Healthy Easy Single Dude Meals

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can do pretty good at eating minimum calories for breakfast/lunch.... but my main problem is dinner.

I get home from work, I am hungry, and I wind up ruining my calorie count eating shit meals.

Throw out decent/easy options for dinner meals that are relatively healthy, and don't take more than 20-30 mins to make, and won't have me wasting food.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I meal prep a lot and seems to work in terms of convenience, cost and bulk. I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I find this easy to do on a Sunday and then use for lunch all week, but you could do it for dinner too if you don't mind eating the same thing every night for a few days.

Protein (chicken is my go to) I usually cook 1lb - 2lbs. This gets me 4ish meals.
Rice
Vegetable

I usually cut up some chicken and cook in a pan. Season it well so it's not bland. Throw in some Teriyaki sauce if you want. You can sautee some veggies too if you want to get wild.
Cook rice.
Cook any sort of Veggie - corn, peas, green beans, etc.

Put it in Tupperware and refrigerate. Heat up when you want to eat. That's 4 healthy meals for less then $10.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You can get as creative as you want or keep them simple. That chicken recipe you gave me in the other thread, I used that as my protein this week and combined it with Mexican rice and corn. Dash of hot sauce and you're good to go.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can get as creative as you want or keep them simple. That chicken recipe you gave me in the other thread, I used that as my protein this week and combined it with Mexican rice and corn. Dash of hot sauce and you're good to go.

See, here's my issue.... I don't know shit about buying/cutting/cooking decent veggies.

You got good tips for that? What to buy, how to cut, how to saute so dey tast decent?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
See, here's my issue.... I don't know shit about buying/cutting/cooking decent veggies.

You got good tips for that? What to buy, how to cut, how to saute so dey tast decent?

Take knife.

Chop vegetables.

Put in pan with olive oil garlic salt pepper.

Saute until tender.

Zomg u did it, add to any stir fry.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Go to the produce isle int he grocery store and buy vegetables that you like. Onions, carrots, green beans, bell peppers, asparagus, etc. If you're a professional chef, then you need to know how to properly cut them, but you aren't so cut them how you want. Or find a video on Youtube. I know you're smart enough to cut a vegetable lol.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Go to the produce isle int he grocery store and buy vegetables that you like. Onions, carrots, green beans, bell peppers, asparagus, etc. If you're a professional chef, then you need to know how to properly cut them, but you aren't so cut them how you want. Or find a video on Youtube. I know you're smart enough to cut a vegetable lol.

Lol you should see me cut an onion up when I make chili.... I am fucking awful.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Take knife.

Chop vegetables.

Put in pan with olive oil garlic salt pepper.

Saute until tender.

Zomg u did it, add to any stir fry.

Dis it, no other seasoning?

No other tricks? Didn't Crys say Olive Oil becomes carcinogenic when you heat it up?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dis it, no other seasoning?

No other tricks? Didn't Crys say Olive Oil becomes carcinogenic when you heat it up?

You said simple. Crys is anything but simple. FFS, his "go-to omelette" had like 36 ingredients and took 3 hours of prep time.

For a chicken stir fry, you can saute in soy saucegravy. iz good.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bacon and eggs

Too fat.... I am fat and bacon/eggs is fat.

Lol I did brinner for dinner for a while a couple years ago, it does not help you lose weight.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You said simple. Crys is anything but simple. FFS, his "go-to omelette" had like 36 ingredients and took 3 hours of prep time.

For a chicken stir fry, you can saute in soy saucegravy. iz good.

Fan the bread out motherfucker

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Lol you should see me cut an onion up when I make chili.... I am fucking awful.

[video=youtube;TwGBt3V0yvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwGBt3V0yvc[/video]

^^^^best way to chop an onion, you don't need to chop it as fine as he does. for salads don't do the initial cuts towards the root, just cut across.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;TwGBt3V0yvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwGBt3V0yvc[/video]

^^^^best way to chop an onion, you don't need to chop it as fine as he does. for salads don't do the initial cuts towards the root, just cut across.

Thanks dude. I've never known how to chop one either, Ares. I just cut it until I like the shape of them and everytime I cut one it looks different lmao. Still tastes the same tho

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ares, do you have a Pinterest? Not gonna lie, it's pretty gay to have one but I use my Wife's and there is a shit ton of recipes on there.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ares, do you have a Pinterest? Not gonna lie, it's pretty gay to have one but I use my Wife's and there is a shit ton of recipes on there.

I do not... lol it is quite the feminine social app

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you want a bunch of recipes without having to look to hard, that's the place to go. Or you can continue to eat cereal.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you want a bunch of recipes without having to look to hard, that's the place to go. Or you can continue to eat cereal.

Or you could be my Pintrest spy....

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too fat.... I am fat and bacon/eggs is fat.

Lol I did brinner for dinner for a while a couple years ago, it does not help you lose weight.

That's not how dietary fat and cholesterol works. You should read a bit about keto/intermittent fasting

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's not how dietary fat and cholesterol works. You should read a bit about keto/intermittent fasting

I am being hyperbolic, but I know myself.... I love bacon and eggs, I cannot portion bacon and eggs to where it isn't double the calories I should be eating.

I am like Ron Swanson with bacon and eggs lol