Patriots and NFL being sued for Severe Case of CTE in Aaron Hernandez

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/21/aaron-hernandezs-fiancee-sues-patriots-nfl-cte/

Aaron Hernandez's fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez, says Aaron killed himself as a result of severe CTE he suffered during his NFL career -- and she's suing the the Patriots and the league for keeping him in the dark about the brain disease.

Shayanna filed the lawsuit in Mass. on behalf of the daughter she had with Aaron.

In the suit Shayanna says, "Aaron had stage 3 CTE usually seen in players with a median age of death of 67 years."

Shayanna claims the NFL and the Patriots were aware of the link between suicidal impulses and CTE and failed to share that info with Hernandez.

She claims the NFL and the Patriots "were fully aware of the damage that could be inflicted from repetitive impact injuries and failed to disclose, treat or protect him from the dangers of such damage."

In her suit, Shayanna says she and her daughter are seeking "redress for the loss of parental consortium she has experienced based on the negligent conduct of Defendants that deprived her of the companionship and society of her father, Aaron Hernandez."

Hernandez infamously killed himself in his prison cell on April 19 -- after he was found not guilty in a double homicide. Hernandez was already serving a life sentence for the murder of Odin Lloyd at the time of his death.

Shayanna says in her suit, "On April 19, 2017, Aaron succumbed to the symptoms of CTE and committed suicide."

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was bound to happen eventually and it will be interesting to see where this leads in this case.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
wouldn't it be a hard case to make not only for hernandez but for all players as well considering the fact that they've played football their entire lives at all levels...how can you pin point the cte directly to the nfl

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stupid. CTE is terrible don't get me wrong, but if you don't want it, don't play football.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Nfl players don't get CTE just from playing in the NFL. they get hit in the head in peewee, highschool, and college.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The argument in the lawsuit as I understand it, is not that the NFL play caused the CTE, but that the NFL had been misrepresenting CTE and the effects of it to the players in the NFL at the time Hernandez was playing.

I don't know if that is correct and I am not arguing it is, but that seems to be the main argument of the lawsuit.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The argument in the lawsuit as I understand it, is not that the NFL play caused the CTE, but that the NFL had been misrepresenting CTE and the effects of it to the players in the NFL at the time Hernandez was playing.

I don't know if that is correct and I am not arguing it is, but that seems to be the main argument of the lawsuit.

I think that and then some. The severity of his specific case will be played up and looks like they'll even go as far too say obvious symptoms were ignored by the team.

With it already being said Aaron's case was the most severe that has been seen in anyone his age, that severity of his CTE will be a focal point. Basically I think they'll go as far to say, "If you think Aaron was out of his mind, he was and football did it to him" and nobody in the NFL told him how bad it could get or how much it could negatively impact him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think that and then some. The severity of his specific case will be played up and looks like they'll even go as far too say obvious symptoms were ignored by the team.

With it already being said Aaron's case was the most severe that has been seen in anyone his age, that severity of his CTE will be a focal point. Basically I think they'll go as far to say, "If you think Aaron was out of his mind, he was and football did it to him" and nobody in the NFL told him how bad it could get or how much it could negatively impact him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I agree they will expand their argument in that direction, but the foundation will be that the NFL and Patriots misled players about CTE and concussions, not that the NFL/Patriots caused the concussions/CTE....that would be a terrible foundation for an argument seeing as Hernandez chose to play.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is truly going to be an interesting case to follow. No doubt CTE could be argued as a significant factor in his life and his suicide.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Nfl players don't get CTE just from playing in the NFL. they get hit in the head in peewee, highschool, and college.
Then add the ncaa and his college & high school to the suit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Aaron Hernandez is the Chris Benoit equivalent for the NFL.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What does CTE have to do with being a thug for most of your life?