IST: Cubs @ Brewers

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I dont disagree but like someone said maddon Will go to Lester

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Two different questions for me. Who should be and who will be. Maddon is prone to making the wrong calls in game.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Im talking about the Cubs vs. pitchers who tend to be mediocre.

Yeah, this is one of those "the phone always rings when I am in the shower" conclusions.

They kill a lot of mediocre pitchers, but lose to one, and they get labeled as not being able to beat mediocre pitchers.

Besides, the whole point was that Andersen is mediocre, and that is simply incorrect.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He should be. Last five starts been DOMINANT

So have Hendricks'.

And Arietta has been very good of late.

But people will second guess Joe and criticize no matter what he does.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So have Hendricks'.

And Arietta has been very good of late.

But people will second guess Joe and criticize no matter what he does.
Yes, but all these comments are ahead of the game.

Hendricks and Jake have been excellent too. I'd rate them Q, Kyle, Jake without a hesitation over the same time period.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It will most likely fall on the match up and home/away splits.

So honestly you would expect Q at home vs on the road where he has not pitched. Stuff like that factors.

I honestly feel it will be Lester as he matched Scherzer. They figure a push on that game. Then Jake game 2. Then run Q and Kyle at home.

The issue is Lester vs Scherzer away on game 5. That is the main issue with Lester on game 1. You really have to pit your best vs their best and honestly Jake has been the ace of the 2nd half.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
It will most likely fall on the match up and home/away splits.

So honestly you would expect Q at home vs on the road where he has not pitched. Stuff like that factors.

I honestly feel it will be Lester as he matched Scherzer. They figure a push on that game. Then Jake game 2. Then run Q and Kyle at home.

The issue is Lester vs Scherzer away on game 5. That is the main issue with Lester on game 1. You really have to pit your best vs their best and honestly Jake has been the ace of the 2nd half.

How do you figure Scherzer and Lester are a push? That's laughable if you use season numbers and if you use the past month then you'd be lucky to give the Cubs a chance in that game let alone "a push".

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Two different questions for me. Who should be and who will be. Maddon is prone to making the wrong calls in game.
Should be..
Considering their starting on road..

Hendricks
Quintana
Lester
Arrieta

That how id go

What Maddon probably does..

Lester
Hendricks
Arrieta
Quintana

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Should be..
Considering their starting on road..

Hendricks
Quintana
Lester
Arrieta

That how id go

What Maddon probably does..

Lester
Hendricks
Arrieta
Quintana

Hendricks last year had insane home/road splits and while the numbers are similar this year, I tend to believe Joe wants Kyle to pitch at home and you can tell with how he's handled him. I imagine that the question is which lefty Joe goes with as the #2, Q or Lester, because I can't imagine Joe moving Arrieta and Hendricks to the home.

My guess is

Arrieta
Lester
Hendricks
Q

And I'd personally swap Q and Lester and if he's rough again tonight, I'd give a serious consideration to just putting Lackey out there.

If he goes that way and he's "wrong" about Lester, you'd have Jake in games 1/5 and then in the next series, you could maybe move Kyle and Q up and move Lester to game 3 (getting him a long rest to hopefully correct what's wrong). If he's right about Lester, he leaves the rotation that way. It also breaks up the lefty/right of the Nationals and since Dusty is heavy platoon, it would allow your bullpen to be a little fresher as you imagine you'd use your lefties more in games Jake/Kyle start and then use your righties more in games that Jon/Q start.