Healthy Easy Single Dude Meals

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am being hyperbolic, but I know myself.... I love bacon and eggs, I cannot portion bacon and eggs to where it isn't double the calories I should be eating.

I am like Ron Swanson with bacon and eggs lol

That's fine. Eat a barrel full of bacon and eggs smothered in fresh shredded cheese(I always add jalapeño relish as well). You can add a shitload of spinach to make a frittata, like my recipe from the skillet meal thread, to get some roughage, vitamins, & minerals too. For good measure, right before bed have a few big spoonfuls of coconut oil. After all this you shouldn't be hungry until the following afternoon(roughly). The trick is getting control of your insulin response.

Edit: I'll also add that you should buy the highest quality food you can afford. No one should be eating beef or pork that spends its last bit of life standing in its own waste, pumped full of drugs that are only barely keeping it alive, & eating refuse from manufacturing plants

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's fine. Eat a barrel full of bacon and eggs smothered in fresh shredded cheese(I always add jalapeño relish as well). You can add a shitload of spinach to make a frittata, like my recipe from the skillet meal thread, to get some roughage, vitamins, & minerals too. For good measure, right before bed have a few big spoonfuls of coconut oil. After all this you shouldn't be hungry until the following afternoon(roughly). The trick is getting control of your insulin response.

Edit: I'll also add that you should buy the highest quality food you can afford. No one should be eating beef or pork that spends its last bit of life standing in its own waste, pumped full of drugs that are only barely keeping it alive, & eating refuse from manufacturing plants

I control that directly breh, I am a type 1 diabetic lol

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I control that directly breh, I am a type 1 diabetic lol

In all seriousness, look into keto. It's been shown to cure diabetes at an alarming rate.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In all seriousness, look into keto. It's been shown to cure diabetes at an alarming rate.

Ummm type 1 is insulin dependent.... meaning the body no longer produces it's own insulin.... you can't solve it with diet.

You can fix type 2 with diet because the body still produces its own insulin, but not properly like a normal body.

Do the 2 of you really not know this?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ummm type 1 is insulin dependent.... meaning the body no longer produces it's own insulin.... you can't solve it with diet.

You can fix type 2 with diet because the body still produces its own insulin, but not properly like a normal body.

Dontcha know, keto diet will magically make your body produce insulin again

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:

Your body still makes small amounts of insulin, it's just not enough to overcome a huge carb load at each meal. There are plenty of stories of type 1 diabetics being cured/benefiting greatly from a keto diet

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Your body still makes small amounts of insulin, it's just not enough to overcome a huge carb load at each meal. There are plenty of stories of type 1 diabetics being cured/benefiting greatly from a keto diet

No, there aren't.... type 1 diabetics do not produce insulin, they are 100% dependent on synthetic insulin.

Any diabetic still producing insulin is not type 1.

Type 1 diabetes means your own body decided to destroy your pancreas.

I've had it for 18+ years, I am pretty sure I know how this disease works.

EDIT: And if a diet could cure my lack of a working pancreas, I wonder why my Endocrinologist never thought to mention it to me.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No, there aren't.... type 1 diabetics do not produce insulin, they are 100% dependent on synthetic insulin.

EDIT: And if a diet could cure my lack of a working pancreas, I wonder why my Endocrinologist never thought to mention it to me.
You are an insulin terrorist.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

See above link. I'm not quite sure you understand what the keto diet does to your body. To be fair tho, "cure" was probably not the best choice of word to use. Think "less need to manage"

Type 1 diabetics absolutely benefit from a ketogenic lifestyle, because there is far less of a need for the body to produce insulin (so you'll need far less insulin injections to "simulate" a working pancreas).

And your Endocrinologist isn't going to willingly suggest the keto diet to you, unless you bring it up to him/her first. Simply put; most people are incapable of being that disciplined, and the science is still relatively new.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm pretty sure you don't even need your pancreas. Just take that time bomb out.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
See above link. I'm not quite sure you understand what the keto diet does to your body. To be fair tho, "cure" was probably not the best choice of word to use. Think "less need to manage"

Type 1 diabetics absolutely benefit from a ketogenic lifestyle, because there is far less of a need for the body to produce insulin (so you'll need far less insulin injections to "simulate" a working pancreas).

And your Endocrinologist isn't going to willingly suggest the keto diet to you, unless you bring it up to him/her first. Simply put; most people are incapable of being that disciplined, and the science is still relatively new.

Any diet requires the exact same level of management from a type 1 diabetic, you need to know how much insulin you need to counterbalance a meal... whether that is 15 units for a giant meal or 5 units for a small meal with fewer carbs.

It still requires you know how much insulin you need and administer it properly.

Cure is a horrible choice of word lol.... seriously? You guys suggested a diet could cure a pancreas that doesn't work.

Can the diet make you healthier? Sure....

Can it make you require less insulin? Sure...

Can it cure type 1 diabetes? Absolutely not

Can it make managing type 1 diabetes easier? No, and in fact it could harm a type 1 because they could sea-saw their blood sugar trying to figure out how much insulin to use on such a dramatically different diet. It might work out in the long run if they get used to it, but managing it so they don't do too much insulin and plummet might be more difficult early on.

I have had this disease for 18 years now and I effectively manage it.... are you really trying to tell me that you 2 bozos know better?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
[video=youtube;0RBQt544fqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RBQt544fqk[/video]

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, sounds like you got it down. Apologies for trying to help and using a poor word choice. Nothing I say will matter now because I used that "cure" word once..

Insulin regulates glucose. On the keto diet, you're purposefully getting your body to stop producing glucose, and instead produce ketones (which don't require insulin to regulate). It effectively takes your pancreas (working or not) out of the equation, for the most part. That is how it helps type 1 diabetics in managing their affliction.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hmm, we have two alts who are now arguing back and forth. I've never seen this.

Anways: Ares - you can never go wrong with a crockpot meal. They're good, normally really filling, and very cost effective. I know you're looking for something quick, but obviously Fall is the best time to utilize the crock. Start it on a Sunday, you have lunch the next two days and a Monday dinner.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, sounds like you got it down. Apologies for trying to help and using a poor word choice. Nothing I say will matter now because I used that "cure" word once..

Insulin regulates glucose. On the keto diet, you're purposefully getting your body to stop producing glucose, and instead produce ketones (which don't require insulin to regulate). It effectively takes your pancreas (working or not) out of the equation, for the most part. That is how it helps type 1 diabetics in managing their affliction.

You cannot zero out your body's glucose production, it doesn't matter what you do, you need to manage your insulin injections and the food you eat.

And if you take a diabetic and put them on such a diet and they accidentally use too much insulin, now their blood sugar plummets and they need to eat glucose so they won't pass out. Then they eat too much sugar and start going on a sea-saw.

I have been thru this so many times in my life, I know what I am talking about.

You are speaking from a theoretical position, as you are not a type 1 diabetic, and you have no medical degree to back you up.

Fuck outta here like you could tell me better on this.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You have no idea if I am diabetic or not lol. Or, for that matter, what medical degrees I do or don't have, not that it would matter.

Thoughts and prayers. This outburst has been... enlightening, at least.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You have no idea if I am diabetic or not lol. Or, for that matter, what medical degrees I do or don't have, not that it would matter.

Thoughts and prayers. This outburst has been... enlightening, at least.

I do know lol there is no way any type 1 diabetic would be arguing this with me.

There is no way any Endocrinologist would be arguing this with me.

In fact I know what you do for a living.... you a networking IT geek.

Fuk outta here with you acting like you know this shit.