Are the Bears preparing for a total meltdown by Bear nation if Glennon lays a turd?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are going to pull a George Costanza tomorrow night. The moment Glennon puts together one decent drive, they are gonna yank him the hell out of there. Gotta leave on a high note.

giphy.gif

swz01

Liked Posts:
But I thougnt we were going to parlay his one season with the bears into a 2nd or 3 rd draft choice this off season in a trade with some qb starved team.

If we were to end up with the 2nd or 3rd overall we better get at a minimum two future 1sts in addition to a lower first this year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even though it's pre-season... game #2, if the long necked cousin of Napoleon Dynamite comes out tomorrow night and sucks balls, the roar for Turblinski to start will be loud. Already Fox has been downplaying questions, Chicago media will keep driving that narrative. I can hear Fox's high pitched gravelly voice now, "Mike is our quarterback".

O.C.Dowell has to have a very careful script of successful play calling to help Glennon :dunno: show that Pace isn't an idiot and show the fans he's more capable than Cutler, Hoyer and Barkley.
I hope Loggains doesn't do that and suspect he won't. Glennon needs 'real' snaps. I don't think this is fan driven or that Pace has said anything to the staff about it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears are going to pull a George Costanza tomorrow night. The moment Glennon puts together one decent drive, they are gonna yank him the hell out of there. Gotta leave on a high note.

giphy.gif

I think they stay to script but if it's even close to time for a switch, they will jump on the opportunity but I think that's actually pretty common.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
most rationale people already know what we have with him. Only thing that matters is if he sucks again he will be untradeable for any assets in the next draft

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glennon is a one year quarterback. He will not be on the team next year. No one will trade for his contract unless he is really solid.

I am fairly certain the Bears want Trubisky to show he can read defenses and make play calls. Once he does that, there will be no turning back.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The talking points for not putting MT out there against a 1st team defense are he hasn't seen what some of these NFL defenses will throw at him...disguising coverages, crazy blitz packages, etc. Does he really need a whole season to be ready? He is certainly being shown film depicting the nuances of the more complicated defenses. 4 to 6 games sounds about right to get him out there.

Then there is always the "his confidence could be shattered" if he is put out there too soon.

I think regardless of when he starts is going to see things in the NFL that he has never seen before. He will Fell more pressured and see more exotic blitzes then he would ever see in practice.

The benefit for me is I would rather have him make the mistakes in preseason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Mike's gonna choke again. I hope he doesn't, but odds are on choking IMO.