Here's our problem moving forward

discplayer

Liked Posts:
2016 was about the same except replace #1 with Cutler and #2 wasn't as big an issue since we had Alshon.

Give me a friggin' break. Pace chose white because he was a beast, an extremely athletic and fast WR who was also huge (6'3 215lb), and competed in an a conference loaded with athletes. This, and he stood out! Why WOULDN'T you draft him? He had no significant injury history to speak of, so checked EACH AND EVERY box for a team absolutely starving for talent at the WR position (AJ was not enough and Marshall was cancerous).

Quit saying Pace blew it with White. Seriously, just stop it. You are saying that now after the fact, in hindsight. Know one could see this coming for Kevin. For many evaluating, he was going to go high, if not to us, to someone one after. He friggin' killed it at WVU, and had all the talent needed to be a beast at the next level. . . Who among us knew he was going to get injured, get injured again, and yet again? . . . That's right. Not a one of you.

Pace gets a pass on White because he took what he and others (even if not all others) thought was the best WR at the #7 position.

Give it a rest, and let the poor kid be. He has done nothing wrong, and Pace's only fault is that he believed in a kid who checked each and every one of the boxes, most especially the all-important character box. Kevin White already is and strives to be a good dude. Let him be and quit being such monumental jerks!

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
White looked like an athlete, not an NFL wide receiver. Pace couldn't see it but I never thought he ever resembled anything like a top college wide out like green, Julio or Beckham. Actually reminded me of Darin McFadden more than anything

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think the DB spot is going to be an issue.

WR was derailed with injuries to their 1 and 2 WR and no I am not talking about White.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point, we'd better with White available. Says what sort of shape we're in even though Pace really tried to address it.

I didn't see anyone on the team giving up on Glennon or looking over at Trubisky on Sunday. Looks more like they rallied for him when they had to.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
it's not the preseason.....and we are still not scoring points in week 2 ( which was almost a shutout).

Washington

Liked Posts:
Poor "O" scoring output did us in again.

You are asking for a lot if you expect our O to score more than 1 TD in a single game. We rely on 2 TD/ST scores to win.

I believe I heard that we have scored 3 points on opening drives this year. That can't be right can it? If so, that John Fox and his OC are creating some brilliant game plans and opening drive play scripts.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
Poor "O" scoring output did us in again.

You are asking for a lot if you expect our O to score more than 1 TD in a single game. We rely on 2 TD/ST scores to win.

I believe I heard that we have scored 3 points on opening drives this year. That can't be right can it? If so, that John Fox and his OC are creating some brilliant game plans and opening drive play scripts.

looking at what we did last yr. (17pts. a game) and what we're doing this yr , I just think it's to bad our "O" can't pick up the slack. What really bothers me is when ppl. come down on our "D".

ON John Fox.....I really thought is was b.s. that we we're punting late in the Eagles game. We're down by about 30 pts. and we were punting.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
33 to 7 THIS IS WHAT WE NEED MOVING FORWARD

tenor.gif

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
33 to 7 THIS IS WHAT WE NEED MOVING FORWARD

Congratulations Einstein.

We beat a demoralized Bengal's team that pretty much quit on the field. Next year hopefully we can get 16 teams that play like that.

We need to beat a team that shows up like that before I start to get any level of excitement.