IST: Cubs vs. Brewers

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I mean to be fair tonight was MIL's "ace" vs the cubs #5 starter. Sucks losing and all but if there's a game MIL should win this series tonight was it.
Is tomorrow any better then with their no.2 and cubs no.6
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
Lol

Cubs bats need to get it going again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:
I mean to be fair tonight was MIL's "ace" vs the cubs #5 starter. Sucks losing and all but if there's a game MIL should win this series tonight was it.

For some reason, you seem unwilling to criticize the Cubs as a team. It's always an excuse for why they lose or play poorly. I suspect that if the Cubs go on a bad streak and miss the playoffs, you'll be telling us all to calm down and that it's "just a game."

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:
SMDH

I assume nothing with the 2017 cubs..

5 game well now 4 game lead is far from being comfortable with this team even if there were 10 games left..

Brewers and Cardinals aren't going to play dead against them..
Cubs better get their shit together and light a fire under their asses

Yup for some reason Cubs want this to come down to the wire. Maybe they're bored and want some excitement.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For some reason, you seem unwilling to criticize the Cubs as a team. It's always an excuse for why they lose or play poorly. I suspect that if the Cubs go on a bad streak and miss the playoffs, you'll be telling us all to calm down and that it's "just a game."

I would love to hear your explanation on why it's more than "just a game." Last I heard, it's called the "game" of baseball.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Sorry? I'm not going to bitch and moan about a lost baseball game. Clearly you're new here because I've been critical of the team. I fucking hated the Avila/Wilson trade and was not subtle about it. I fucking hated the Chapman trade and wasn't subtle. I'm sure there's other examples as well. But I find it ironic the way you word that because call me crazy but being a fan of someone generally means you don't constantly shit on them when it's not warranted.

For real though what do you want? Do you want me to wallow in misery because the cubs lost to the other teams best pitcher? The Brewers are a good team. They should win a game with their best pitcher on the mound vs another teams #5 just like the cubs should win with Lester on the mound more often than not. That's how baseball works. That's how baseball has always worked. That's why Maddon's philosophy is the reference to the meat loaf song "2 out of 3 ain't bad."

If the cubs lost a 2-0 game to Clayton Kershaw would people be that surprised/upset? I ask because I don't think people realize how good Nelson is. He's 6th in the majors in fWAR(4.8) and actually ahead of kershaw(4.4) albeit with 5 more starts. Somedays you just run into a guy you can't touch. I'm sure if you asked the players they would say they still should win that game but it's not like they were facing some AAA nobody. So call it rationalization but yeah I'm going to sit here and say that if the cubs had to lose a game this series it makes sense that it was this one.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Is tomorrow any better then with their no.2 and cubs no.6
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
Lol

Cubs bats need to get it going again

I like their odds better vs Anderson. As I said above I really don't think people realize how fucking good Nelson is. He's at 10.21 k/9 and 2.46 bb/9 with a 3.49/3.03 ERA/FIP. There's only 11 starters in the majors with a 10+ k/9 over qualified innings and only 9 of those have a sub-3 bb/9. He probably wont get much consideration but he's pitched like a Cy Young contender. Anderson has been good as well at 8.46 k/9 2.98 bb/9 with 3.06/3.69 ERA/FIP but he's more of a fly ball pitcher which may be a good thing for the power heavy cubs line up.

And I'm willing to bet most teams coming off a late game on a travel day aren't going to perform well. Brewers on the other hand had Thursday off headed into last night. Cubs last day off was the 21st of August. So like I said, think you just ignore last night and chalk it up to running into good pitching. If they come out flat tomorrow think you're well warranted to complain a little unless Anderson is just lights out because as I said sometimes good pitching just beats you which Anderson might do.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I like their odds better vs Anderson. As I said above I really don't think people realize how fucking good Nelson is. He's at 10.21 k/9 and 2.46 bb/9 with a 3.49/3.03 ERA/FIP. There's only 11 starters in the majors with a 10+ k/9 over qualified innings and only 9 of those have a sub-3 bb/9. He probably wont get much consideration but he's pitched like a Cy Young contender. Anderson has been good as well at 8.46 k/9 2.98 bb/9 with 3.06/3.69 ERA/FIP but he's more of a fly ball pitcher which may be a good thing for the power heavy cubs line up.

And I'm willing to bet most teams coming off a late game on a travel day aren't going to perform well. Brewers on the other hand had Thursday off headed into last night. Cubs last day off was the 21st of August. So like I said, think you just ignore last night and chalk it up to running into good pitching. If they come out flat tomorrow think you're well warranted to complain a little unless Anderson is just lights out because as I said sometimes good pitching just beats you which Anderson might do.
Hope you're right..
See what happens tomorrow

Lets Go Cubs ??

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:
Sorry? I'm not going to bitch and moan about a lost baseball game. Clearly you're new here because I've been critical of the team. I fucking hated the Avila/Wilson trade and was not subtle about it. I fucking hated the Chapman trade and wasn't subtle. I'm sure there's other examples as well. But I find it ironic the way you word that because call me crazy but being a fan of someone generally means you don't constantly shit on them when it's not warranted.

For real though what do you want? Do you want me to wallow in misery because the cubs lost to the other teams best pitcher? The Brewers are a good team. They should win a game with their best pitcher on the mound vs another teams #5 just like the cubs should win with Lester on the mound more often than not. That's how baseball works. That's how baseball has always worked. That's why Maddon's philosophy is the reference to the meat loaf song "2 out of 3 ain't bad."

If the cubs lost a 2-0 game to Clayton Kershaw would people be that surprised/upset? I ask because I don't think people realize how good Nelson is. He's 6th in the majors in fWAR(4.8) and actually ahead of kershaw(4.4) albeit with 5 more starts. Somedays you just run into a guy you can't touch. I'm sure if you asked the players they would say they still should win that game but it's not like they were facing some AAA nobody. So call it rationalization but yeah I'm going to sit here and say that if the cubs had to lose a game this series it makes sense that it was this one.

1) I know you were critical of the trades but those are more being critical of the Front Office, not the team itself. You always seem to find a reason or an excuse as to why the players perform poorly.

2) It's not just about Nelson. If the Cubs get swept this weekend by the Brewers, you will probably tell us it was to be expected since they were facing the bottom of our rotation. And that its no big deal.

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:
I would love to hear your explanation on why it's more than "just a game." Last I heard, it's called the "game" of baseball.

When people throw the "its just a game" meme out there, it's to prevent a rational discussion as to why the team/players aren't performing up to expectations. Coming into this season, 90 wins was considered the floor for this team. And as it stands right now, they may not even get that.

It's been an absolutely horrid year as far as this team's performance. I'm not sure if the players think they're entitled to mail it in because of winning it all last year, but if they think that, then Theo needs to start cracking some skulls.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
When people throw the "its just a game" meme out there, it's to prevent a rational discussion as to why the team/players aren't performing up to expectations. Coming into this season, 90 wins was considered the floor for this team. And as it stands right now, they may not even get that.

It's been an absolutely horrid year as far as this team's performance. I'm not sure if the players think they're entitled to mail it in because of winning it all last year, but if they think that, then Theo needs to start cracking some skulls.
"Cracking heads" isn't how baseball works. They didn't go get Joe Maddon as a manager to "crack heads". This team has flaws unforeseen to many fans at the start of the season. They are clawing their way to a playoff spot. I expect them to win the division, but it won't surprise me if they don't, unlike some of the "utter" posters here. That said, last night's game was just one game. It was just one game in a series. Win the series and your posts don't look so good.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This board. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I looked at the lineup and said to myself, is this the lineup for the first playoff game? Sure did not seem like the cubs looked at this series as a playoff series.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It's Cubsmann reincarnated......:obama:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"Cracking heads" isn't how baseball works. They didn't go get Joe Maddon as a manager to "crack heads". This team has flaws unforeseen to many fans at the start of the season. They are clawing their way to a playoff spot. I expect them to win the division, but it won't surprise me if they don't, unlike some of the "utter" posters here. That said, last night's game was just one game. It was just one game in a series. Win the series and your posts don't look so good.

Exactly....well almost exactly. They need to win one game. If nothing else, it slows the pace and takes time off the clock...and that hurts a team in catchup mode with only 21 games left.

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:

What did they bring in Maddon for exactly? Because the way he manages a lineup, his seemingly utter disdain for Almora, his inability to manage defensive replacement, and his lack of awareness regarding how to bunt is mind boggling. Guy botched G7 of the World Series to levels unheard of and was fortunate enough that his players won in spite of him.

FYI, if the team doesn't make the playoffs, I hope someone grabs Maddon by the throat and asks him WTF happened.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What did they bring in Maddon for exactly? Because the way he manages a lineup, his seemingly utter disdain for Almora, his inability to manage defensive replacement, and his lack of awareness regarding how to bunt is mind boggling. Guy botched G7 of the World Series to levels unheard of and was fortunate enough that his players won in spite of him.

FYI, if the team doesn't make the playoffs, I hope someone grabs Maddon by the throat and asks him WTF happened.
Your comment indicates that youndpnt know Jack about what makes Maddon a top manager in the game.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

The third word in your post is the answer: reason.

Rather than panic or run around screaming "the sky is falling", Beckdawg is a voice of reason.

Not an excuse maker. Just not a drama queen. It was "just ONE game".

Some of us can be unhappy with the result of a particular game, or handful of games, without immediately concluding all is lost.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Quick quiz: How many of the 14 WS winning teams prior to the Cubs in 2016, won their division the next year?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I looked at the lineup and said to myself, is this the lineup for the first playoff game? Sure did not seem like the cubs looked at this series as a playoff series.

I think they looked at it as a regular season game with more to follow, so they can't treat it like all or nothing.

I am not happy with many lineups Joe puts out there, and I often wish he'd stick with one for a while, as I believe the young players need more routine.

But I don't consider one game an all or nothing.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Quick quiz: How many of the 14 WS winning teams prior to the Cubs in 2016, won their division the next year?

Seriously - let's hear some guesses, if you don't already know this. (I heard it recently, and don't recall where. May have been on a broadcast.)

How many of the 14 WS winning teams prior to the Cubs in 2016, won their division the next year?