2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This was my concern. I almost hoped he would be held out just so I don't have to make the call. Diggs is too good to bench, but if he goes out and either reinjures himself or stands around as a decoy like the Bears game, it's going to be tough sledding.

That said, not like Anderson has been overly helpful the last few weeks.

I'm sitting Anderson for TY Hilton. They both suck, I don't know who to play.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Diggs wasn't very helpful today :( Sadly, he and Anderson will probably end up scoring about the same. I'm in serious jeopardy of losing my 2nd straight game.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
If u play Brate against me when we have a matchup, im going to flay u alive.

trying to work a trade to get brate

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
trying to work a trade to get brate

In the yahoo league I'm in, dude played Brate against me and I wiped the floor wif him.

Beware.... I will rekt u

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the yahoo league I'm in, dude played Brate against me and I wiped the floor wif him.

Beware.... I will rekt u
You are Cameron Brate terrorist, sir

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm looking to get rid of one of my TEs and average WRs so I sent out a flurry of trades this AM. I'm seeking a low end WR1. My trade chips are: Brate, Evan Engram, Keenan Allen, Ty Hilton and Brandin Cooks. I'm hoping that by paring a TE (Both Brate and Engram are top 5) with one of my WR2s, I'm able to get a WR1.

I put out trades for Michael Thomas, Mike Evans and Hopkins just hoping someone takes the bate. Thomas is probably the only one with a realistic shot at getting approved. Any other WR1s you guys think I could get with my assets?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I traded Ajayi literally the day before he got traded to Philly. Worked out ok because I got Goff as an upgrade at QB, but my RB2 is Blount. FUUUUUUUU

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I'm looking to get rid of one of my TEs and average WRs so I sent out a flurry of trades this AM. I'm seeking a low end WR1. My trade chips are: Brate, Evan Engram, Keenan Allen, Ty Hilton and Brandin Cooks. I'm hoping that by paring a TE (Both Brate and Engram are top 5) with one of my WR2s, I'm able to get a WR1.

I put out trades for Michael Thomas, Mike Evans and Hopkins just hoping someone takes the bate. Thomas is probably the only one with a realistic shot at getting approved. Any other WR1s you guys think I could get with my assets?

Honestly there just aren't a ton of guys that are consistent week to week. Ideally, you would offload Hilton + TE for someone like a Diggs or Dez. If you need the higher floor, go after a Dez, who should see some nice usage if the suspension actually holds up this time. If you need a ceiling, go after someone like Diggs.

If you can get a top guy, then trading Cooks makes sense. Otherwise, I'd be keeping him, and just looking to upgrade that #3 spot.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Honestly there just aren't a ton of guys that are consistent week to week. Ideally, you would offload Hilton + TE for someone like a Diggs or Dez. If you need the higher floor, go after a Dez, who should see some nice usage if the suspension actually holds up this time. If you need a ceiling, go after someone like Diggs.

If you can get a top guy, then trading Cooks makes sense. Otherwise, I'd be keeping him, and just looking to upgrade that #3 spot.

Dez was the first guy I looked at. Unfortunately, he's on the 1st place team and he already has Delanie Walker. It's a delicate balance of finding a team with a weak TE and strong enough WR to trade for lol.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dez was the first guy I looked at. Unfortunately, he's on the 1st place team and he already has Delanie Walker. It's a delicate balance of finding a team with a weak TE and strong enough WR to trade for lol.

I feel like when I look at other teams in this light, I wind up finding teams who might be weak enough at the position I have to trade, but what I want will leave them devoid of anything at w/e position I need.

You look at a team in ur situation and like "Ok u need a TE and I have some.... I need a WR.... you have AJ Green.... ok nice.... and your next WR is... Geronimo Allison? Really?"

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I feel like when I look at other teams in this light, I wind up finding teams who might be weak enough at the position I have to trade, but what I want will leave them devoid of anything at w/e position I need.

You look at a team in ur situation and like "Ok u need a TE and I have some.... I need a WR.... you have AJ Green.... ok nice.... and your next WR is... Geronimo Allison? Really?"

Fantasy trades are tough. Everyone always things they are getting the shaft. I think I'm offering something realistic. A TE1/WR2 for a low-end WR1. Just gotta find that team that has some flexibility at WR and no TE lol.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I got Todd Gurley for Jarvis Landry and Doug Martin. Keeps getting vetoed. Anyone think this trade is completely unfair?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I would think Cooks/Brate or Allen/Brate could land Evans. Personally, if I needed a TE, I'd accept that trade.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I got Todd Gurley for Jarvis Landry and Doug Martin. Keeps getting vetoed. Anyone think this trade is completely unfair?

Seems pretty fair to me. WR2 and RB2 for RB1. Not sure why that wouldn’t fly. It would in my league

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Seems fair to me.

Edit: Thinking about this scenario and how often it happens. Sometimes, I think people don't really look at the trade, but they look at what your teams looks like after the trade. If your team looks much stronger, then they veto just because. It's chicken shit.

Last edited:

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:

Just to add on, not that this stuff is the end all, be all, but the Fantasy Pros trade chart shows that as an exact match.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2017/11/fantasy-football-trade-values-week-9/

Not really sure why it would get vetoed.

We had this problem in my league a few years ago. Far too many trades were getting vetoed, and it made it super hard to actually make improvements. Last year, we changed the system and everyone agreed that, unless it was a blatant attempt at theft or collusion, trades would go through. This year there have been fewer trades, but none vetoed. 3 or 4 trades this year, but at least 1 involved a few big name guys (Gronk and Gurley).

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Did the other team have an abundance of RB's that trading away Gurley was a decent option...was his WR situation really bad? Either way I do not think any trades where there isn't obvious collusion should be vetoed. If the Gurley owner is 0-8 and is just trading off his assets to other teams to be a jackass then that's a problem. If the guy still has a legit shot at making playoffs then I really don't see a problem with the trade