IST: Cubs @ Reds

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I will be the happiest guy in world the day Lackey pitches his last game as a cub in September....

This guy just turns my stomach....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I may be in the minority but I love Lackey. He has absolutely nothing stuff wise but competes his ass off every time out. Sometimes, like last night, it's not enough but often it is. Dude's a bulldog and I like that.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I may be in the minority but I love Lackey. He has absolutely nothing stuff wise but competes his ass off every time out. Sometimes, like last night, it's not enough but often it is. Dude's a bulldog and I like that.
I know he been good his last 11 starts, basically going 5/6 IP giving up 2-3 runs in all but 2 bad starts...

Just something about him that irritates me..lol

Just not a Lackey guy [emoji41]

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I have no problem with Lackey. He does what he's supposed to do. Eats innings and generally keeps the Cubs in the game. Not sure what else is expected of a BOR guy.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I have no problem with Lackey. He does what he's supposed to do. Eats innings and generally keeps the Cubs in the game. Not sure what else is expected of a BOR guy.

He doesn't eat enough innings IS the problem. Rarely makes it past the 5th inning. He's a bullpen killer.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
He doesn't eat enough innings IS the problem. Rarely makes it past the 5th inning. He's a bullpen killer.

Yes, but ideally in the rotation since the Q trade he's your 5th starter and he's likely to throw 175 innings. How many 5th, or even 4th starters throw 175 innings? He's as old as methuselah and really has very little left but gives you effort every single time out. Of course the issue with him is that he isn't productive any more and is likely to only finish with about .5 WAR which tells me he's done but I certainly can't put any blame on him.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
DH7tyH5XkAAtvcc.jpg

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Schwarber and Jay both 1-5 and Almora is still on the bench.

Schwarber is slashing .278/.391/.481 .872 OPS .377 wOBA 131 wRC+ in the month of August. Is there a reason he shouldn't be playing? I do agree that I'd rather see Almora over Jay though but I also don't have the data Maddon has in front of him.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Maddon going with his all LH hitting lineup tonight besides Baez.......

Well, this usually does not work well either. Give the guy one side of the plate to hit consistently. We all know what happens the game after the cubs score in the teens.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
The r/l platoon of Jay and Almora is fine to continue. Assuming Bryant is out, you still have Almora to use against a lefty late in the game for say LaStella

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Great game for Heyward so far, 2 for 2 with 2 rbi singles.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
People have some weird expectations.