Brett Kollmann breaks down the rookie QB's

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I only watched the Bears part of the video (starts at 4:50), but my GOD Trubisky looked sharp...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Brett does a fantastic job. Thanks for posting it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Awesome. Thanks. Pretty much good versions of their college play. It just seems Kizer and Trubisky are way ahead of schedule. More Trubisky. We know Kizer is a smart guy. He waits a little too long for guys to get open but he's got the size and arm to pull it off. If he ever loses that, he could turn as best of class but I suspect a bit of that will stay... and he could still be great. Mitchell seems to have made the most growth in the short time after college but we know he's a bit of a football nerd. He seems to have quickly grasped a lot of pro nuance. All these guys will have stumbles but it sure looks like Trubisky and Kizer are on there way to good starters.

Mahomes looked like a talented rookie finding his way and there's nothing wrong with that. I will say that his accuracy was lower than I was looking for. Watson looked like Watson but clearly less along in the intricacies of an NFL O than Trubs or Kizer. His arm and vision are still in question but it's so early. He looks to be the kind of QB that will benefit by being in the same O for a long time. I'm sure that no one in those cities is disappointed in their 1st outings.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Awsome break down of all the QBs.. To bad for the Watson fanboys.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson did great for a 1st outing. It was just overshadowed by Mitch and Kizer. Too early to point fingers.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
All 4 did very good and all seem to be either on pace or ahead of schedule. I would love for Mitch to get more time vs the 2s just to see how he handles the next step in his development. Also I want to see him today throw more from coming out of center and see him work there and maybe a shot down field to see if his deep ball accuracy has gotten better.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Funny Watson got the most hype but his most picked on, granted most of the hype was because there was nothing else to hype.
Be funnier if this horrible year for QBs produces 3-4 quality QBs.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Funny Watson got the most hype but his most picked on, granted most of the hype was because there was nothing else to hype.
Be funnier if this horrible year for QBs produces 3-4 quality QBs.

You gotta figure that one or two of these QBs will pan out into relatively decent starters.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dialed back my criticism of Kizer's play after Brett explained that they were blitzing the hell out of him. He still however spent nearly every passing play staring down his first read. That will kick him in the ass real quick in the NFL.

I was pretty disappointed he didn't point out the deep pass on 3rd and long as fuck that Trubisky converted for a first down. Or the fact he was accurate as fuck dropping dimes out there.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I dialed back my criticism of Kizer's play after Brett explained that they were blitzing the hell out of him. He still however spent nearly every passing play staring down his first read. That will kick him in the ass real quick in the NFL.

I was pretty disappointed he didn't point out the deep pass on 3rd and long as fuck that Trubisky converted for a first down. Or the fact he was accurate as fuck dropping dimes out there.

True, but I also am with Brett when he says Jackson can coach him up well. Hue's a damn good offensive mind.

Mitchapalooza

Watson seemed to abandon his downfield vision too quickly to scramble. I loved how Mitch kept his eyes down field the entire time. Loved the roll outs too, I wish they let Cutler do more of those early on here. He did well with them in Denver.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You gotta figure that one or two of these QBs will pan out into relatively decent starters.

Sure is looking like that is the least that should happen. I'm even thinking with play calling handled right any that get to start may look as good or better than Luck, Winston or Mariota's rookie years, although it's just preseason and I don't recall seeing any of those 3's preseason hype at the time.

I did find a video of Luck's first preseason to compare to Trubisky and I'm hopeful. I don't think Luck is all he was hyped up to be but he is a real QB and I think we finally got one.

Watson seemed to abandon his downfield vision too quickly to scramble. I loved how Mitch kept his eyes down field the entire time. Loved the roll outs too, I wish they let Cutler do more of those early on here. He did well with them in Denver.

I noticed that watching videos after the trade, roll out pass or toss to the RB and wondered why they weren't going with what worked for Cutler before. Didn't fit with Martz I guess.
If/when Trubisky starts I hope these coaches are more what works for their players than force the players into what the coach says should work.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
When is ESPN or NFL network hire this guy? He is awesome. Intelligent and almost precise analysis. Its a damn shame that skip bayless and Stephen a. Smith still have jobs and get paid well.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Comparing Stephen A. to this guy is like comparing Caleb Hanie to Tom Brady.

At least Kellerman is beginning to see the light...

[video=youtube_share;8nZnTbopCNQ]https://youtu.be/8nZnTbopCNQ[/video]

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guys like Brett rarely get network jobs because cable networks work on sensationalized reporting. They are only trying to attract viewers and clicks. Loudmouths, entertainers, drama and arguments draw people like moths to the flame. Until there is a larger market for film breakdown, he has a better chance at working for a team breaking down plays like Tom Thayer for instance or directly working for a coaching staff analyzing film.