IST: Cubs @ Reds

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Who needs Bryant when you got 3AM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I literally got done saying cubs scored all these runs the last 2 days without homers, then they hit 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Wow La Stella with the 2 run shot. 5 runs this inning 9-0 Cubs after 4, offense is on fire.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
You know, the average whoops home run from Schwarbs.

He's really got some absurd power. I'm not sure it's Stanton level but he's hitting .202 and still has 21 HRs in roughly 390 PAs.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He's really got some absurd power. I'm not sure it's Stanton level but he's hitting .202 and still has 21 HRs in roughly 390 PAs.
That the frustrating part...

He has that power but kills himself with the strikeouts...

Hopefully it comes with maturity as he gains ABs..
Once he limits the Ks and all , he could very easily be no worse then a .260 hitter with 35 + homers over a full season..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Ok, is Rondon just throwing BP fastballs ...

Lets go, get the damn 3rd out already

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ahhh, Cincinnati.

Masters of meaningless home runs.

5 in two nights.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Gotta feel for Rich Hill. Couldn't get the guy a run in 9 innings.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
That the frustrating part...

He has that power but kills himself with the strikeouts...

Hopefully it comes with maturity as he gains ABs..
Once he limits the Ks and all , he could very easily be no worse then a .260 hitter with 35 + homers over a full season..

For a guy with 650ish PA a 29.9% career k rate isn't *that* bad. Keep in mind Bryant through his first 650 PAs had a k rate of 30.6%. I'm not sure he'll go all the way down to ~19% like Bryant has but he should reasonably get under 25%. Bigger thing for me is him learning to live with the shift.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
For a guy with 650ish PA a 29.9% career k rate isn't *that* bad. Keep in mind Bryant through his first 650 PAs had a k rate of 30.6%. I'm not sure he'll go all the way down to ~19% like Bryant has but he should reasonably get under 25%. Bigger thing for me is him learning to live with the shift.
I was looking at the 30.9% for the season...

Considering most those other ABs were from 2015, he gotten slightly worse there this year..

Shift is another story, I will say he gotten better hitting against it lately with going the other way more then usual....

I just hope the kid works on stuff over the winter, which he couldn't do last 2 off seasons..
Come back next year being more prepared and ready to go

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Considering most those other ABs were from 2015, he gotten slightly worse there this year..

A 1% difference is largely meaningless(29 to 30%) especially when you consider he was in a slump. The slump wasn't caused by k's either. They were a symptom of larger issues. If you want to argue he hasn't improved that's fine but really anything under 2-3% is probably just noise in the data not something indicative.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
A 1% difference is largely meaningless(29 to 30%) especially when you consider he was in a slump. The slump wasn't caused by k's either. They were a symptom of larger issues. If you want to argue he hasn't improved that's fine but really anything under 2-3% is probably just noise in the data not something indicative.
I wasnt arguing or making any point with that.. just saying my origional comment was based on this year percentage, not overall..
Guess i should of worded better

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Gotta feel for Rich Hill. Couldn't get the guy a run in 9 innings.

Did you see how close Granderson came to catching that home run though? Three years ago he made that catch and its in the history books as the greatest no hit save ever.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

Shift is another story, I will say he gotten better hitting against it lately with going the other way more then usual....

I just hope the kid works on stuff over the winter, which he couldn't do last 2 off seasons..
Come back next year being more prepared and ready to go

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I've said it a lot but the way to look at Schwarber and his success is as a hitter, not a slugger. If you thought of him as a slugger. 30% K range is fine, if you're talking about a slugger. Joey Gallo is a at 2.9 WAR with a 127 wRC+ with a 37.1% K rate and that's acceptable. Schwarber, on the other hand, was a 60 grade hit tool prospect and hit .330 in the minor leagues. Theo and the rest of the FO have always looked at him as a hitter with power, not a slugger, so ideally you want him at 25% K rate or below. To me the goal for 2018 would be to slowly work him back in against lefties, bring the K rate down to 25% and continue to work on beating the shift which he's had some success with. If he ever got to 20%, which I don't know if he will, he'd be as good a hitter as Rizzo and Bryant. Still the way he's bounced back in this second half has made me more impressed with the kid, not less.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Fukn Strops..

I knew they'd blow this one late, after the bats decided to call it quits and stop scoring ..

Cubs will make playoffs but their 2 biggest hold up in advancing will be either the bats freeze up or the bullpen will blow leads late..

Outside of Davis and Edwards, i trust noone in that pen..

PickSix

Liked Posts:
And why is Happ playing CF late in a tight game instead of Almora?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Strop's ok unless it's a close game...he's kind of a choker.

Of course, if Almora is in the game I think he catches that double.