2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I was at the bar watching the game with the guy I was playing against. I was so fucking pissed. He still ended with a decent game, but that TD would have been huge.

I sat Big Ben also. Fuck. My league is a cluster fuck. 1-5 is 6-4. I've never seen a more competitive league.

We have 3 at 7-3 and 3 at 6-4. Literally anyone’s game right now. Only 2 teams eliminated going into this week.

Mitchapalooza

Carr needs to gimme 3 tds vs NE or I'm gonna kick myself for benching Ben.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
We have 3 at 7-3 and 3 at 6-4. Literally anyone’s game right now. Only 2 teams eliminated going into this week.

Same here. Two bad teams that will be out after this week. Everyone else is right in the middle of it. The last couple of years, we've done our best to weed out the guys that don't pay attention.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
More a matter of the Steelers forcing mistakes early, and then later, pressing in an attempt to try to keep up. Counter productive when you turn it over though. Cutler will press at any time though, so you always have that risk from him...and his floor is more like 9 points vs. 14.

I figured Mariota for 15-18. He has the safer floor of the two for sure, especially since he usually adds some rushing to bump the points up.

Glad to see Brown make up for last week though. I need as many points as I can get to catch up to the #1 seed.

I meant, his floor is 4. Bahahahahahaha

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thank you Keenan Allen and Cooks.

I have Keenan Allen but only started him on the team where I didn't really need the pts... 150 pts and still have Julio Jones going on MNF.

The other team where I have him I left him on the bench and his pts could have at least kept me in the game... that team only managed 80pts.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I have Keenan Allen but only started him on the team where I didn't really need the pts... 150 pts and still have Julio Jones going on MNF.

The other team where I have him I left him on the bench and his pts could have at least kept me in the game... that team only managed 80pts.

Nice week for the one team for sure! The second team...I know the 80 point range quite well lately.

142 for me this week (half ppr). Diggs and Ertz were let downs, but everyone else did a fine job. Could have added 5 points by playing Marvin over Crowder, but otherwise, no moves could have bumped me higher than that. Even my terrible option of having to play CJ Anderson worked out.

Current #1 team looks like he'll lose, though he's got an outside chance of pulling off the win (Wilson must score 20+ more than Baldwin). But I should make up a ton of ground on points. Might edge back into first on points.

Good weekend finally for my team. 4 more like this and I'd be a pretty happy guy.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ima drop to 6-5 in one league, up to 7-4 in another, and drop a game to 7-4 in gpp's league.

Also the 2nd ESPN league im in, they cap acquisitions at 20 for the season and i hit the cap over the weekend.

Im stuck with what I've got now.... that is the team that put up 150 pts though, so I am hoping they keep it up.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Ima drop to 6-5 in one league, up to 7-4 in another, and drop a game to 7-4 in gpp's league.

Also the 2nd ESPN league im in, they cap acquisitions at 20 for the season and i hit the cap over the weekend.

Im stuck with what I've got now.... that is the team that put up 150 pts though, so I am hoping they keep it up.

Pretty solid all around though. Those are decent records in a pretty strange season.

Mitchapalooza

Up 46.1 and he has Baldwin and Sanu left (PPR), I should be okay. Gonna win my other league too if Wilson and Julio can give me at least 15 which should be easy.

BTW, thinking of trading for Dak since I have Carr and Big Ben and Carr just sucks this year. Dak was horrible these past 2 games but his LT is coming back so I can probably get him for cheap.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Up 46.1 and he has Baldwin and Sanu left (PPR), I should be okay. Gonna win my other league too if Wilson and Julio can give me at least 15 which should be easy.

BTW, thinking of trading for Dak since I have Carr and Big Ben and Carr just sucks this year. Dak was horrible these past 2 games but his LT is coming back so I can probably get him for cheap.

His left tackle being out hurts, but teams are also not at all scared of Alfred Morris or Rod Smith. He has a nice schedule though, so it could work out even with those factors.

Big Ben should be solid for most of the remaining games. Only 1 road game, and 3 extremely nice matchups.

I probably wouldn't be in a hurry to trade unless it was a very favorable trade.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Byron Bell was a little better on protection than Chaz Green, but having Tyron Smith out hurt. I think Dak will be fine, and he produces TDs(passing+rushing), so I think he'd be a good "buy low" option.

Mitchapalooza

Lol my trade for Dak got vetoed cause the guy I traded with was in last place even tho coming in last has a punishment this year. Wack.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Ben and Doug, even tho Doug has been bad.

Fair enough trade, but I still say you are better off staying put. Ben is starting to heat up, and Carr, while definitely not the same as last year, has some nice soft matchups left on the schedule.

Mitchapalooza

Fair enough trade, but I still say you are better off staying put. Ben is starting to heat up, and Carr, while definitely not the same as last year, has some nice soft matchups left on the schedule.

Yeah gonna start Ben this week vs GB, then switch between the 2 depending on schedules. Carr vs NYG week 13 and Dallas week 15 looks nice.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
DT @ Oak or Funchess @ NYJ?

Paxton Lynch starting on the road vs. Oak scares me a bit.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
DT @ Oak or Funchess @ NYJ?

Paxton Lynch starting on the road vs. Oak scares me a bit.

Funchess.

It's not that DT doesn't have the chance to produce so much as it's a much riskier proposition. The good news is that if you were going to pick a team to roll the dice on with DT and Lynch at QB, it's Oakland, who also just changed DC.

That said, I saw enough of the Peterman debacle last week to scare me away from guys like Lynch, regardless of the defense, until I see a game or two of plus performances.

Safe play: Funchess.

Scary with a ton of potential: DT

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Thomas does have three straight games with a TD, but that QB situation. Den/Oak have been such disappointments this season that it's hard to know what to expect. I'd be wary of Funchess with Olsen coming back. Newton is back to form though, and they haven't had much of a running game all season.