2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
It's such a TD dependent position unless you have Gronk/Kelce and maybe a few other guys. I hate it. I hope Marty and Rodgers are able to get on the same page for my FF team sake. I'll save the Waiver claim this week and jump on Clay next week if Marty has another dismal performance.

I'm a waiver priority hoarder (although most of the leagues I am in now switched to FABB), one year I worked my way up to the #1 waiver spot and sat on it for a good chunk of the season...so when LeVeon Bell went down, I was able to snag D. Williams and ride him to the championship. I always ask myself, is this person worth dropping to the bottom of the waiver priority before I make a claim.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Flex Position - .5 PPR - CJ Anderson, DeVante Parker, T.Y. Hilton (Luck really needs to come back)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Flex, standard scoring: Devante Parker, Golden Tate, Jacquizz Rodgers, or Buck Allen

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Winston vs NE this Thursday or Newton @DET on Sunday?

Thursday games tend to suck, and I worry NE defense might finally have a good game.... both these guys had big weeks last week.

HALP

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who do I start if everyone on my team sucks?

:(

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Winston vs NE this Thursday or Newton @DET on Sunday?

Thursday games tend to suck, and I worry NE defense might finally have a good game.... both these guys had big weeks last week.

HALP

I'd probably go with Newton. I avoid TNF games like the plague.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I'd probably go with Newton. I avoid TNF games like the plague.

100% agree with this. Like both guys, but those Thursday night games are just terrible in most cases.

Have a dilemma of my own for the first time this season. Need a QB to fill in for Brees this week, and the cupboards are pretty bare in my league.

Dalton
Kizer
Hoyer
Brissett
Trubisky
McCown

Anyone like one of them more than the other this week?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ouch dude. I'd probably just go with Dalton. He's the most experienced, has weapons available and he's at home.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
100% agree with this. Like both guys, but those Thursday night games are just terrible in most cases.

Have a dilemma of my own for the first time this season. Need a QB to fill in for Brees this week, and the cupboards are pretty bare in my league.

Dalton
Kizer
Hoyer
Brissett
Trubisky
McCown

Anyone like one of them more than the other this week?

If you are doing well in the league or if you are projected with an edge, I would gamble and play Trubisky.... he might have one of those crazy rookie explosion games they are prone to have because no one has seen them.

If you are .500 or below and/or the matchup is tight.... then go Dalton and hope he has a good game at home like HawkBear said.

Mitchapalooza

That last Russell Wilson TD almost fucked me in my money league, ended up winning by 1.4

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
If you are doing well in the league or if you are projected with an edge, I would gamble and play Trubisky.... he might have one of those crazy rookie explosion games they are prone to have because no one has seen them.

If you are .500 or below and/or the matchup is tight.... then go Dalton and hope he has a good game at home like HawkBear said.

Interesting idea. I'm the only undefeated team and currently projected with a 5 point advantage without a QB. I might seriously consider this when looking at it like that.

Dalton is the obvious safe play, he just has a tough matchup with the Bills, and they haven't played well against the tough defenses this season. A couple of the remaining guys have good matchups, but the players just aren't very consistent.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
One other quick question: Gore against the 49ers, or Doug Martin coming off suspension against the Patriots?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Interesting idea. I'm the only undefeated team and currently projected with a 5 point advantage without a QB. I might seriously consider this when looking at it like that.

Dalton is the obvious safe play, he just has a tough matchup with the Bills, and they haven't played well against the tough defenses this season. A couple of the remaining guys have good matchups, but the players just aren't very consistent.

Yeh, I mean if you stuck gambling on iffy options.... at least Trubisky is a giant unknown for Minny, plus he will bring two things to the Bears offense.... a spark that might get many components moving, and he can scramble/run so you could get a rushing TD or two if teams are lulled after watching our tape with Glennon.

I would strongly consider it.... plus if Trubs goes nuts you got either trade bait or a decent backup option on ur bench.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One other quick question: Gore against the 49ers, or Doug Martin coming off suspension against the Patriots?

I would go Gore.... avoid TNF as others counseled me when I asked Cam vs Winston.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would go Gore.... avoid TNF as others counseled me when I asked Cam vs Winston.

Agreed. Tough to say if Martin will even get a full workload. I haven't paid much attention to TB running game though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. Tough to say if Martin will even get a full workload. I haven't paid much attention to TB running game though.
Rodgers got a decent workload, but definitely not the 20+ carries per game type. Either way, Thursday games suck so I'd start Gore then go Martin next week.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know you don't usually expect a lot from a TE week to week, but Rudolph has been a serious disappointment so far. I think with Bradford coming back soon, that might change, but do you think it's worth maybe shopping him? Don't want to sell low necessarily, but I could use a better TE.