Mirotic agrees to 2yr /$27 million contract (2nd yr team option)

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Tank insurance.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it was me, I wouldn't have even made him a qualifying offer of 7M per.

All losing Mirotic would have done is help ensure the Bulls' depth would be depleted of decent talent going into the regular season. He's hit his ceiling as a below average starting 4. Why pay anything to a guy who has little value when the Bulls could just develop Markannen and lose more games in the process. More ping pong balls- the better.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Mirotic is a bum and this will prove to be a mistake. Since the Bulls aren't going anywhere, Mirotic will probably shott 67% from 3pt while the team gets blown out by 25. We'll look at his gaudy numbers that don't mean anything in a shit season and wonder how the Bulls could ever get rid of this guy. Then they'll resign him for more money, and once the games start to matter again, he'll shrink like a frightened turtle. If/When the Bulls ever make the playoffs again, he'll go missing.

He is the very definition of soft.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
uhhh, why? Oh yeah, GarPax.

At least they didn't trade for Melo.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it was me, I wouldn't have even made him a qualifying offer of 7M per.

All losing Mirotic would have done is help ensure the Bulls' depth would be depleted of decent talent going into the regular season. He's hit his ceiling as a below average starting 4. Why pay anything to a guy who has little value when the Bulls could just develop Markannen and lose more games in the process. More ping pong balls- the better.

well...I'd like to get something for him since we have had a string of squandering assets. He has averaged 20 ppg for a few weeks at a time before, we should wait for one of those and trade him to a contender.