IST: Cubs vs Pirates

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He got lucky. Any catcher takes a lousy step or two to third has Baez dead to rights.
Of course they were lucky..

Last year Lester pulled back on safety squeeze. Baez wasn't too far down line stopped and took off as throw made to 3rd...

If catcher stepped towards 3rd before throwing, Javy would of gotten back to base..

This year. I think a signal was missed on a squeeze..
Baez was further down line before he hesitated back and took off running to plate when catcher threw..

Catcher threw when he saw Javy body turned toward 3rd not expecting him to turn around and go home that quick..
Think Javy was Lucky to of timed it right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He got lucky. Any catcher takes a lousy step or two to third has Baez dead to rights.

Well, he is 2 for 2. You should teach instructional catching at the major league level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Of course they were lucky..

Last year Lester pulled back on safety squeeze. Baez wasn't too far down line stopped and took off as throw made to 3rd...

If catcher stepped towards 3rd before throwing, Javy would of gotten back to base..

This year. I think a signal was missed on a squeeze..
Baez was further down line before he hesitated back and took off running to plate when catcher threw..

Catcher threw when he saw Javy body turned toward 3rd not expecting him to turn around and go home that quick..
Think Javy was Lucky to of timed it right

As soon as Javy commits to third he gets thrown out by the catcher who took a step or two toward the runner. Plain and simple

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well, he is 2 for 2. You should teach instructional catching at the major league level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep drinking the kool aid instead of actually knowing the game for this play. It was a busted squeeze play. Baez should have been an out without the mental mistake of the catcher.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
As soon as Javy commits to third he gets thrown out by the catcher who took a step or two toward the runner. Plain and simple
On the recent steal of home..
That the thing he didnt fully commit..
He forced the throw by turning towards 3rd as if he were heading back and then quickly turned back and ran home..

Like i said he was Lucky with his timing..

No catcher gonna hold the ball and take a couple steps down the line when a runner back is to them..
Then you'll be all over him for holding the ball too long had Baez went back to 3rd safely..

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
On the recent steal of home..
That the thing he didnt fully commit..
He forced the throw by turning towards 3rd as if he were heading back and then quickly turned back and ran home..

Like i said he was Lucky with his timing..

No catcher gonna hold the ball and take a couple steps down the line when a runner back is to them..
Then you'll be all over him for holding the ball too long had Baez went back to 3rd safely..

Every catcher takes those steps because there is no runner on the planet that makes it back in time.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Baez back was not to the catcher, only his should makes a move back to third