Giolito promoted to White Sox, Kopech to AAA

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow. Facts are facts and the Facts are that Chicago will support the White Sox when they have a good team but Reinny pissed that away. a 40+% drop in attendance is AWFUL and was unnecessary with good management including a good owner. Reinny is just an old miser who ruined two Chicago sports teams.

That is not the least bit factual, unless you consider 17th place in attendance big time support. That's from 2005 which was a magical year that they may never reproduce.

http://scorecenter.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance?year=2005

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There was a Carson Fullmer sighting yesterday and he pitched pretty damn well.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There was a Carson Fullmer sighting yesterday and he pitched pretty damn well.

Yeah. Those 16,000 paid fannies in the seats really got excited, didn't they?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is not the least bit factual, unless you consider 17th place in attendance big time support. That's from 2005 which was a magical year that they may never reproduce.

http://scorecenter.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance?year=2005

Not FACTUAL? They have lost 40+% of their paid attendance since 2006. That is on Reinny and no one else. He is a skin flint miser. Until he is gone, the White Sox are doomed to fail.

Happened to look at the batting averages of this team today. Seems like short stop, second base, 3B, are amongst the bottom feeders in baseball. And CF ? Are you kidding me? Catching is really bad also position wise. That is probably a bit of a problem for the future don't you think?

Pretty much everyone here is enamored with the pitching staff potential BUT...... although the potential in its starting pitching is looking positive, the loss of quality relievers is awful.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The progression of Reiny's ownership world in the modern world did this. The Bulls are the same way. They are currently in this state as well, and attendance will dip dramatically next year.

They only briefly recovered because they won the lottery, and then went all-in to support an MVP, found Jimmy along the way and had a competitive run, but mismanaged, run into the ground, and never had a real chance. Bad luck too.

The owner has to go, so they can run these teams with actual accountability before we even have a chance, and can repair things with the fans.

Absolutely true. What Reinny did to the Bulls was a crime. He had a terrific coach and players who busted their tails for him like no other coach could have. And what does Reinny do? listen to two assholes and fire the guy but worse yet, bad mouth Thibs to the press. And the White Sox? This bozo saw what the Cubs did and expects the same for himself. But White Sox fans are different than Cubs fans who don't give a shit if their team is good or bad. They will come out anyway.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not FACTUAL? They have lost 40+% of their paid attendance since 2006. That is on Reinny and no one else. He is a skin flint miser. Until he is gone, the White Sox are doomed to fail.

Happened to look at the batting averages of this team today. Seems like short stop, second base, 3B, are amongst the bottom feeders in baseball. And CF ? Are you kidding me? Catching is really bad also position wise. That is probably a bit of a problem for the future don't you think?

Pretty much everyone here is enamored with the pitching staff potential BUT...... although the potential in its starting pitching is looking positive, the loss of quality relievers is awful.

You missed the point and that's on me. I was only referring to the part where you claimed Chicago will support the Sox if they win. 2005 clearly proved that was not the case.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You missed the point and that's on me. I was only referring to the part where you claimed Chicago will support the Sox if they win. 2005 clearly proved that was not the case.

You and I will then agree to disagree. I think that the problem is Reinsdorf and his lack of committing to building a championship contending team. Build a good team and fans will go out and enjoy themselves watching it. Reinsdorf doesn't do that. Now he is trying a bullshit ploy that has many folks thinking that the Sox will do what the Cubs did. All this was is a salary dump and dreamscape for glory in the future.

I also am not trying to piss people off about talking about Vegas potentially being in their future. They are going to get a team in the very near future.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Giolito had another solid outing yesterday. He has a mature approach for a young guy. Lopez seems to have the proper mental make-up too. Watching these young guys pitch gets me energized about this rebuild.

Moncada continues to improve. He has a good eye for someone that strikes out a fair amount. I've noticed recently he's been going the other way instead of trying to pull the ball all the time. And that's from both sides of the plate...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Giolito had another solid outing yesterday. He has a mature approach for a young guy. Lopez seems to have the proper mental make-up too. Watching these young guys pitch gets me energized about this rebuild.

Moncada continues to improve. He has a good eye for someone that strikes out a fair amount. I've noticed recently he's been going the other way instead of trying to pull the ball all the time. And that's from both sides of the plate...

We will see. He looks like a ball player and has a live bat. Stephenson is one of the best batting instructors around baseball. I talked to him a couple of times in Arizona when he was with the A's and working with one of my former high school players. The Sox have two solid coaches in both he and Cooper. I still think that he may end up at 3rd base when he fills out his frame. He is going to be a big man when that happens.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
We will see. He looks like a ball player and has a live bat. Stephenson is one of the best batting instructors around baseball. I talked to him a couple of times in Arizona when he was with the A's and working with one of my former high school players. The Sox have two solid coaches in both he and Cooper. I still think that he may end up at 3rd base when he fills out his frame. He is going to be a big man when that happens.

You mean Todd Steverson?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

He's just a kid but I hope he doesn't get too big. He has blazing speed right now.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Right on cue Moncada goes 4-5 with a homer, stolen base and 5 runs scored. He walked two times as well.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Giolito has reached his innings limit and has been shutdown for the rest of the season. I was impressed with his maturity, approach and ability. It will be great if he builds on this experience.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Giolito looked great.

A top 3 of Giolito-Kopech-Rodon in a few years could be very nasty.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah they've got lots of other good looking prospects and will have plenty of $ to go out and get someone if need be. I'd love to see a lefty in that 4 spot and then Lopez/Hansen/Dunning, eventually maybe Cease although he's go a long way to go.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yeah they've got lots of other good looking prospects and will have plenty of $ to go out and get someone if need be. I'd love to see a lefty in that 4 spot and then Lopez/Hansen/Dunning, eventually maybe Cease although he's go a long way to go.

I am leaning toward Dunning and Hansen needing at least another year. Now Kopech could be with the team on Day 1 next year or he might be a mid year call up.

But yeah, pretty much love our young guns.

Not sure at all about Carson Fulmer

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yep, I said a few years down the road. I'd expect next year to look like Rodon-Giolito-Lopez and then whoever. Maybe give Fulmer a shot and see what he can do but I'm not expecting him to become a dependable starter.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yep, I said a few years down the road. I'd expect next year to look like Rodon-Giolito-Lopez and then whoever. Maybe give Fulmer a shot and see what he can do but I'm not expecting him to become a dependable starter.

I'm not concerned with wins though I am guessing we'll be between a 75-82 win team next season. I just want to see fundamentals. Give me a year of fundamentals and I'll be happy