Buddy Bell: Watching Kopech as good as it gets...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From the Sun Times:

"Buddy Bell sized up the White Sox’ spruced-up farm system like this Tuesday: “Our games are a lot more fun to watch.’’

The Sox’ rebuild has stocked the system with high-ceiling talents such as 21-year-old right-hander Michael Kopech, acquired in the Chris Sale trade, and 20-year-old outfielder Eloy Jimenez, who was snagged from the Cubs in the Jose Quintana trade.

Bell, the assistant to general manager Rick Hahn and former director of player development, is with the team as it opened a three-game series against the Twins on Tuesday at Target Field, and he brought manager Rick Renteria up to speed on Kopech’s progress.

“I was telling Ricky today that if I had a chance to see one more game in my life, it would be with him on the mound,’’ Bell said. “Just his presence, the kind of teammate he is and the way he finishes innings is exceptional. But the thing I like most about him is he’s much more mature than his age. He’s way ahead of the curve.’’

Continued at link below...

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/buddy-bell-says-theres-better-than-watching-kopech-pitch/

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Rodon, Giolito, Kopech, and Lopez for 2019, plus either vet FA or Hanson or perhaps someone else steps up. And they will really have some $ to spend then as well with so few big contracts.

Pretty Exciting.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Rodon, Giolito, Kopech, and Lopez for 2019, plus either vet FA or Hanson or perhaps someone else steps up. And they will really have some $ to spend then as well with so few big contracts.

Pretty Exciting.

Possibly Dane Dunning... He's pretty damn good.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just think none of this would be possible if we waited another few years to dump players while team doing nothing like hawk wanted. Look at tigers dumping players just for salary relief and getting lots of shit in return.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Pretty Exciting.

This weekend Lopez, Rodon and Giolito... I believe Kopech is making his final start of the year at AAA tonight and then they're shutting him down.