2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Need a little advice. Trade deadline is fast approaching, and I'm a little worried about my RB position. It's not the worst in the league, but I don't have any consistency right now at the position.

Current team:

QB: Brees
RB: Hyde, C.J. Anderson, Doug Martin, Gore, Breida
WR: A. Brown, Dez Bryant, Diggs, Tyrell Williams, Marvin Jones
TE: Ertz
Def: Jacksonville
K: Butker

There are three guys I have a shot at trading with.

Team 1 is in serious WR trouble thanks to Palmer and Rodgers injuries. He has Melvin Gordon, Hunt, Gallman and Dion Lewis at RB. At WR: Fitzgerald, Adams, Garcon, Funchess, Snead, Corey Davis and Golladay.

Pretty sure I could swing a Dez + Hyde for Gordon + Fitzgerald, or something along those lines.

Team 2 is in a tie for last place. With this guy, the trade I'd be looking at is his Freeman and Gillislee for my Hyde and C.J. Anderson.

Team 3 has been trying to get Dez Bryant for a few weeks. Likely trade is Gurley and Demaryius for Dez and Hyde.

Team 3's trade isn't bad, but that schedule down the stretch for Gurley is a little scary. Should mention, this is the 3rd place team currently, and we go head to head this week. Gurley on bye this week, so good chance he has a big edge if we trade.

Obviously, with team 2 I take a hit at the RB depth, as I'm left with only Freeman and Martin as quality starters. I have to pray for no injury, and will obviously be using a receiver in the flex for the rest of the season. In addition, this is the guy in 2nd place.

With team 1, I upgrade at RB, but the value of a Fitz for the rest of the season is definitely not promising. I'm sure he'll have some solid outings, but his floor dropped quite a bit, and could end up with some 3 or 4 point games in there for sure. This one will almost assuredly guarantee me a loss next week as well, with both Brown and Diggs on bye. I do have a 1 game lead on the rest of the field, plus have a 40 point lead in the points scored category, leaving me a little leeway still.

Or do I stand pat and hope that the 49ers, Broncos and Bucs all find a way not to play from so far behind every week? Anderson was already starting to lose opportunities with the return of Booker and Jamaal Charles already eating into carries and receptions as it was. The only light at the end of the tunnel is the fantastic schedule he has in the playoffs. Hyde has a pretty tough schedule leading up to the playoffs, but it does get a little better. Plus it seems he is at least back to being the guy there.

Lots of moving parts to this lol. I like the trade with Team 3 for Gurley. There is a better chance he accepts it before your matchup starts though. Tough spot to be in.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Lots of moving parts to this lol. I like the trade with Team 3 for Gurley. There is a better chance he accepts it before your matchup starts though. Tough spot to be in.

Yeah, lots of moving parts for sure. Pretty sure any of them would go through. The downside is that 2 out of 3 would be strengthening the two teams that I will likely see in the playoffs, and the other would leave me with garbage for RB depth.

And yeah, the Gurley trade is a lock, but only if I do it this week. Obviously he's smart enough to know that my team will have a much more difficult time in the head to head if I make the trade.

I probably wait until closer to the deadline before trying to make a move. This 3 week span is my toughest all year, which means I may have a little more flexibility just before the deadline.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Yeah, lots of moving parts for sure. Pretty sure any of them would go through. The downside is that 2 out of 3 would be strengthening the two teams that I will likely see in the playoffs, and the other would leave me with garbage for RB depth.

And yeah, the Gurley trade is a lock, but only if I do it this week. Obviously he's smart enough to know that my team will have a much more difficult time in the head to head if I make the trade.

I probably wait until closer to the deadline before trying to make a move. This 3 week span is my toughest all year, which means I may have a little more flexibility just before the deadline.

what is your record? Can you gamble with taking the L this week?

Mitchapalooza

Traded Wentz straight up for Ingram in a PPR. I have kamara too. My buddy had 0 QB since Palmer went down so he was desperate. Carr is my other QB so I'm happy with that trade.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Traded Wentz straight up for Ingram in a PPR. I have kamara too. My buddy had 0 QB since Palmer went down so he was desperate. Carr is my other QB so I'm happy with that trade.

That's a steal for you. Getting a high end RB2 is a steal for a QB. I would have preferred to keep Wentz myself, but don't think I could pass up a deal that good.

Mitchapalooza

That's a steal for you. Getting a high end RB2 is a steal for a QB. I would have preferred to keep Wentz myself, but don't think I could pass up a deal that good.

Yeah i was completely set with my team, was comfortable with my 2 QBs but then he texted me that offer and I couldn't pass it up.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Am I crazy to start Cameron Brate over DT in my Flex position? It's .5 PPR.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Am I crazy to start Cameron Brate over DT in my Flex position? It's .5 PPR.

Right now, I don't think anyone wants to start any Broncos offensive players! I have no choice but to roll out Anderson, and I hate it.

That said, the Broncos are going against the worst passing D in the league. They are likely going to be behind. They are likely going to be throwing. If it's me, I still roll out DT, and then probably have a stiff drink to numb the sadness.

Mitchapalooza

Trying to trade Doug and CJ for Howard and Mariota. I have a lot of rb depth so trying to land an rb1.

might be giving up too much actually. gonna try for another RB probably.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fucking Baltimore D bent me over a barrel and showed me the 50 states last night.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Fucking Baltimore D bent me over a barrel and showed me the 50 states last night.

Guy in my league inexplicably sat them this week. He also sat Collins. At least he'll have the highest scoring bench!

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
What's everyone's opinion: Diggs (assuming he plays...has practiced fully for 2 straight days supposedly) or C.J. Anderson in the flex?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
What's everyone's opinion: Diggs (assuming he plays...has practiced fully for 2 straight days supposedly) or C.J. Anderson in the flex?

I'm playing diggs if he is a go

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm playing diggs if he is a go

Agreed, both players are boom or bust at this point. Diggs has a better chance at a boom, although last season when he played injured it was sad.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Agreed, both players are boom or bust at this point. Diggs has a better chance at a boom, although last season when he played injured it was sad.

This was my concern. I almost hoped he would be held out just so I don't have to make the call. Diggs is too good to bench, but if he goes out and either reinjures himself or stands around as a decoy like the Bears game, it's going to be tough sledding.

That said, not like Anderson has been overly helpful the last few weeks.