Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
fox is doing a very good job in my opinion

between fox and pace this team went from old af and needing a total rebuild to we look to be on the rise and this season should prove it we are a lot younger faster and more talented all across the board ffs
it takes time to rebuild a team

Will be interesting to see how Fox handles this season. He has incentive to win, a D that looks ready to be good and an O that should score more points while also being more steady.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

between fox and pace this team went from old af and needing a total rebuild to we look to be on the rise and this season should prove it we are a lot younger faster and more talented all across the board ffs
I don't disagree. I think the coaches and GM know exactly where their strengths and weaknesses are.

I think they are going to try to win this season using the running game and the defense as the driving force. It is a template that has proven successful in the past when you have a young athletic players on defense and a very strong running game. The Super Bowl Buccaneers and the Superbowl Ravens are examples of teams winning with this formula. That doesn't mean I think the Bears are going to the Super Bowl, but it's a template that can work in a short period of time. But issue here is sustainability.

I think the GM and Fox know they need to start stacking wins this year and they took the safest route to do so while at the same time developing their quarterback for the future who they intend to start next year.

That is why I think we saw a lot of handoffs in the 4th preseason game. How do you get a quarterback without game experience the experience he needs while not getting him killed while playing against scrubs? You have him do everything but throw and let him continually hand the ball off.

That being said, if the season ends up lost I think we see trubisky sooner rather than later in the starting role. But to see that, I think the Bears have to mathematically be eliminated from the playoffs first.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't disagree. I think the coaches and GM know exactly where their strengths and weaknesses are.

I think they are going to try to win this season using the running game and the defense as the driving force. It is a template that has proven successful in the past when you have a young athletic players on defense and a very strong running game. The Super Bowl Buccaneers and the Superbowl Ravens are examples of teams winning with this formula. That doesn't mean I think the Bears are going to the Super Bowl, but it's a template that can work in a short period of time. But issue here is sustainability.

I think the GM and Fox know they need to start stacking wins this year and they took the safest route to do so while at the same time developing their quarterback for the future who they intend to start next year.

That is why I think we saw a lot of handoffs in the 4th preseason game. How do you get a quarterback without game experience the experience he needs while not getting him killed while playing against scrubs? You have him do everything but throw and let him continually hand the ball off.

That being said, if the season ends up lost I think we see trubisky sooner rather than later in the starting role. But to see that, I think the Bears have to mathematically be eliminated from the playoffs first.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

And the Super Bowl Seahawks...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Preseason doesn't mean shit, but the first 3 games we scored 17, 24 and 19. As bad as I think Glennon is, I think we have a better shot at scoring more points then we did last year with Hoyer.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

The young ones don't seem to understand that and don't seem to understand that a rebuild is gonna take time and that time will be more than 3 years especially when you're doing a full on rebuild and building mostly through the draft. Patience people patience.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Preseason doesn't mean shit, but the first 3 games we scored 17, 24 and 19. As bad as I think Glennon is, I think we have a better shot at scoring more points then we did last year with Hoyer.

actually I think it is less dependent on the offense than it is the defense...

more turnovers mean a shorter field and more points scored. Bears were middle of the pack in yards per game on offense and were either dead last or second to last in average starting position.

Defense was dead last in takeaways. If they can get close to average in takeaways you will put the offense in better position to score points.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

more turnovers mean a shorter field and more points scored. Bears were middle of the pack in yards per game on offense and were either dead last or second to last in average starting position.

Defense was dead last in takeaways. If they can get close to average in takeaways you will put the offense in better position to score points.

True and that makes sense especially when you lack talent at the QB/WR positions. Hoyer and Glennon are two QB's who aren't going to be capable of producing 80 yard drives every series.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I am not a Fox fan at all and would love to see him fired. I would love nothing more than to see Harbaugh take over with Fangio as his DC. Harbaugh would be a great mentor to Trubisky. This has been discussed at length before, but one can dream.

The alarming thing to me this preseason, and yes I know it is just preseason, is the lack of turnovers once again. 2 TOs in 4 games. We were terrible in that department last year and if it does not improve this year, that does not bode well for us to improve much on the 3 win season with a much tougher schedule.

Scoring is a concern too because the O is probably going to be meh at best with that set of WRs and the Giraffe at QB.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
True and that makes sense especially when you lack talent at the QB/WR positions. Hoyer and Glennon are two QB's who aren't going to be capable of producing 80 yard drives every series.

certainly they won't. Brady can't do it either.

The Bears had a better offense than the Chiefs last year. More yards per game. Yet Kansas City scored 6.4 more points per game than they Bears.

Why? Turnovers and field position. The Chiefs had much better average starting field position and were +16 in turnovers. Bears were -11.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not a Fox fan at all and would love to see him fired. I would love nothing more than to see Harbaugh take over with Fangio as his DC. Harbaugh would be a great mentor to Trubisky. This has been discussed at length before, but one can dream.

The alarming thing to me this preseason, and yes I know it is just preseason, is the lack of turnovers once again. 2 TOs in 4 games. We were terrible in that department last year and if it does not improve this year, that does not bode well for us to improve much on the 3 win season with a much tougher schedule.

Scoring is a concern too because the O is probably going to be meh at best with that set of WRs and the Giraffe at QB.

so you would love too see our rookie qb learn a new offense every season like we did with another qb we had recently?
consistency and building into the system is how championship teams and dynasties are built look no further than new England or hell even Rodgers career
if you change coaches and staffs and systems every fucking season why not just be the browns
we could try a little patience and give it time fox is a good if not great coach his system is proven and has produced super bowl teams
pace seems to be good at evaluating talent and fixing weaknesses
so everyone please

giphy.gif

Washington

Liked Posts:
so you would love too see our rookie qb learn a new offense every season like we did with another qb we had recently?
consistency and building into the system is how championship teams and dynasties are built look no further than new England or hell even Rodgers career
if you change coaches and staffs and systems every fucking season why not just be the browns
we could try a little patience and give it time fox is a good if not great coach his system is proven and has produced super bowl teams
pace seems to be good at evaluating talent and fixing weaknesses
so everyone please

Please don't equate changing systems once (the recommendation) to changing it every year.

Teams do make coaching changes that ultimately lead to Super Bowl appearances.

Fox produced 2 teams who went to Super Bowls but he's won none in 15 years as a head coach. In 15 years as a HC, he's only had 6 seasons where his team exceeded .500. I think Elway is still celebrating his decision to can Fox because he got a Super Bowl win the very next season. If Fox was our HC for 15 years and we win 0 SBs and are only above .500 6 times, would you be happy with that?

Why stick with an old HC who is far past his prime when a better one who can actually develop a young QB, the future of the franchise, could possibly be had? My opinion is that I'd love Fox replaced by Harbaugh. The sooner, the better.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please don't equate changing systems once (the recommendation) to changing it every year.

Teams do make coaching changes that ultimately lead to Super Bowl appearances.

Fox produced 2 teams who went to Super Bowls but he's won none in 15 years as a head coach. In 15 years as a HC, he's only had 6 seasons where his team exceeded .500. I think Elway is still celebrating his decision to can Fox because he got a Super Bowl win the very next season. If Fox was our HC for 15 years and we win 0 SBs and are only above .500 6 times, would you be happy with that?

Why stick with an old HC who is far past his prime when a better one who can actually develop a young QB, the future of the franchise, could possibly be had? My opinion is that I'd love Fox replaced by Harbaugh. The sooner, the better.

fact is most coaches fail so we go through at least 3 if not more and of course then we will need a new gm because the gm will end up fired too ill stick with the proven guy whos system I know works
and Denver was competitive every season forevs with fox at the helm id rather have someone who keeps us in it than 3 new idiots who wreck the team and in the process our new qb no ty

Washington

Liked Posts:
fact is most coaches fail so we go through at least 3 if not more and of course then we will need a new gm because the gm will end up fired too ill stick with the proven guy whos system I know works
and Denver was competitive every season forevs with fox at the helm id rather have someone who keeps us in it than 3 new idiots who wreck the team and in the process our new qb no ty

Knowing Pace did not want Fox makes me think something might happen if things don't really improve this year (hopefully they do). We'll just have to wait and see. I'm really hoping for Harbaugh though but I realize that is a long shot. Harbaugh would stick with Fangio I'd bet because they worked together well in SF.

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, this is our problem moving forward...

FVjxBWL.png

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, this is our problem moving forward...

FVjxBWL.png

lol hes not a problem hes what you call a placeholder hes there to give our rookie qb the very best chance to succeed the following year

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

What did we have 1 maybe 2 turnovers in 4 preseason games?? SMDH