2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trying to decide between Crowder, T Hill, Shepard, Agholor, M Lee, and Coleman for my Flex Spot. I know a lot of choices but they all have benefits. I currently have Crowder in hoping he builds off of his big game. Hill is a big play threat, Shepard is the only other person catching the ball other than Engram, Agholor is in a strong offense against an injured secondary, Lee going against Indy, and Coleman may see more one on ones if LA keys on Gordon.

Bonus to helping me out is this could knock Ares out of playoffs.

Ima fucking rekt u breh.... gonna be a points bukkake all over ur face.

(It has to be or im fukt)

Mitchapalooza

which is why the gamble may be worth it...Witten is a safe play but Lewis or Seals-Jones have a huge upside. Witten will probably get you roughly 10ish points where the other two have a range of -1 to 27 points. Don't worry about dropping Ryan because you most likely won't play him over Wilson and you also have Cousins. and AP shouldnt see your starting lineup over Ingram, Miller, or Perine.
Yeah true I'll mull it over tonight thanks

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Trying to decide between Crowder, T Hill, Shepard, Agholor, M Lee, and Coleman for my Flex Spot. I know a lot of choices but they all have benefits. I currently have Crowder in hoping he builds off of his big game. Hill is a big play threat, Shepard is the only other person catching the ball other than Engram, Agholor is in a strong offense against an injured secondary, Lee going against Indy, and Coleman may see more one on ones if LA keys on Gordon.

Definitely not Shepard. Even being one of only two pass catchers is not enough to have confidence in Geno Smith or that Giants offense without a week to look at how it goes.

I would also avoid Coleman until I got a week to look at how that offense changes with Gordon. I suspect it should be fine, but it's still more risk than I personally would want to have.

Really like Crowder's matchup, and his recent production. Banged up Cowboys, no Reed or Chris Thompson to pull targets.

Not a fan of Agholor this week, even with the Seahawks being banged up. Biggest issue with that high powered offense is that it's easy for one guy to be the odd man out for a week. Agholor has had some really bad weeks, so I wouldn't feel overly confident in him getting the targets.

In order of my preference: Crowder -> Hill -> Lee.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Definitely not Shepard. Even being one of only two pass catchers is not enough to have confidence in Geno Smith or that Giants offense without a week to look at how it goes.

I would also avoid Coleman until I got a week to look at how that offense changes with Gordon. I suspect it should be fine, but it's still more risk than I personally would want to have.

Really like Crowder's matchup, and his recent production. Banged up Cowboys, no Reed or Chris Thompson to pull targets.

Not a fan of Agholor this week, even with the Seahawks being banged up. Biggest issue with that high powered offense is that it's easy for one guy to be the odd man out for a week. Agholor has had some really bad weeks, so I wouldn't feel overly confident in him getting the targets.

In order of my preference: Crowder -> Hill -> Lee.

Ima start Gordon against gpp, he gonna drop 40 on gpp's face

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Best way to beat Ares is to start Cameron Brate.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Best way to beat Ares is to start Cameron Brate.

I thought about picking him up off of waivers....unfortunately he wouldn't crack my starting lineup and it is a must win game for both of us

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought about picking him up off of waivers....unfortunately he wouldn't crack my starting lineup and it is a must win game for both of us

Go ahead, start that pig-fucker Brate, I dare u

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Do it, don't be a vag. I want to hear Ares bitch after Brate beats him down

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Sometimes winning isn't enough. Rubbing it in with Brate, now that's a real win.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He's been trash past couple of weeks, but Jameis is coming back so he might have a bounce back game lol.

He's been dormant for a reason, waiting for the right moment to strike. He's going to come at Ares like a pigeon at a newly washed Mercedes.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I have Coleman plugged in currently. The RB2 position on this team has been a struggle all year, but I sneaked into the playoffs. My thought on Coleman/Morris is that they are both in somewhat of a timeshare and Coleman has been successful in that timeshare + is more talented.

Coleman's going to have to put up big numbers against a stout Vikings run D to match Morris last night.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
gpp went with Crowder who netted him 6.2

SOON gpp

:-v

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Yeah, whose idea was it to not play Morris? :shrug:

Hard to predict he'd go off like that. Morris, against his old team, Dak, all fired up after being questioned...seemed like about the best opportunity for Morris to succeed since he became starter.

It helps that their line just bullied the Redskins around. Honestly didn't expect that part of the equation. I was expecting more like 10-12 points, not 18.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
gpp went with Crowder who netted him 6.2

SOON gpp

:-v

I also went with Bellamy....err, I mean Crowder. Sorry, the lack of holding onto the ball had me confused.

Almost 9 points in my .5 PPR, so it could have been worse. Was really looking forward to those garbage time points the last 2:30, but noooooooo, in comes McCoy to run out the clock.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I also went with Bellamy....err, I mean Crowder. Sorry, the lack of holding onto the ball had me confused.

Almost 9 points in my .5 PPR, so it could have been worse. Was really looking forward to those garbage time points the last 2:30, but noooooooo, in comes McCoy to run out the clock.

Lol I was worried garbage time and at least 1 TD would mean Crowder might wind up with 20+ pts despite the Redskins playing horrible.