IST: Cubs vs Mets

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Indians are showing everyone that you can play good baseball and win after being in WS...

No WS fatigue excuse for them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Winners have the hangover in baseball in recent years, with the losers playing well the next year. Opposite the NFL.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Indians have given up 32 runs in their 20-game winning streak.

We gave that up in two games within that stretch.

That's pretty darned impressive.

Correction - we did not have a game in which we gave up 17, as I was thinking. We scored 17 twice.

However, in the last ten days, we have games in which we allowed 12, 12, and 15. (But won one of those)

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:
Winners have the hangover in baseball in recent years, with the losers playing well the next year. Opposite the NFL.

Since 2000, only one team has lost in the World Series and then gone on to win the World Series the next year. 2015 Royals.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Indians are showing everyone that you can play good baseball and win after being in WS...

No WS fatigue excuse for them

Huge difference between winning the WS and just being there. Particularly a team that hadn't won in 108 years....they were all over the media for months after game 7. TV and radio appearances that seemed like a daily occurrence. Did anyone hear or see anything about the Indians once the series ended? Other than a day or two of explaining how they blew a 3-1 lead....they were gone and into hiding. While it's not really a viable reason the Cubs have struggled...it's also not a reason why the Indians are on a huge win streak.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Since 2000, only one team has lost in the World Series and then gone on to win the World Series the next year. 2015 Royals.

A team can play well and not win the WS.

No winning team has done it back to back recently.As mentioned, the winner rarely gets back to the postseason the next year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
By the way.. what up with Indians fans..
Defending AL champs , first place, won 20 in row and struggle to get over 20000 attendance

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:
A team can play well and not win the WS.

No winning team has done it back to back recently.As mentioned, the winner rarely gets back to the postseason the next year.

And as I said earlier about that, more analysis would need to be done into why. It's not a simple equation. Many teams are built for a single year run. Others are built for the long-term. This is a young Cubs team and our youngsters should be getting better, not worse.

I think the goal was to win 2 or 3 WS before 2022. Based on what I'm seeing this year, I don't know how that's going to happen. Not to mention we are likely losing Jake in the offseason but I haven't heard anyone tell me who we are going to get to replace him. I've heard some people say we can promote Tseng and give Monty a slot. Yea as if that's going to get us another title.

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:
Huge difference between winning the WS and just being there. Particularly a team that hadn't won in 108 years....they were all over the media for months after game 7. TV and radio appearances that seemed like a daily occurrence. Did anyone hear or see anything about the Indians once the series ended? Other than a day or two of explaining how they blew a 3-1 lead....they were gone and into hiding. While it's not really a viable reason the Cubs have struggled...it's also not a reason why the Indians are on a huge win streak.

How about a more simple explanation: Their players are performing, ours aren't. I'm not sure why excuses always need to be made for poor performance.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol

One game. He's played well in one game in recent memory.

You guys are too funny. Can't wait for the stats.

I'm talking about talent, to me it's clear that his bat is superior to everyone in our roster but KB and Rizzo

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:
So do Jay, Zobrist, Heyward, Almora have a better bat than Schwarber? I don't think so

I'm okay with you giving Kyle some benefit of the doubt. But to say he has a better bat than Contreras (who's been our best player in the 2nd half and seems to have found himself as a player) at this point in time is preposterous.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This Wilson can't even mop up....the Cubs got fleeced on that deal.