.

  6. #49
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    3,105
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Giolito had another solid outing yesterday. He has a mature approach for a young guy. Lopez seems to have the proper mental make-up too. Watching these young guys pitch gets me energized about this rebuild.

    Moncada continues to improve. He has a good eye for someone that strikes out a fair amount. I've noticed recently he's been going the other way instead of trying to pull the ball all the time. And that's from both sides of the plate...

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playthrough2001 For This Useful Post:


  8. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Giolito had another solid outing yesterday. He has a mature approach for a young guy. Lopez seems to have the proper mental make-up too. Watching these young guys pitch gets me energized about this rebuild.

    Moncada continues to improve. He has a good eye for someone that strikes out a fair amount. I've noticed recently he's been going the other way instead of trying to pull the ball all the time. And that's from both sides of the plate...
    We will see. He looks like a ball player and has a live bat. Stephenson is one of the best batting instructors around baseball. I talked to him a couple of times in Arizona when he was with the A's and working with one of my former high school players. The Sox have two solid coaches in both he and Cooper. I still think that he may end up at 3rd base when he fills out his frame. He is going to be a big man when that happens.

  9. #51
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,486
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will see. He looks like a ball player and has a live bat. Stephenson is one of the best batting instructors around baseball. I talked to him a couple of times in Arizona when he was with the A's and working with one of my former high school players. The Sox have two solid coaches in both he and Cooper. I still think that he may end up at 3rd base when he fills out his frame. He is going to be a big man when that happens.
    You mean Todd Steverson?
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  10. #52
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    3,105
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will see. He looks like a ball player and has a live bat. Stephenson is one of the best batting instructors around baseball. I talked to him a couple of times in Arizona when he was with the A's and working with one of my former high school players. The Sox have two solid coaches in both he and Cooper. I still think that he may end up at 3rd base when he fills out his frame. He is going to be a big man when that happens.
    He's just a kid but I hope he doesn't get too big. He has blazing speed right now.

  11. #53
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    3,105
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Right on cue Moncada goes 4-5 with a homer, stolen base and 5 runs scored. He walked two times as well.

  12. #54
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    3,105
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Giolito has reached his innings limit and has been shutdown for the rest of the season. I was impressed with his maturity, approach and ability. It will be great if he builds on this experience.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to playthrough2001 For This Useful Post:


  14. #55
    Senior Member dennehy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Jewels to get a case of Squirt
    Posts
    766
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Giolito looked great.

    A top 3 of Giolito-Kopech-Rodon in a few years could be very nasty.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to dennehy For This Useful Post:


  16. #56
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,486
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Giolito looked great.

    A top 3 of Giolito-Kopech-Rodon in a few years could be very nasty.
    I'm liking Lopez as a #4 as well.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  17. #57
    Senior Member dennehy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Jewels to get a case of Squirt
    Posts
    766
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Yeah they've got lots of other good looking prospects and will have plenty of $ to go out and get someone if need be. I'd love to see a lefty in that 4 spot and then Lopez/Hansen/Dunning, eventually maybe Cease although he's go a long way to go.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to dennehy For This Useful Post:


  19. #58
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,486
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah they've got lots of other good looking prospects and will have plenty of $ to go out and get someone if need be. I'd love to see a lefty in that 4 spot and then Lopez/Hansen/Dunning, eventually maybe Cease although he's go a long way to go.
    I am leaning toward Dunning and Hansen needing at least another year. Now Kopech could be with the team on Day 1 next year or he might be a mid year call up.

    But yeah, pretty much love our young guns.

    Not sure at all about Carson Fulmer
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to brett05 For This Useful Post:


  21. #59
    Senior Member dennehy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Jewels to get a case of Squirt
    Posts
    766
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Yep, I said a few years down the road. I'd expect next year to look like Rodon-Giolito-Lopez and then whoever. Maybe give Fulmer a shot and see what he can do but I'm not expecting him to become a dependable starter.

  22. #60
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,486
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, I said a few years down the road. I'd expect next year to look like Rodon-Giolito-Lopez and then whoever. Maybe give Fulmer a shot and see what he can do but I'm not expecting him to become a dependable starter.
    I'm not concerned with wins though I am guessing we'll be between a 75-82 win team next season. I just want to see fundamentals. Give me a year of fundamentals and I'll be happy
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  23. #61
    Senior Member dennehy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Jewels to get a case of Squirt
    Posts
    766
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Agree. 2019 is the year where I'm expect a few significant FA signings and some on field results.

  24. #62
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,486
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree. 2019 is the year where I'm expect a few significant FA signings and some on field results.
    Agreed, though to be honest, I am not sure what FA signings they will need. They have done a great job acquiring talent and developing talent to fill the roster IMO.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  25. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean Todd Steverson?
    Yeah. Steverson.

  26. #64
    Senior Member dennehy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Jewels to get a case of Squirt
    Posts
    766
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, though to be honest, I am not sure what FA signings they will need. They have done a great job acquiring talent and developing talent to fill the roster IMO.
    Well lots of the talent remains undeveloped, especially in the outfield. I'm not sure Robert or Rutherford is going to be ready. Also remains to be seen if Collins can catch in the majors. Probably need a DH as well.

  27. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well lots of the talent remains undeveloped, especially in the outfield. I'm not sure Robert or Rutherford is going to be ready. Also remains to be seen if Collins can catch in the majors. Probably need a DH as well.
    The outfield needs a a lot more production. The line-up needs at a minimum two more left handed bats, especially a left handed hitting thumper. I like Moncada's potential but question if Donaldson is going to get much better. I also question whether the shortstop, catchers, left fielder and center fielder spots can be filled by anyone currently in their system. All of those positions are below average in major league talent. There is a reason why they are in the running for the worst team in all of baseball. They lack major league talent. Not to mention that they have not even got close in having a major league pitching rotation nor having and good set-man and closer identified and anywhere proven. A lot of good prospects? Sure. But if one of three of these great prospects prove themselves to be good major league players, it will be A LOT.

    These players are PROSPECTS and prospects only. Making the jump from 2A to the major leagues is a huge jump. I coached with a guy who led 1A and 2A batting championships while in the Cubs organization. His minor league over-all average was around .310 or so. And he hit with some power. Might have been one of the best hitters ever to come out of his area in southern california. He never made it. And I coached a lot of legit draftable and drafted players. Only two made it and lasted in major league baseball to any extent and neither became an impact player. One was a number one draft pick with the Pirates. Another was a 2nd round pick with the Angels. Other high draft picks made it to 2A and 3A. All of these kids had a ton of talent but the jump to the major league is HUGE. Lot of it is luck and also mental toughness is required.

  28. #66
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,486
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The outfield needs a a lot more production. The line-up needs at a minimum two more left handed bats, especially a left handed hitting thumper. I like Moncada's potential but question if Donaldson is going to get much better. I also question whether the shortstop, catchers, left fielder and center fielder spots can be filled by anyone currently in their system. All of those positions are below average in major league talent. There is a reason why they are in the running for the worst team in all of baseball. They lack major league talent. Not to mention that they have not even got close in having a major league pitching rotation nor having and good set-man and closer identified and anywhere proven. A lot of good prospects? Sure. But if one of three of these great prospects prove themselves to be good major league players, it will be A LOT.

    These players are PROSPECTS and prospects only. Making the jump from 2A to the major leagues is a huge jump. I coached with a guy who led 1A and 2A batting championships while in the Cubs organization. His minor league over-all average was around .310 or so. And he hit with some power. Might have been one of the best hitters ever to come out of his area in southern california. He never made it. And I coached a lot of legit draftable and drafted players. Only two made it and lasted in major league baseball to any extent and neither became an impact player. One was a number one draft pick with the Pirates. Another was a 2nd round pick with the Angels. Other high draft picks made it to 2A and 3A. All of these kids had a ton of talent but the jump to the major league is HUGE. Lot of it is luck and also mental toughness is required.
    Who is this? Josh Donaldson from the Blue Jays? How is he at all relevant to the White Sox?

    Can you stop mentioning the need for left handed hitters? You just need hitters that perform well against right handed pitching.

    Finally not even close to having a major league rotation? Not sure what game you are watching, but having Rodon, Giolito, Lopez is a good start. Our starting rotation next year will be middle of the pack (10-20th) and that's only going to improve.

    I suggest less Jerry hating and more paying attention to the team you claim to support.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  29. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brett05 For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •