IST: Cubs @ Pirates

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Can someone tell Happ that Dhalsim from Street Fighter isn't playing first base.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Here we go ..
Cubs bats are dead and pirates gonna get 1 or 2 late to win this one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Quick, somebody get a tampon!

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Nice job by AA! Guy has been the most clutch player since he's got here.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Finally a clutch hit and a 1 2 3 inning by a reliever...

Big win..needed that

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Q and the bullpen deserve a lot of credit, too. Nice, solid team win.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
last night hurt, but 1-1 over last two is as good as we could say we deserved.

Two good pitching performances from starters, so that is a good sign. (Though it's the pirates, so....)

Heard on broadcast - Cole has thrown 16 innings against us in two starts, allowing 1 unearned run. Cubs won both 1-0.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
last night hurt, but 1-1 over last two is as good as we could say we deserved.

Two good pitching performances from starters, so that is a good sign. (Though it's the pirates, so....)

Heard on broadcast - Cole has thrown 16 innings against us in two starts, allowing 1 unearned run. Cubs won both 1-0.

Wouldn't mind dealing for him in the off season. Pirates will need to offload him soon.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Here we go ..
Cubs bats are dead and pirates gonna get 1 or 2 late to win this one

Last night was a beautiful ballgame, a good old fashioned pitcher's duel. My favorite kind of game if I'm being honest as I love great pitching. My question is why do you say things like this during a game? Do you really just expect to lose games where they don't have a big lead? In contrast when Q got through that sixth inning I was sure a win was coming. I don't get expecting to lose. Not a criticism, we've been through this too many times for that, just an observation.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Last night was a beautiful ballgame, a good old fashioned pitcher's duel. My favorite kind of game if I'm being honest as I love great pitching. My question is why do you say things like this during a game? Do you really just expect to lose games where they don't have a big lead? In contrast when Q got through that sixth inning I was sure a win was coming. I don't get expecting to lose. Not a criticism, we've been through this too many times for that, just an observation.
I agree it was a good game to watch as far as a pitchers duel concerned..

As a fan of a team trying to win a division and make the playoffs,even though it cool to see those type of games you hate to be on losing end in September when you need to win..

To answer your question....
Again just spouting off in the moment of a tough game you want your team to win and my words were based on pretty much what happened the games before..
Bats been quiet, 4 runs total through at time last 35 innings..
Bullpen been shaky and blew the game late the night before..

So you know.. it felt like here we go again..

But just so you know..
I don't sit and agonize over every pitch and out when I'm sitting watching at home..

I watch the games I enjoy the games..
I make my comments on here cause I'm usually watching alone so you know just sharing the moment aggravation or happiness with you all..[emoji16]

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to tell people how to be a fan or anything but it does bug me when I see that sort of mentality. I feel like it plays into the loser narrative where cubs fans just expect something bad to happen and screw them over. I feel like you ask 10 cardinals fans what they think in a 0-0 game in the same situation the cubs have been in and they would probably say the cards are a good team and have a good shot to win. I mean I suppose I understand the logic given what cubs fans have been through but it's also why I've never really cared about wins or losses. I just enjoy watching the ups and the downs.

Full disclosure, I'm probably a bit of a homer in that I think most games are winnable. Even games that are 4-5 runs down i don't really worry too much about until the 5th or 6th inning. With that being said, if someone gets pissed off after they go down several runs early I am not that annoyed by that. It's when I see a tie game and people already talking like the cubs have lost that annoys me. It's frankly why I don't post in IST much anymore. The cubs are on pace to win 89 games and I think last i looked the odds they make the playoffs is like 95%. So when I see the constant talk about various parts of the team being shit i just shake my head. In the past I'd probably have made more of a concerted effort to show why people are wrong but more often than not now I just ignore it because people don't seem to care. Some people seem to enjoy the misery.

I don't know maybe I'm just old. I've watched a lot of baseball in my time and it's really hard for me to get worked up over fairly trivial things. Baseball is a grind. The average hitter in baseball is hitting .259 meaning roughly 75% of the time they fail. A 90 win team which is generally a very successful season loses roughly 45% of the time. To paraphrase bull durham, the difference between hitting .250 and .300 is 1 hit a week. Those are the margins you're talking about. I feel like people conflate a struggling young player with the shit the cubs had in 2012-13. Those teams had shit players. Say what you want about Schwarber but he has the ability to hit 40 HRs in a full season. Outside of Soriano in 2012 and maybe Rizzo in 13 the cubs didn't have anyone on the roster with that kind of ability.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quintana's outing last night was very good. If that's the Q the Cubs get for most of the remaining contract, it was a good trade.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Quintana's outing last night was very good. If that's the Q the Cubs get for most of the remaining contract, it was a good trade.

If he does well in the playoffs it's a good trade.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
DJJA0z4UMAAaZtX.jpg

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I mean I suppose I understand the logic given what cubs fans have been through but it's also why I've never really cared about wins or losses. I just enjoy watching the ups and the downs.

Well then i guess that difference from being a fan of game and a die hard fan of a team, if here we are in September wirh division and playoff on line and you have no care if they win or lose you just wanna see a good game played by both teams..

I think some of you over think or react to my comments..
99% of what I blurt out on here during a game is stuff fans would blurt out to each other if we were all in same room together watching..
The agony and the joyce of situations throughout a game..

Not saying a game today though has significant as far as the division is still up for grab is as big as game 7 of WS but dont tell us you didn't care after the Indians tied the game or thought the worse because you were just enjoying the game and didn't care if they won or not..
If so then you're not a true cubs fan and just a fan of the game

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Quintana outing was huge last night and exactly what he needed for himself and what the team needed..

No more pressure situation then matching the opposing team Ace with zeros when your team struggling a bit and needs a big win..

Hopefully that will be a pick me up for rest of rotation today and heading into brewers series