Giolito promoted to White Sox, Kopech to AAA

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Also, Davidson mashed a three run homer. He also hit a laser shot to right but the outfielder was perfectly positioned. He was close to a 5 RBI day. He still has a great chance at 30 homers. It's nice to see considering the struggles he endured when he first joined the Sox and battling back from the broken foot last year.
I am very comfortable with at least another year of him at 3b. Our infield is set for the 2018 season.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The youth is showing promise. It's early, but it looks like we have three solid starters for next season in Rodon, Giolito, and Lopez. Still have a ton of talent in Kopech, Hansen, Stephens, Cease, Dunning to back fill the rotation in 2018/2019. Our pitching is pretty well set.

Funny how the team is winning more after our trades than before.

I still want to see our hitters progress. However, Eloy is making a case to get a look see at least in 2018. He's flat out the best hitting prospect in the minors since....maybe ever for the White Sox.

Jimenez is now hitting .368 in AA after going 3-4 last night.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Giolito with a really good outing today. Struck out 10, 3 hits and 1 earned run for the win.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Giolito with a really good outing today. Struck out 10, 3 hits and 1 earned run for the win.

That's two in a row. His curveball looked awesome at times.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That's three starters for us. We're fine in the SP department.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just read an interesting stat on ESPN. They showed the biggest decline in fan attendance in the last ten years amongst all major sports. Turns out that the WHITE SOX have experienced an over 40% decline in fan attendance since 2006. They are the worst team of them all:( Tell me again that Reinny isn't going to bail out of Chicago and head to Las Vegas? He's cut the pay-roll tons and gutted the team of major league talent. He will get the state of NEvada to build him a state of the art stadium, pay less taxes than in Illinois, and will die taking his money with him to hell.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That's an interesting take. How much longer is his lease here?

On the flip side doesnt it show how bad of a strategy they've had since 2006 of keeping this team relevant? I think you will see people come back now that there is some excitement with a new vision and direction

And it's funny with all the positives in this thread with our young talent doing good promising things you randomly come in gloom and doom thinking the teams is going to move you are so fucking miserable lol

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

On the flip side doesnt it show how bad of a strategy they've had since 2006 of keeping this team relevant? I think you will see people come back now that there is some excitement with a new vision and direction

And it's funny with all the positives in this thread with our young talent doing good promising things you randomly come in gloom and doom thinking the teams is going to move you are so fucking miserable lol

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-white-sox-guaranteed-rate-met-20160901-story.html

The lease goes runs until 2029. They're not moving anytime soon, pay no attention to The Cawk. Like most people of his type he doesn't let facts get in the way of his hatred and anger. I don't care for Reinsdorf's ownership of the Palehose and definitely not the Bulls, but people like :hawked: (Charlottesville "white nationalist" marcher types) don't show that kind of obsessive hate if Jerry isn't a Joo.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Just read an interesting stat on ESPN. They showed the biggest decline in fan attendance in the last ten years amongst all major sports. Turns out that the WHITE SOX have experienced an over 40% decline in fan attendance since 2006. They are the worst team of them all:( Tell me again that Reinny isn't going to bail out of Chicago and head to Las Vegas? He's cut the pay-roll tons and gutted the team of major league talent. He will get the state of NEvada to build him a state of the art stadium, pay less taxes than in Illinois, and will die taking his money with him to hell.

We already showed you that attendance in increasing and that per dollar they spend quite well based on attendance.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Tough shit. Reinsdorf had a chance after 2005 to take the town from the CUbs or at least carve a nice piece of it out for the Sox and went back to his miserly self. THere will be a major league team going to Vegas in a couple of years and it will not be an expansion team. ANd the White Sox are a prime candidate to be it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-white-sox-guaranteed-rate-met-20160901-story.html

The lease goes runs until 2029. They're not moving anytime soon, pay no attention to The Cawk. Like most people of his type he doesn't let facts get in the way of his hatred and anger. I don't care for Reinsdorf's ownership of the Palehose and definitely not the Bulls, but people like :hawked: (Charlottesville "white nationalist" marcher types) don't show that kind of obsessive hate if Jerry isn't a Joo.

Hey, fuck you with the fucking obsessive hate crap. This is a damn sports board and I do not and will not take any racist crap thrown at me just because you are an ignorant asshole. Don't do it again.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We already showed you that attendance in increasing and that per dollar they spend quite well based on attendance.

Bullshit. Facts are facts. Fact is that there has been an over 40% reduction in seats in the seats since 2006. Worst of any professional sports team in the United States. They have the worst team in all of baseball and one of the lowest pay-rolls in baseball. All of this rah-rah shit is fine but it isn't factual about the true situation about this team.

"Attendance is increasing he says"????? Hilarious. Yeah, those people are flocking to see this 2A team that they are putting on the field and calling it major league talent:(

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Attendance is increasing and they have been one of the highest paying teams. Why you keep denying FACTS is beyond anyone's comprehension. Argue FACTS about the White Sox, Jerry, etc please

dennehy

Liked Posts:
When you start your study the year after a world series win and the team essentially declines for the next ten years and then you end your study, the results are pretty much self-evident. In longer view, the 05-09 period really looks like the aberration (a world series bump).

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Attendance is increasing and they have been one of the highest paying teams. Why you keep denying FACTS is beyond anyone's comprehension. Argue FACTS about the White Sox, Jerry, etc please

Bullshit attendance is increasing. They only average around 22,000 in attendance which is meager. And they have one of the lowest payrolls in all of baseball. Keep dreaming those FACTS away. I watched part of last nights game and there were open seats all over the place and most of the people in the seats had Indians gear on.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When you start your study the year after a world series win and the team essentially declines for the next ten years and then you end your study, the results are pretty much self-evident. In longer view, the 05-09 period really looks like the aberration (a world series bump).

Wow. Facts are facts and the Facts are that Chicago will support the White Sox when they have a good team but Reinny pissed that away. a 40+% drop in attendance is AWFUL and was unnecessary with good management including a good owner. Reinny is just an old miser who ruined two Chicago sports teams.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bullshit. Facts are facts. Fact is that there has been an over 40% reduction in seats in the seats since 2006. Worst of any professional sports team in the United States. They have the worst team in all of baseball and one of the lowest pay-rolls in baseball. All of this rah-rah shit is fine but it isn't factual about the true situation about this team.

"Attendance is increasing he says"????? Hilarious. Yeah, those people are flocking to see this 2A team that they are putting on the field and calling it major league talent:(

The progression of Reiny's ownership world in the modern world did this. The Bulls are the same way. They are currently in this state as well, and attendance will dip dramatically next year.

They only briefly recovered because they won the lottery, and then went all-in to support an MVP, found Jimmy along the way and had a competitive run, but mismanaged, run into the ground, and never had a real chance. Bad luck too.

The owner has to go, so they can run these teams with actual accountability before we even have a chance, and can repair things with the fans.