2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
gpphat scheduled his league so he only plays me once.... he scurred.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Did the other team have an abundance of RB's that trading away Gurley was a decent option...was his WR situation really bad? Either way I do not think any trades where there isn't obvious collusion should be vetoed. If the Gurley owner is 0-8 and is just trading off his assets to other teams to be a jackass then that's a problem. If the guy still has a legit shot at making playoffs then I really don't see a problem with the trade
His team is bad, but he still has a legit shot at the playoffs. Only two games out. The trade is more against me. Everyone I've asked outside of the people in the league think it's an even deal. I'm one game out of first and can afford to replace Landry with thielen on my bench. Problem is, I've got people that vote against every trade that isn't theirs. Then others get salty as fuck that I'm able to pull off a trade like this. One dude said I was trading scrubs for gurley.

I'm changing the rules next year. Since yahoo vetoes a trade with only one third votes, I'm making it commish only and going to require six votes via the message board. This league used to be impossible to make trades until two people left. It's gotten better, but any time a top place team makes a trade halfway or later in the year, it gets vetoed immediately.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Seems fair to me.

Edit: Thinking about this scenario and how often it happens. Sometimes, I think people don't really look at the trade, but they look at what your teams looks like after the trade. If your team looks much stronger, then they veto just because. It's chicken shit.

Yeah, one of our former players said that he vetoes trades because he didn't make them, and since money is involved, it's the smart move. I'm always near the top so it's impossible for me to pull off blockbuster deals. These other guys only want to make trades if they clearly win the deal.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Yeah, one of our former players said that he vetoes trades because he didn't make them, and since money is involved, it's the smart move. I'm always near the top so it's impossible for me to pull off blockbuster deals. These other guys only want to make trades if they clearly win the deal.

Exact reason we went to a straight commissioner veto. We have had minor gripes, but it's far better than what it was. Like yours, people vetoed because it wasn't their trade. Then the people who got vetoed got angry and they vetoed everything...the cycle continued. This year, we've had more trades than the last two combined, and all have turned out to be relatively fair for both sides.

Edited to add: We tried the vote via forum last year, and that didn't go well either, which is why we just went straight commissioner veto only.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
gpphat scheduled his league so he only plays me once.... he scurred.

Your squad is actually solid...your QB is your weak position. but I ain't scurred of nobody!!!

Been so busy at work, I have slacked on the reviews

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Your squad is actually solid...your QB is your weak position. but I ain't scurred of nobody!!!

Been so busy at work, I have slacked on the reviews

Somehow all 3 of my teams have yet to be hit by any major injury bugs.... im probably jinxing myself saying it.

Cam Newton has been rough the last 2 weeks, but weeks 4-6 he scored 39, 32.2, and 22.7....

I would like more consistency, but those booms can save a week quite often.... Winston is also boom/bust.... 3 games over 20pts (20.5,28.4, and 32.5)... and two games in the last 3 weeks under 3 pts lol.

I figure if I can dial up the right one each week I am ok at QB.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So...Josh Gordon hype train anyone?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I picked him up in a keeper league lol.

I did the same...one league I am in you can keep 3 players and if you get them as a free agent you keep them in the 16 round. So I figured at the very least worth a stash for keeper purposes

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Somehow all 3 of my teams have yet to be hit by any major injury bugs.... im probably jinxing myself saying it.

Cam Newton has been rough the last 2 weeks, but weeks 4-6 he scored 39, 32.2, and 22.7....

I would like more consistency, but those booms can save a week quite often.... Winston is also boom/bust.... 3 games over 20pts (20.5,28.4, and 32.5)... and two games in the last 3 weeks under 3 pts lol.

I figure if I can dial up the right one each week I am ok at QB.

Puckman offered me Brady and Cooks for Landry and Hill, but quickly canceled the trade and revised it to Brady, Cooks, and Garcon for Landry and McCoy. Told him if it wasn't NE bye week I would have done the first offer, but McCoy for me is untouchable.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I did the same...one league I am in you can keep 3 players and if you get them as a free agent you keep them in the 16 round. So I figured at the very least worth a stash for keeper purposes

Had an abundance of FAAB, so I grabbed him. Mainly just trying to keep away from a few of the receiver needy teams as a precaution.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I picked him up. Had a roster space. I'm in the process of trading Will Fuller for Jay Ajayi. See if this goes through.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Fuller is a good piece to keep TBH.... Watson gonna keep this play up methinks.

He has 7 TD's on 13 catches. C'mon. That's not even remotely close to sustainable.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Fuller will be a good Fantasy contributor, but in that trade scenario I think Ajayi will be better down the stretch.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has 7 TD's on 13 catches. C'mon. That's not even remotely close to sustainable.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Fuller will be a good Fantasy contributor, but in that trade scenario I think Ajayi will be better down the stretch.

Stfu, he gonna catch 50 TDs this year.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And the trade gets rejected. Now another player tries to rip someone off by offering Desean Jackson, Frank Gore, & Hopkins for AJ Green & Ingram. I told him not to bother, I'm not letting any trades go through.

Last edited:

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
And the trade gets rejected. Now another player tries to rip someone off by offering Desean Jackson, Frank Gore, & Hopkins for AJ Green & Ingram. I told him not to bother, I'm not letting any trades go through.

We had a guy yesterday that has given up and wanted to firesale his team. Commissioner has basically said that trading with him is off limits now. Won't punish all of us because of it, but certainly can't trust any trades with his team now.