Giolito promoted to White Sox, Kopech to AAA

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Agree. 2019 is the year where I'm expect a few significant FA signings and some on field results.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Agree. 2019 is the year where I'm expect a few significant FA signings and some on field results.

Agreed, though to be honest, I am not sure what FA signings they will need. They have done a great job acquiring talent and developing talent to fill the roster IMO.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Agreed, though to be honest, I am not sure what FA signings they will need. They have done a great job acquiring talent and developing talent to fill the roster IMO.

Well lots of the talent remains undeveloped, especially in the outfield. I'm not sure Robert or Rutherford is going to be ready. Also remains to be seen if Collins can catch in the majors. Probably need a DH as well.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well lots of the talent remains undeveloped, especially in the outfield. I'm not sure Robert or Rutherford is going to be ready. Also remains to be seen if Collins can catch in the majors. Probably need a DH as well.

The outfield needs a a lot more production. The line-up needs at a minimum two more left handed bats, especially a left handed hitting thumper. I like Moncada's potential but question if Donaldson is going to get much better. I also question whether the shortstop, catchers, left fielder and center fielder spots can be filled by anyone currently in their system. All of those positions are below average in major league talent. There is a reason why they are in the running for the worst team in all of baseball. They lack major league talent. Not to mention that they have not even got close in having a major league pitching rotation nor having and good set-man and closer identified and anywhere proven. A lot of good prospects? Sure. But if one of three of these great prospects prove themselves to be good major league players, it will be A LOT.

These players are PROSPECTS and prospects only. Making the jump from 2A to the major leagues is a huge jump. I coached with a guy who led 1A and 2A batting championships while in the Cubs organization. His minor league over-all average was around .310 or so. And he hit with some power. Might have been one of the best hitters ever to come out of his area in southern california. He never made it. And I coached a lot of legit draftable and drafted players. Only two made it and lasted in major league baseball to any extent and neither became an impact player. One was a number one draft pick with the Pirates. Another was a 2nd round pick with the Angels. Other high draft picks made it to 2A and 3A. All of these kids had a ton of talent but the jump to the major league is HUGE. Lot of it is luck and also mental toughness is required.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The outfield needs a a lot more production. The line-up needs at a minimum two more left handed bats, especially a left handed hitting thumper. I like Moncada's potential but question if Donaldson is going to get much better. I also question whether the shortstop, catchers, left fielder and center fielder spots can be filled by anyone currently in their system. All of those positions are below average in major league talent. There is a reason why they are in the running for the worst team in all of baseball. They lack major league talent. Not to mention that they have not even got close in having a major league pitching rotation nor having and good set-man and closer identified and anywhere proven. A lot of good prospects? Sure. But if one of three of these great prospects prove themselves to be good major league players, it will be A LOT.

These players are PROSPECTS and prospects only. Making the jump from 2A to the major leagues is a huge jump. I coached with a guy who led 1A and 2A batting championships while in the Cubs organization. His minor league over-all average was around .310 or so. And he hit with some power. Might have been one of the best hitters ever to come out of his area in southern california. He never made it. And I coached a lot of legit draftable and drafted players. Only two made it and lasted in major league baseball to any extent and neither became an impact player. One was a number one draft pick with the Pirates. Another was a 2nd round pick with the Angels. Other high draft picks made it to 2A and 3A. All of these kids had a ton of talent but the jump to the major league is HUGE. Lot of it is luck and also mental toughness is required.

Who is this? Josh Donaldson from the Blue Jays? How is he at all relevant to the White Sox?

Can you stop mentioning the need for left handed hitters? You just need hitters that perform well against right handed pitching.

Finally not even close to having a major league rotation? Not sure what game you are watching, but having Rodon, Giolito, Lopez is a good start. Our starting rotation next year will be middle of the pack (10-20th) and that's only going to improve.

I suggest less Jerry hating and more paying attention to the team you claim to support.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who is this? Josh Donaldson from the Blue Jays? How is he at all relevant to the White Sox?

Can you stop mentioning the need for left handed hitters? You just need hitters that perform well against right handed pitching.

Finally not even close to having a major league rotation? Not sure what game you are watching, but having Rodon, Giolito, Lopez is a good start. Our starting rotation next year will be middle of the pack (10-20th) and that's only going to improve.

I suggest less Jerry hating and more paying attention to the team you claim to support.

I suggest that you stop being a damn smart ass. I meant to say Davidson which you already knew but being the child that you are you resorted to an insult. You do not know crap about the need for balancing a line-up. You say that this team will be middle of the pack in their starting rotation. Based on what? If Rodan is your "ace" then you do not have a good rotation right at the onset. Rodan is right now a 4th or fifth pitcher in a good rotation. The rest of these guys? All of them are "PROSPECTS". Half of these guys will not make it. That is the pure truth of it.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Do you know any of the players on the team and how to spell them? Hitting coach, starting pitcher, 3b/1b/dh? 0 for 3.

Seriously, we need a mod so folks like you when shown to be wrong on things can get "vacation trips" instead of spewing the same stuff over and over.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you know any of the players on the team and how to spell them? Hitting coach, starting pitcher, 3b/1b/dh? 0 for 3.

Seriously, we need a mod so folks like you when shown to be wrong on things can get "vacation trips" instead of spewing the same stuff over and over.

What a smart ass you are. Grow up, child. Now you want someone to ban me for mispelling a player or coaches name? You talking about the White SOx next year having a 10-15 best starting rotation is funny. Now with Rodon having serious surgery I bet that doesn't even faze you either, huh? They will just bring someone up from double A to take his place now, huh? You really think that you know more about baseball, huh? All you know is what you read and based on that do not want anyone to question your OPINION.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So The Hawk...more...blah blah blah, but a point on Rodon. Yes, he's out, back for the start of the season, perhaps as late as June 1st. Should be a full recovery. And yes, that of course changes the staff. It's an injury. Thought you might know that.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So The Hawk...more...blah blah blah, but a point on Rodon. Yes, he's out, back for the start of the season, perhaps as late as June 1st. Should be a full recovery. And yes, that of course changes the staff. It's an injury. Thought you might know that.

Another smart ass remark. How juvenile you are. Seriously, how old are you anyway? 12? My issue is with your pollyanna assessment that somehow a basically all 3A or less pitching staff is going to be in the top 3rd of the league???? Based on what, Brett? Seriously. Based on what? Certainly not proven talent. So what is it based on? Your CHicago White Sox HOPE CHEST? The team does not have ONE proven starting pitcher. THe only one was had been proven is Shields who is a shadow of his former self. THe rest of these guys are unproven 2A and 3A players. ANd don't even get me started about how awful the projected bull-pen will be. Not a single proven guy there at all.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Never said top third but hey, go with it, it works for you.

The team is rebuilding. Please ask someone in person what that means. It will help you a lot. Seriously.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never said top third but hey, go with it, it works for you.

The team is rebuilding. Please ask someone in person what that means. It will help you a lot. Seriously.

You said that their starting pitching will be top 10-15 in all of baseball. As for your advice, no thank you.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You said that their starting pitching will be top 10-15 in all of baseball. As for your advice, no thank you.

Hawk, I think you do love the White Sox like the rest of us. Friendly advice (and feel free to tell me to fuck off) just try to forget the owner and watch these kids develop over the next two years. You said you're a coach so from that perspective I think you'll enjoy it. I watched almost every game in August and September and really enjoyed following Moncada, Lopez, Giolito, Anderson, Davidson, Yolmer, Delmonico and the rest of the young guys. With so many exciting young prospects still heading toward Chicago, there's a reason to be hopeful and positive. Plus, the Sox have the 4th pick and there are some really nice bats that should be there.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

ok, harp on the #10. 11-20 is middle third but hey...you are so good at being wrong, why stop now?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ok, harp on the #10. 11-20 is middle third but hey...you are so good at being wrong, why stop now?

I am HARPING? I threw out a general comment about how you rated the White Sox starting pitching. That was the point. Now you continue to nitpick and tell me that I am wrong? What the hell is the matter with you? You said that the White Sox starting pitching is going to be good next year. THAT is the bottom line. I say that you are really wrong in that assessment because it is not based on any evidence other than you wishing for it to happen. It certainly isn't based on past performance or experience.

I find you childish in your little sniping at me. Why not put your big boy pants for a change and act like a grown up?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The team is short on experience at the major league level. No one but you seem to have trouble with that.

The evidence at the major league level has been impressive albeit only about a third of a season in sample size.

The work done in the minors is encouraging on how high the ceiling is on out pitching prospects.

Even with the injury to Rodon I feel quite confident in the team going into 2018 with a starting rotation in the mid third and a team ready to win 75-82 games based on their strong finish.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hawk, I think you do love the White Sox like the rest of us. Friendly advice (and feel free to tell me to fuck off) just try to forget the owner and watch these kids develop over the next two years. You said you're a coach so from that perspective I think you'll enjoy it. I watched almost every game in August and September and really enjoyed following Moncada, Lopez, Giolito, Anderson, Davidson, Yolmer, Delmonico and the rest of the young guys. With so many exciting young prospects still heading toward Chicago, there's a reason to be hopeful and positive. Plus, the Sox have the 4th pick and there are some really nice bats that should be there.

Thanks for the civil comment. It is good to hear. You know. I do not begrudge anyone who likes to follow young baseball players. I've coached a shit load of kids who I have followed in my lifetime, regardless of team affiliation. I loved coaching and teaching young ball players who wanted to get better.

The White Sox, though, are another issue with me. It is different because I just totally disagree with what they are doing. I disagree with the crap that they say they are doing because I do not believe them. But, I disagreed with their half assed approach beforehand. A series of cheap half measures in the hopes of catching lightening in a bottle, that somehow players on their down side of their careers making magical comebacks. I was sick of that shit also. The notion that I liked what Reinny did in the past was "good" in my eyes was just not true.

There are a few good people in the White Sox organization. Bell, Steverson, Hahn, and Cooper are smart experienced baseball people. And whoever is their ambassador to South American baseball is also very good. The PROBLEM from beginning to the end in Reinsdorf. I know that you and a pretty much everyone on this board except Rask, do not want to hear it, but it is true.

ALl that I ask is for people not to lie about this "rebuild" being so great. Don't lie about the supposed quality of the players and when they are going to be ready if ever. And don't nit pick about spelling, please:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The team is short on experience at the major league level. No one but you seem to have trouble with that.

The evidence at the major league level has been impressive albeit only about a third of a season in sample size.

The work done in the minors is encouraging on how high the ceiling is on out pitching prospects.

Even with the injury to Rodon I feel quite confident in the team going into 2018 with a starting rotation in the mid third and a team ready to win 75-82 games based on their strong finish.

Do you realize that many of the games that they won last season were with Sales, "Q", two quality relievers, two quality outfielders, and quality 3rd baseman on their team? Next years team will not have those guys. Seven of last year's team's quality players are not going to be there next year. YOu mocked me for saying that they would be lucky to win 70 games. That is why I said it. Next years pitching staff will not be as good. Next year's outfield will be poor. 3rd base may be a wash. What Andersen does is anyone's guess. Whether they keep Abreu is another consideration because of the money required to re-sign him. If they had a good owner, it would never had gotten to where is is right now but with this owner, I think he is as good as gone. Reinny will not pay the money.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Instead of everyone firing back n forth over something that no one knows what the outcome may be....why don't you guys just let it play out and see what happens.

Off topic....

Hawk you might have OCD over Reinsdorf.....but I absolutely love your signature.