Here's our problem moving forward

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I said this last pre- season. Some said ' it's just pre- season. '[/I ]And it carried over into the regular season. We aren't scoring points. This has and will continue to hurt us moving forward

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said this last pre- season. Some said ' it's just pre- season. '[/I ]And it carried over into the regular season. We aren't scoring points. This has and will continue to hurt us moving forward

I agree & that will be a problem again this year until the Bears get more weapons. Also Glennon will not stretch defenses so the running game will stall out.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's what goes on the scoreboard in preseason but there definitely is some odd ways of thinking going on at the Bears. If Trubisky succeeds it will be in spite of the Bears.

AussieBear

laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
1985 Bears went 1-3 in the preseason

/thread

2016 Chicago Bears Statistics & Players
Record: 3-13-0, 4th NFC North Division (Schedule and Results)

Coach: John Fox (3-13-0)

Points For: 279 (17.4/g) 28th of 32

Points Against: 399 (24.9/g) 24th of 32

----

1984 Chicago Bears Statistics & Players
Previous Season Next Season

Record: 10-6-0, 1st NFC Central Division (Schedule and Results)

Coach: Mike Ditka (10-6-0)

Points For: 325 (20.3/g) 16th of 28

Points Against: 248 (15.5/g) 3rd of 28

Expected W-L: 10.5-5.5

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you're saying the Bears need to score points in order to win games?

giphy.gif

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Our biggest problem moving forward is John Fox.

Every mock offseason by Windy needs to start with firing John Fox and bringing in a HC with an offensive background.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You aren't wrong but it's odd to bring that up after this game where we gave a shit about scoring points and no one (with minor exceptions)that will actually play was on the field. Now many carries did Howard have in the preseason?

This is brilliant stuff. We go 4-12 and I never even considered that we didn't score enough points.:thinking:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree & that will be a problem again this year until the Bears get more weapons. Also Glennon will not stretch defenses so the running game will stall out.

He'll stretch it more than Hoyer and not give it up like Barkley. Not a destination but the best option at placeholder.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our biggest problem moving forward is John Fox.

fox is doing a very good job in my opinion

between fox and pace this team went from old af and needing a total rebuild to we look to be on the rise and this season should prove it we are a lot younger faster and more talented all across the board ffs
it takes time to rebuild a team

Visionman

Liked Posts:
With a solid running game and WRs (and a QB) that isn't going to stretch the field deep, they are going to have to get creative in spreading it out wide. No true #1 WR may help for now, as even though there isn't a legit receiving threat (I think Shaheen will develop into that), there are multiple targets and the ball should be spread around to them all. Defenses won't be able to key in on just one.

They won't score fast, and probably not a lot, but if they can extend some drives, flip field position, and keep the defense from getting gassed....they have a shot to win more than they lose...