2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am more surprised about making playoffs than you...sorry for getting your hopes up by telling you you were locked in

KuM8lX7.png

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Well last night I lost one playoff matchup by less than 1 pt.... and my loss in gpp's league bumped me out of the playoffs.

I am left in playoffs in 1 more league.

I have that temptation to bench my entire team in both leagues where im out.

Wow, that's a heartbreaking loss. Less than 1 point is always so crushing, but when it's a playoff game, that's enough to make a person lose it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow, that's a heartbreaking loss. Less than 1 point is always so crushing, but when it's a playoff game, that's enough to make a person lose it.

I lied actually... I was down less than 1 pt when I turned the game off.... I lost by 5 pts.... 83-88.... I feel alot better lol

This one hurts way more because I started Greg Olsen and left Trey Burton on my bench.... I easily had the pts to win, but I left them on my bench.

My loss in gpp's league was like 91-97 and again I had the pts on my bench to win it.

If I play my best players and come up short it hurts alot less than when I just leave all my points sitting on my bench.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I lied actually... I was down less than 1 pt when I turned the game off.... I lost by 5 pts.... 83-88.... I feel alot better lol

This one hurts way more because I started Greg Olsen and left Trey Burton on my bench.... I easily had the pts to win, but I left them on my bench.

My loss in gpp's league was like 91-97 and again I had the pts on my bench to win it.

If I play my best players and come up short it hurts alot less than when I just leave all my points sitting on my bench.

It really bugs me when I leave points on the bench, even when it's not much. For some reason, I feel like I should have known, even in cases where I couldn't possibly have known.

Mitchapalooza

Even if Rodgers comes back I think I gotta ride the rest of the year out with Ben. Home vs NE then @HOU.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm rolling with Big Ben rest of way instead of Alex Smith.

Big Ben is all I got in my only playoff team.... I am at the limit of 20 transactions (I didn't pay attention) and I have Big Ben or Tyrod Taylor/Nathan Peterman lol

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Gonna be a long week of worrying for me. Last year, I knew I wasn't likely to win it all because of injuries. This year I have had much better luck, so now it's just a question of whether I pick the right guys.

All I have is Brees, and that hasn't been a great ride either.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gonna be a long week of worrying for me. Last year, I knew I wasn't likely to win it all because of injuries. This year I have had much better luck, so now it's just a question of whether I pick the right guys.

All I have is Brees, and that hasn't been a great ride either.

Kinda ironic Michael Thomas finally paid off for me.... and I lose the playoff matchup lol

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Kinda ironic Michael Thomas finally paid off for me.... and I lose the playoff matchup lol

Interestingly, same thing happened in my league. Guy with Michael Thomas lost. He played Latavius Murray against Carolina over Theo Riddick against Tampa. He would have won by 1 point if he'd gone the other way.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Uggghhhh. That's no good at all. Nothing quite like having a great week the week after it matters.

I'm not used to not being in the playoffs. This hasn't happened to me in about 10 years, if not more.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It really bugs me when I leave points on the bench, even when it's not much. For some reason, I feel like I should have known, even in cases where I couldn't possibly have known.

The only time it bugs me is when I actually was thinking about playing the other guy over the guy that scored less. Any other time, it just is what it is. I mean, if Duke Johnson outscores Todd Gurley, I was never gonna make that play. But if he outscores Marquise Lee and I agonized over the better play, then it bugs me.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
The only time it bugs me is when I actually was thinking about playing the other guy over the guy that scored less. Any other time, it just is what it is. I mean, if Duke Johnson outscores Todd Gurley, I was never gonna make that play. But if he outscores Marquise Lee and I agonized over the better play, then it bugs me.

That's true. If Crowder outscores Antonio Brown, it doesn't bother me much. But chances are good that he would have also outscored several other guys that I would have at least considered in some way.

Marvin Jones some weeks ago during the beginning of his tear is a good example. I could have easily made a case for him over Diggs, but just kept trotting Diggs out there.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I picked up AR in a league where my QB is Derek Carr and also in a league where I just lost Wentz. Do I play him this week?

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I picked up AR in a league where my QB is Derek Carr and also in a league where I just lost Wentz. Do I play him this week?

Really tough call him vs. Carr. But in the end, he's the best QB in the game.

Only twice this year has Carr cleared 20 points. Rodgers did it 3 times in the first 5 games.

I'd have a tough time sitting Rodgers. Panthers have scored 30+ in their last 4 games, which translates to Rodgers having to throw plenty.

I think you'll be ok either way though. The Chiefs defense is pretty sad, and that game means a ton for their division.

Both guys should come out firing.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Alright, another question. With the return of AR it makes my WR's pretty filthy in one league. Pick 3

Antonio Brown
Dez
Adam Thielen
Davante Adams

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

I'm with you on that, it sucks seeing a player blowup on your bench but can't beat yourself up over it when it doesn't make sense to play him over a superstar.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Derek Carr has been a risky play this year...I would probably roll with Rodgers if I were you.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Alright, another question. With the return of AR it makes my WR's pretty filthy in one league. Pick 3

Antonio Brown
Dez
Adam Thielen
Davante Adams

AB, Dez, and Thielen