Didn't realize how devastating the roughing the passer call on Trubisky could've been

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Isnt Connor Shaw practicing with the team or is he still healing. Sure seems like he would be the guy to get thrown out there late. I dont get this one or two series for sanchez either, other than to keep his trade value up waiting for some QB to get hurt like Mitchel almost did.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The DT went by left guard Cyril Richardson like a turnstile, and then he tripped over Richardson's right foot.

YINpEz.gif

The Lg (Richardson) was supposed to slow him up a bit and then let him through. It was a screen.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Isnt Connor Shaw practicing with the team or is he still healing. Sure seems like he would be the guy to get thrown out there late. I dont get this one or two series for sanchez either, other than to keep his trade value up waiting for some QB to get hurt like Mitchel almost did.

Shaw took the last snap of the game Saturday.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Lg (Richardson) was supposed to slow him up a bit and then let him through. It was a screen.

He tripped him on the way by, that wasn't a dirty play.

TrilliamShakespeare

Liked Posts:
The DT went by left guard Cyril Richardson like a turnstile, and then he tripped over Richardson's right foot.

YINpEz.gif

lol He clearly did not trip and deliberately dived at Trubisky's legs. Not only is Richardson's right foot nowhere near the DT's by the time he gets by, even if he had been tripped, you can see that the DT is able to maintain his balance for a good 2 or 3 yards after the fact and still go low on Trubisky. Him being "tripped" would not make the play any less dirty on AZ's part.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol He clearly did not trip and deliberately dived at Trubisky's legs. Not only is Richardson's right foot nowhere near the DT's by the time he gets by, even if he had been tripped, you can see that the DT is able to maintain his balance for a good 2 or 3 yards after the fact and still go low on Trubisky. Him being "tripped" would not make the play any less dirty on AZ's part.

He very obviously did trip over Richardson's feet, and the momentum propelled him into Trubisky's feet. In the OP video, you could see him stumbling. He had to try to keep moving his legs, otherwise he'd just fall on his face.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Wrapping up the knee makes it dirty whether tripped or not. It was probably because of inexperience but still. Tripping and running into the knee would still be a penalty. Wrapping up the knee is deliberate.
Is that even allowed in college?

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Why would there be less chance of injury with better players? Do 1st team players not get injured in the NFL?

I think the difference is nominal when it comes to who you are playing with.

The argument is that 3rd string defenders are guys who know they have to flash something on tape in the preseason to have any shot at earning a roster spot.

There are also a lot more "raw" talents on the field who don't understand the line between what is a dirty play and what is not.

Obviously we can't bubblewrap the guy. But we can expect the Bears to be smarter.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The argument is that 3rd string defenders are guys who know they have to flash something on tape in the preseason to have any shot at earning a roster spot.

There are also a lot more "raw" talents on the field who don't understand the line between what is a dirty play and what is not.

Obviously we can't bubblewrap the guy. But we can expect the Bears to be smarter.

I know what the argument is, but I don't think it makes much difference. If this is the case, if you truly want to keep the guys injury free, don't play them. Get rid of preseason.

That isn't practical right now. Glennon needs to play with the ones to work on timing with that team.

Could you imagine Fox going to the media and saying we are giving our starter less playing time to get ready for week 1 so our guy we drafted doesn't get injured....oh and by the way Sanchez we don't care if you get injured so we are playing him with the 3rd string keystone cops....

this isn't how it works.

TrilliamShakespeare

Liked Posts:
He very obviously did trip over Richardson's feet, and the momentum propelled him into Trubisky's feet. In the OP video, you could see him stumbling. He had to try to keep moving his legs, otherwise he'd just fall on his face.

Look at the gif you posted, he never comes close to tripping over Richardson's right foot. His "stumbling" that you see in the gif and the video is a combination of him leaning forward to accelerate so that he could he get to trubisky before he released the ball and him positioning himself/going low to attempt a dive at Trubisky.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I know what the argument is, but I don't think it makes much difference. If this is the case, if you truly want to keep the guys injury free, don't play them. Get rid of preseason.

That isn't practical right now. Glennon needs to play with the ones to work on timing with that team.

Could you imagine Fox going to the media and saying we are giving our starter less playing time to get ready for week 1 so our guy we drafted doesn't get injured....oh and by the way Sanchez we don't care if you get injured so we are playing him with the 3rd string keystone cops....

this isn't how it works.

Other teams like the Broncos have alternated starting QBs this preseason. There is no reason the Bears couldn't have done it without calling it an open competition.

We all know Glennon is not a franchise QB and so do the Bears. They can't sacrifice an opportunity to develop their future just to make sure Glennon can be at his mediocre best going into week 1 in a lost season. The same with Sanchez. It just doesn't matter.

They are both just placeholders.

Fox shouldn't give a fuck what the media or fans think about it. The Bears have a franchise QB to develop.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
This reminds me of that time that dirty Green Bay player trashed McMahon in 1986. Shortly after that, in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This reminds me of that time that dirty Green Bay player trashed McMahon in 1986. Shortly after that, in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table.

CVe8XM3WwAIcUR0.jpg

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Time for the boy to become a man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I deluded or did MT not anticipate and absorb the hit?

Maybe I'm going full meatball...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other teams like the Broncos have alternated starting QBs this preseason. There is no reason the Bears couldn't have done it without calling it an open competition.

We all know Glennon is not a franchise QB and so do the Bears. They can't sacrifice an opportunity to develop their future just to make sure Glennon can be at his mediocre best going into week 1 in a lost season. The same with Sanchez. It just doesn't matter.

They are both just placeholders.

Fox shouldn't give a fuck what the media or fans think about it. The Bears have a franchise QB to develop.

The Broncos are alternating because they don't know who will start. Their QB situation is different. The plan with Trubisky, at least at first blush, seems to be to bring him along slowly and get him acclimated.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The Broncos are alternating because they don't know who will start. Their QB situation is different. The plan with Trubisky, at least at first blush, seems to be to bring him along slowly and get him acclimated.

First blush having happened the moment they signed Glennon's contract.
That is a problem and should be for any fan or player.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
First blush having happened the moment they signed Glennon's contract.
That is a problem and should be for any fan or player.

The reason they signed Glennon has been discussed and explained ad nauseam.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The reason they signed Glennon has been discussed and explained ad nauseam.

Because they believed or because they were trying to fool everyone else? Those are just forum talk.
If you go with trying to fool everyone there would be no problem bumping him, but they sure do seem intent on forcing that peg into a hole it doesn't fit. And I'm even still open to the possibility that he really sucks in training and preseason but turns it up to being what he was during his starts in Tampa. That's just seeming less and less likely.
While I do agree Glennon vs Sanchez isn't a big argument no matter who wins, Glennon is looking nearly Collins level bad.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, this is not about Glennon. It is about moving Trubisky at a pace they are comfortable with.

If Trubisky, in their eyes gets ahead of schedule I am sure they will move him up.

You guys think Trubisky can be put in as a plug and play in a pro style offense. My guess is they still want him comfortable being under center. He doesn't need to work with the 1s to work on fundamentals. But Glennon does need to work with the starters to get timing down in order to start.

I hope Trubisky picks things up quickly and the coaches feel he is ready to make that jump.

I don't think a lot of people here grasp that it may take time to get Trubisky ready for a pro offense playing under center so things come natural to him and he can make reads without having to worry about footwork dropping back from center and the like.