Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has no upside by saying that and not giving him reps with the 1s.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've decided, Fox should ask me.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Fox isn't controlled by the media, which is one of his few, good qualities. If there's someone playing better behind the starter, he'll take a look at the situation no matter how much they're making or their draft status. He does put a premium on veterans though.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am cornvinced Fox just likes to play poke the bear..................fans. He loves pissing us off.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox isn't controlled by the media, which is one of his few, good qualities. If there's someone playing better behind the starter, he'll take a look at the situation no matter how much they're making or their draft status. He does put a premium on veterans though.

Yeah veterans that play like veterans and not like rookies.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I don't think that solves his problem. It makes it worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean he wants people to stop asking him the question. And he knows he wants to play Glennon so he doesn't want to say so now to enjoy a few more days of "you are dumb" free living.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean he wants people to stop asking him the question. And he knows he wants to play Glennon so he doesn't want to say so now to enjoy a few more days of "you are dumb" free living.

So he buys himself, what, a day? Everybody expects Glennon to start anyway, it benefits him none to say that just to walk it back a little over a day later. It's not like Fox to open himself up to baseless questions.

I expect Glennon to start on Sunday but Fox wouldn't say this if it wasn't under serious consideration.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please let the experts handle this....

None of you here are smarter about football than the Bears org. You may be disappointed with their performance but they know a hell of a lot more about football than any of us.

They aren't getting a realization that Trubisky should be finally playing with the 1s later than any of us.

This is not about Glennon v Trubisky. This should be what is best for Trubisky. Whether it is playing with the 1s or not. His development is of more import than winning games this year. It sucks to hear, but that is the truth. If the Bears think he is best served being brought along slowly, then that is what they should do.

As with anything, the situation can change and he may be developing faster than expected. If they think that it would be best served to bring Trubisky in faster; then they will do it.

I think everyone here needs to understand this....you do not know more or have a better understanding of football or what it takes to get a player ready for football than the coaching staff. You are not privy to information about the players and their abilities or what goes behind closed doors.

I want them to do what is best for getting Trubisky to be what we all hope he can be. If that means sitting him a year and watching Glennon throw up all over the field; I am fine with that.

Mitchapalooza

None of you here are smarter about football than the Bears org. You may be disappointed with their performance but they know a hell of a lot more about football than any of us.

They aren't getting a realization that Trubisky should be finally playing with the 1s later than any of us.

This is not about Glennon v Trubisky. This should be what is best for Trubisky. Whether it is playing with the 1s or not. His development is of more import than winning games this year. It sucks to hear, but that is the truth. If the Bears think he is best served being brought along slowly, then that is what they should do.

As with anything, the situation can change and he may be developing faster than expected. If they think that it would be best served to bring Trubisky in faster; then they will do it.

I think everyone here needs to understand this....you do not know more or have a better understanding of football or what it takes to get a player ready for football than the coaching staff. You are not privy to information about the players and their abilities or what goes behind closed doors.

I want them to do what is best for getting Trubisky to be what we all hope he can be. If that means sitting him a year and watching Glennon throw up all over the field; I am fine with that.

Sir, I have over 15,000 posts on a Bears message board. I think I know better than the coaches do.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I think you need to realize this is a message board. The front office most likely does not have a bookmark to CCS. And we are not going to agree with everything the Bears' organization does. We are allowed to voice our disagreements and they have no bearing on letting them do anything.

Development has nothing to do with it. It has pretty much been proven that it cannot be proven that starting a QB too soon can make or break them. If he was going to break from being started too soon he would likely break being started late.
What it is about is who gives you the best chance of winning now and who gives you the best chance of winning sooner. Trubisky is the guy on both counts. Don't start him until next year and next year will be his mistake filled year.
The only reason to start Glennon is if the plan is to be going for the #1 pick in 2018.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
So he buys himself, what, a day? Everybody expects Glennon to start anyway, it benefits him none to say that just to walk it back a little over a day later. It's not like Fox to open himself up to baseless questions.

I expect Glennon to start on Sunday but Fox wouldn't say this if it wasn't under serious consideration.

He's not really lying though. They are going to consider letting Trubs play with 1's probably in the third quarter. In a typical third game we wouldn't see Trubs until the 4th quarter. They are probably not discussing outright starting him over Glennon or not allowing Glennon to play the full first half with the 1's.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

This is why so many of our past coaches are fired, as were gm's. I would have hired Arians over Tres in a heartbeat. I would not have re-signed Jay Cutler. So yes, they are obviously smarter, but it's not like decisions shouldn't be questioned, like Langford starting over Howard last season.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you need to realize this is a message board. The front office most likely does not have a bookmark to CCS. And we are not going to agree with everything the Bears' organization does. We are allowed to voice our disagreements and they have no bearing on letting them do anything.

Development has nothing to do with it. It has pretty much been proven that it cannot be proven that starting a QB too soon can make or break them. If he was going to break from being started too soon he would likely break being started late.
What it is about is who gives you the best chance of winning now and who gives you the best chance of winning sooner. Trubisky is the guy on both counts. Don't start him until next year and next year will be his mistake filled year.
The only reason to start Glennon is if the plan is to be going for the #1 pick in 2018.

This is a shallow, short sided view.

Don't you think there could be any other reason than to simply tank?

This is simply not about winning games. This is about what gives Trubisky the best chance of being the franchise QB for the future.

If the Bears wanted to tank they could have done it for cheaper.