2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
It's a ballsy move that could pay off, but if it's not until week 15 then it probably won't be worth it as they will work him back easy into the offense. If they are out of playoff contention there won't be any reason to play him.

The word i have heard is closer to week 12 or 13.

If you can get him for a TE, and maybe a lower tier WR, i say go for it. I probably wouldn’t go much higher, as there’s a ton of risk with it as well.

I considered the same thing, but just couldn’t justify trading any of the players it would take in my league. I am content with him where he’s at, as i am pretty sure that the team will miss the playoffs.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The word i have heard is closer to week 12 or 13.

If you can get him for a TE, and maybe a lower tier WR, i say go for it. I probably wouldn’t go much higher, as there’s a ton of risk with it as well.

I considered the same thing, but just couldn’t justify trading any of the players it would take in my league. I am content with him where he’s at, as i am pretty sure that the team will miss the playoffs.

Glad I didn't offer up the trade. Without Palmer, the Cardinals team is bad. Will be nowhere near playoff contention and with the AP trade, I don't see them bringing back DJ until he is 100%.

Looks like I'm getting the victory this week unless Ryan/Pryor combine for 60 + whatever Cooks gets me.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm in a close matchup and need to decide who to put in the flex spot: Agholor or Pryor? Leaning Pryor and hoping he finally busts out for a 6 reception 80-100 yard game and a TD. Agholor has had a TD the past few games, so I wonder if I should go with the hot hand or not?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm in a close matchup and need to decide who to put in the flex spot: Agholor or Pryor? Leaning Pryor and hoping he finally busts out for a 6 reception 80-100 yard game and a TD. Agholor has had a TD the past few games, so I wonder if I should go with the hot hand or not?

Lol flip a coin with that one.

If I had to decide, I'd probably go Agholor. Hot hand and home team. I also think that Josh Norman is injured.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fournette being ded was a bit of a shock.... lol I thought my lineup was set, 11:30 I see Fournette with a big O next to his name.

I had Chris Ivory in reserve... he got 1 TD but it looks like they shifted half the carries to Yeldon in Fournette's absence.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Lol flip a coin with that one.

If I had to decide, I'd probably go Agholor. Hot hand and home team. I also think that Josh Norman is injured.

Depends on how close the matchup is, and how many points you need. Agholor is the safe pick, Pryor is the boom or (likely) bust choice.

I'm probably going to lose my first game of the season. Zeke and his 40 points might just be too much to overcome. I need a Gronk-like game out of Ertz tonight to have a shot. Down 14 with Ertz and he has Elliott still to kick.

I really need a running back! Mine are just so hit or miss. CJ Anderson, Carlos Hyde and Doug Martin. Only Hyde managed to just barely squeak out double digits.

Mitchapalooza

Wentz was my best waiver pick up this year jesus christ, dude has been an animal recently. Gonna use him over Carr for now.

and I really hope that Code chose Agholor over Pryor..

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wentz was my best waiver pick up this year jesus christ, dude has been an animal recently. Gonna use him over Carr for now.

and I really hope that Code chose Agholor over Pryor.

Nope, am idiot. TBF, I haven't watched either of these teams much this season. Cousins has way too many other options to give a shit about Pryor.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nope, am idiot. TBF, I haven't watched either of these teams much this season. Cousins has way too many other options to give a shit about Pryor.

Food for thought for you. Pryor may be phased out of the offense.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So Jordan Reed finally fucking paid off.

In gpp's league I was down like 17 pts with just Reed playing on MNF.... lol he had 0 catches towards end of 1st half and I went to bed.

I woke up this morning and won by ~3 pts.... shit is cray.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
So Jordan Reed finally fucking paid off.

In gpp's league I was down like 17 pts with just Reed playing on MNF.... lol he had 0 catches towards end of 1st half and I went to bed.

I woke up this morning and won by ~3 pts.... shit is cray.

Maybe he was saving up just for such an occasion. He said to himself: Jordan, we're just gonna float through the first 6 weeks relaxing because week 7, Ares needs us. Get some rest Ares, Jordan's got this.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe he was saving up just for such an occasion. He said to himself: Jordan, we're just gonna float through the first 6 weeks relaxing because week 7, Ares needs us. Get some rest Ares, Jordan's got this.

And he waited to make it a much more dramatic victory

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Sadly, I didn't get quite enough to pull off a win last night. Needed Ertz to outscore his kicker by 15. Only outscored him by like 6. First loss of the season. On the bright side, was 12 points down for overall points leader, now 40 points ahead. Just ran up against the one team in the league that could beat me this week...Zeke beat my Hyde.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I won 2 matchups and lost 1....

Ironically the matchup I was projected to win handily, like 20+ pt projected win.... dude put up 127 and my team only managed like 75 pts.

I am 5-2 in two leagues, and 4-3 in the other.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From the depths of 10th place, I have risen to 6th place on the heels of getting the highest score in my league this week. Now 3-4, I am still convinced my team sucks. Nice to see McCoy finally score like he's capable of doing though.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was leery about my team but I like how it has come together. Picked up Alex Smith, Evan Engram and Cameron Brate. Big Ben has moved to my bench. My backs are Le'veon, Kareem Hunt and CJ Anderson. Starting WRs are TY (fuck I need Luck), Keenan Allen and Cooks. Top fantasy defenses in PIT/DET. I like my team a lot currently.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was leery about my team but I like how it has come together. Picked up Alex Smith, Evan Engram and Cameron Brate. Big Ben has moved to my bench. My backs are Le'veon, Kareem Hunt and CJ Anderson. Starting WRs are TY (fuck I need Luck), Keenan Allen and Cooks. Top fantasy defenses in PIT/DET. I like my team a lot currently.

Fucking h8

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Food for thought for you. Pryor may be phased out of the offense.

Yea, Pryor seems like a lost cause. God damn it.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:

That’s a pretty stacked team. The closest thing you have to a week spot is at WR, and that’s only because Luck likely sits all year.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Need a little advice. Trade deadline is fast approaching, and I'm a little worried about my RB position. It's not the worst in the league, but I don't have any consistency right now at the position.

Current team:

QB: Brees
RB: Hyde, C.J. Anderson, Doug Martin, Gore, Breida
WR: A. Brown, Dez Bryant, Diggs, Tyrell Williams, Marvin Jones
TE: Ertz
Def: Jacksonville
K: Butker

There are three guys I have a shot at trading with.

Team 1 is in serious WR trouble thanks to Palmer and Rodgers injuries. He has Melvin Gordon, Hunt, Gallman and Dion Lewis at RB. At WR: Fitzgerald, Adams, Garcon, Funchess, Snead, Corey Davis and Golladay.

Pretty sure I could swing a Dez + Hyde for Gordon + Fitzgerald, or something along those lines.

Team 2 is in a tie for last place. With this guy, the trade I'd be looking at is his Freeman and Gillislee for my Hyde and C.J. Anderson.

Team 3 has been trying to get Dez Bryant for a few weeks. Likely trade is Gurley and Demaryius for Dez and Hyde.

Team 3's trade isn't bad, but that schedule down the stretch for Gurley is a little scary. Should mention, this is the 3rd place team currently, and we go head to head this week. Gurley on bye this week, so good chance he has a big edge if we trade.

Obviously, with team 2 I take a hit at the RB depth, as I'm left with only Freeman and Martin as quality starters. I have to pray for no injury, and will obviously be using a receiver in the flex for the rest of the season. In addition, this is the guy in 2nd place.

With team 1, I upgrade at RB, but the value of a Fitz for the rest of the season is definitely not promising. I'm sure he'll have some solid outings, but his floor dropped quite a bit, and could end up with some 3 or 4 point games in there for sure. This one will almost assuredly guarantee me a loss next week as well, with both Brown and Diggs on bye. I do have a 1 game lead on the rest of the field, plus have a 40 point lead in the points scored category, leaving me a little leeway still.

Or do I stand pat and hope that the 49ers, Broncos and Bucs all find a way not to play from so far behind every week? Anderson was already starting to lose opportunities with the return of Booker and Jamaal Charles already eating into carries and receptions as it was. The only light at the end of the tunnel is the fantastic schedule he has in the playoffs. Hyde has a pretty tough schedule leading up to the playoffs, but it does get a little better. Plus it seems he is at least back to being the guy there.