Close
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Message Board Hero ijustposthere's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by HawkBear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sitting Howard this week for Ameer Abdullah. Am I crazy?
    Considering the matchup and that the Bears have no threat of the pass, no. But I'm with gpp, what other options do you have?
    You win message board hero.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by BuddyRyans46 Hidden Content
    to all of the people calling me a fecal alligator.....i will accept your apologies after this Friday's presser. I trust my sources.
    Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll be among the stars. Proceed to the next level.

Hidden Content
    We have to make sense of this nonsense.

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by gpphat View Post
    what other options do you have other than Abdullah
    Hurting in this league because I have David Johnson. My backs are Ty Montgomery, Ameer, Tevin Coleman and Chris Thompson. I need to play two of the backs, but I was leaning on putting Coleman into my Flex. Other flex options are Jamison Crowder, Tyrell Williams, JJ Nelson and Chris Thompson.

Also, the guy I'm playing has Gurley so it's not looking good lol.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hurting in this league because I have David Johnson. My backs are Ty Montgomery, Ameer, Tevin Coleman and Chris Thompson. I need to play two of the backs, but I was leaning on putting Coleman into my Flex. Other flex options are Jamison Crowder, Tyrell Williams, JJ Nelson and Chris Thompson.

Also, the guy I'm playing has Gurley so it's not looking good lol.
    Just making sure I understand this...choose two of the backs you listed...of the ones listed I would probably roll with Montgomery and Thompson. With Kelley banged up Thompson will get some work and he is a good play in PPR. Montgomery is a definite play, Abdullah isn't bad but a risky play because Detroit isn't a heavy running team. I think in the flex spot Coleman or Williams are good plays. Tough call on sitting Howard, of the backs listed I would probably roll with Thompson over Howard instead of Abdullah. Riddick is more of the pass catcher in Detroit and if the game turns into a shootout Riddick will be the one getting more work.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by dabears70 Hidden Content
    I would. Please come to Orlando so i can choke you the fuck out.

Hidden Content

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gpphat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gpphat View Post
    Just making sure I understand this...choose two of the backs you listed...of the ones listed I would probably roll with Montgomery and Thompson. With Kelley banged up Thompson will get some work and he is a good play in PPR. Montgomery is a definite play, Abdullah isn't bad but a risky play because Detroit isn't a heavy running team. I think in the flex spot Coleman or Williams are good plays. Tough call on sitting Howard, of the backs listed I would probably roll with Thompson over Howard instead of Abdullah. Riddick is more of the pass catcher in Detroit and if the game turns into a shootout Riddick will be the one getting more work.
    Reports are that Kelley practiced today and should be good to go on Sunday. I don't know how much work he will get, but I don't like the 3 headed monster of Kelley, Thompson and Perinie. I'll have to keep an eye on it. If Kelley is out on Sunday, I do agree that Thompson is a better play. I like Abdullah cuz he gets 15-20 touches a game. He's bound to get in the endzone eventually.

My league is 2 RB, 2 WR and one Flex so I can either play 3 RBs or 3 WRs. Half point PPR.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I haven't had any questionable plays in fantasy this year, so far. No "should i start x, or y"... yet. It's not as much fun without those

Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    I haven't had any questionable plays in fantasy this year, so far. No "should i start x, or y"... yet. It's not as much fun without those
    I noticed that my opponent this week is the ****ing commissioner who won't let any trades go through unless it weakens certain owners and this ***hole apparently dropped his kicker and didn't fill the roster spot so I dropped 3 of my bench players and picked up the top 3 available kickers to ride my bench, and actually found a better matchup in that selection to start so now I'm carrying 4 kicker just for this week and hope anyone else in my league sees this and does the same if they have any crappy players on their bench so this ****head has no kickers available to field this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by VashalasX View Post
    I noticed that my opponent this week is the ****ing commissioner who won't let any trades go through unless it weakens certain owners and this ***hole apparently dropped his kicker and didn't fill the roster spot so I dropped 3 of my bench players and picked up the top 3 available kickers to ride my bench, and actually found a better matchup in that selection to start so now I'm carrying 4 kicker just for this week and hope anyone else in my league sees this and does the same if they have any crappy players on their bench so this ****head has no kickers available to field this weekend.
    Good call on the four kickers, Vash.

Fuck. I swapped out Jordan Howard for Buck Allen at the last minute and it cost me the game.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jooo83 For This Useful Post:

Still won in spite of starting Baltimore's D/ST over the Texans in my money league.....never again.

Quote Originally Posted by jooo83 View Post
    Fuck. I swapped out Jordan Howard for Buck Allen at the last minute and it cost me the game.
    I sat Howard as well. Still going to win so not a big deal. He was a tough play this week. I though Ptts D was better and he has been banged up.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkBear For This Useful Post:

My TE in my big money league is MartyB and he isn't cutting it. I thought he would have a lot more success with Rodgers. Top available on the WW is Charles Clay, Coby Fleener and Even Engram. Anyone have any thoughts on who I should pick up? I'm leaning towards Clay, but they are all pretty meh.

Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar

Should've started Chris Thompson instead of Buck Allen...who knew?
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

My TE in my big money league is MartyB and he isn't cutting it. I thought he would have a lot more success with Rodgers. Top available on the WW is Charles Clay, Coby Fleener and Even Engram. Anyone have any thoughts on who I should pick up? I'm leaning towards Clay, but they are all pretty meh.
    Tough call. I'd probably go with Charles Clay. I have tendency to overreach in my draft on a TE but I can't stand the inconsistency from the position ha. He's the flavor of the week, but what do you think of Marcedes Lewis? Is he available?

Tough call. I'd probably go with Charles Clay. I have tendency to overreach in my draft on a TE but I can't stand the inconsistency from the position ha. He's the flavor of the week, but what do you think of Marcedes Lewis? Is he available?
    Not really a fan of Lewis. He didn't do anything for 2 weeks and just exploded for 3 TD's. Probably a player to monitor. I'm holding on to Marty for this week vs the Bears. Looking at the WW and stats - Marty has 11 catches, 111 yards, 0 TDs. Clay only has 13 catches, 115 yards, 2 TDs. I like Marty this week against the Bears.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not really a fan of Lewis. He didn't do anything for 2 weeks and just exploded for 3 TD's. Probably a player to monitor. I'm holding on to Marty for this week vs the Bears. Looking at the WW and stats - Marty has 11 catches, 111 yards, 0 TDs. Clay only has 13 catches, 115 yards, 2 TDs. I like Marty this week against the Bears.
    I wouldn't waste a waiver claim on Lewis...throughout his career he will have these games and everyone jumps to get him only to see themselves dropping him a few weeks later. Unless you have a roster spot you can spare and you have another TE on your roster and he clears waivers, I wouldn't waste a bench spot.

I agree on Clay, I don't see Bennett being a good consistent play, where I think Clay's floor is much higher than Bennett's

Hidden Content

It's such a TD dependent position unless you have Gronk/Kelce and maybe a few other guys. I hate it. I hope Marty and Rodgers are able to get on the same page for my FF team sake. I'll save the Waiver claim this week and jump on Clay next week if Marty has another dismal performance.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's such a TD dependent position unless you have Gronk/Kelce and maybe a few other guys. I hate it. I hope Marty and Rodgers are able to get on the same page for my FF team sake. I'll save the Waiver claim this week and jump on Clay next week if Marty has another dismal performance.
    I'm a waiver priority hoarder (although most of the leagues I am in now switched to FABB), one year I worked my way up to the #1 waiver spot and sat on it for a good chunk of the season...so when LeVeon Bell went down, I was able to snag D. Williams and ride him to the championship. I always ask myself, is this person worth dropping to the bottom of the waiver priority before I make a claim.

Hidden Content

Flex Position - .5 PPR - CJ Anderson, DeVante Parker, T.Y. Hilton (Luck really needs to come back)

Flex, standard scoring: Devante Parker, Golden Tate, Jacquizz Rodgers, or Buck Allen
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    Flex, standard scoring: Devante Parker, Golden Tate, Jacquizz Rodgers, or Buck Allen
    I like DeVante in your situation. He has a good match up this week.

Winston vs NE this Thursday or Newton @DET on Sunday?

Thursday games tend to suck, and I worry NE defense might finally have a good game.... both these guys had big weeks last week.

HALP

Who do I start if everyone on my team sucks?

Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

27. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast